Worst Wedding Proposal EVER

Options
Anyone have any stories about the worst wedding proposal??? Heres mine!!!

Went to a local bar with my soon-to-be-fiance and two of his male friends. It was right after 9/11 and he told me that the local post office had an anthrax scare, and he wanted me to have some Levaquin (the anti-anthrax drug). He handed me a vile while his friends (who knew about it) watched. I opened it, and my diamond engagement ring was in there. He didn't even get on his friggin knee.
He swears hes going to make it up to me.... but I doubt it.

Replies

• boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    That made me laugh only because Im sure he thought it was gonna ROCK!
  • Barbie1125
    Options
    I dated my husband the first time when I was 14 ( we are 4 years apart ) and then again when I was 16... anyways so now im 16 He worked out of town and he was in town for the weekend so I met with him at the hotel room he was staying at (Dec 23 rd) .. there was a present sitting ontop of tv so I figured it was my Christmas present. We chit chatted for a bit and he told me that he was gonna go to the bar for a bit with his friends and I was kinda bummed out because I hadn't seen him in two weeks but what ever I wasnt old enough to get in yet anyway. He eventually said well arent you gonna open your present? So i went to the T.V opened it ( He was just sitting at the table in room ) and it was a ring... I thought awww how nice. All he said to me was " So now will you marry me?" He didnt get down on one knee or anything just sat in his stupid chair .. then he left an hour later to the bar with his friends. We got married two years later when I turned 18 and have been married for 15 years, together for 17 and 2 pretty successful boys one who will be 16 soon and has been gone since last August he was accepted to a Baseball Academy 14 hours away from home and the other 13 who wants to follow in his brothers footsteps. SO for those of you who say that young couples dont last.. It CAN happen there are ALOT of bumps big ones but when its ment to be you get through them! He told me when I was 14 that he was gonna marry me one day and I guess he was right.

P.S He sucks at weight loss support though!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    My propoasal was pathetic. My boyfriend looked at me and said "well, what do you think should we get married?" No ring, no knee, no kiss, no nothing. Looking back I should have said "No Way" but I was young and thought I was in love. :brokenheart:
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My dad proposed to my mum when they were crossing the road, saying "I suppose we should get married then..."
    So unromantic.

Much cuter, my boyfriends dad saw his mum across a station when he was with a mutual friend, pointed at her and said "I'll marry her one day."
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    OH..mine is a good one..

I knew my s2bx for about a month. I had to go out to California for my job and we decided to go out to Vegas for a few days. So we went and I got kind of drunk. He kind of asked me to marry him and we did it.

Biggest mistake of my life. Seven years it took me to decide that I had enough. I tried to work it out with him but he refused to grow up.
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    found out I was pregnant.....end story...lol
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    A friend of mine had a bad one... she and her boyfriend were having a huge fight and quit talking for a while. They settled down to give each other the cold shoulder, each watching different movies in different rooms. Her boyfriend called down the hall to get him a bag of chips, and she lost her temper and stomped in to give him a piece of her mind. Before she could open her mouth, though, he shoved a box into her hand, saying "This wasn't quite what I had in mind but here..." It was an engagement ring. She said no and handed the box back. He took out the ring and threw it at her... and then tried to take her to court when she sold it!
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Mine is the worst by far, because it lasted months.

I got pregnant, it took about 2 minutes for us both to say, "let's get married."

I asked nicely if there could be a legitimate proposal at some point before the quickie wedding.

About 2 months later, while in the hospital for a fever of 105 degrees and a severe kidney infection, I got a half-assed drunken proposal from him, while I was lying there with greasy hair and tubes everywhere. I told him that didn't count as a proposal.

Fast forward a month and a half, married for 2 weeks and it's Christmas. He had a brilliant idea to get me a ring for Christmas and put it in a pair of crotchless panties with a little pocket in the front. He couldn't afford the ring, so he still gave me the crotchless underwear though, I was 7 months pregnant and that was my only gift.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I married the guy. He was never quite good at the gift giving thing, although this year he gave me (from the kids of course) the most awesome pair of running pants EVER. I wear them all the time.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine had a bad one... she and her boyfriend were having a huge fight and quit talking for a while. They settled down to give each other the cold shoulder, each watching different movies in different rooms. Her boyfriend called down the hall to get him a bag of chips, and she lost her temper and stomped in to give him a piece of her mind. Before she could open her mouth, though, he shoved a box into her hand, saying "This wasn't quite what I had in mind but here..." It was an engagement ring. She said no and handed the box back. He took out the ring and threw it at her... and then tried to take her to court when she sold it!

Just the laugh I needed to head back to work! Thanks!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    "Do you want to get married, or what?" No ring.
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My dog had bloated and was in the hospital, he'd gone through a five hour surgery because of complications. I was a mess and was heading over to visit him. Was on the computer checking care instructions when my now-hubby walked in, got on one knee, opened the ring box and said what amounted to "will you join the club of marriage with me?" in Russian. He used google translator instead of asking my parents to teach him the words. I asked him to repeat in English just to be sure, said yes, put the ring on and we went to visit rocky at the vet.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any stories about the worst wedding proposal??? Heres mine!!!

Went to a local bar with my soon-to-be-fiance and two of his male friends. It was right after 9/11 and he told me that the local post office had an anthrax scare, and he wanted me to have some Levaquin (the anti-anthrax drug). He handed me a vile while his friends (who knew about it) watched. I opened it, and my diamond engagement ring was in there. He didn't even get on his friggin knee.
    He swears hes going to make it up to me.... but I doubt it.

Wait...9/11 as in 9/11/01? Are you still waiting?
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Not the worst proposal but perhaps some of the sexiest attire...

In the pissing-down rain, we were wearing heavy black trash bags on our legs that were duct-taped to our knees when he asked me.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    My dog had bloated and was in the hospital, he'd gone through a five hour surgery because of complications. I was a mess and was heading over to visit him. Was on the computer checking care instructions when my now-hubby walked in, got on one knee, opened the ring box and said what amounted to "will you join the club of marriage with me?" in Russian. He used google translator instead of asking my parents to teach him the words. I asked him to repeat in English just to be sure, said yes, put the ring on and we went to visit rocky at the vet.

O em gee!!! I am cracking up right now? Worst timing ever!!

I was on a humanitarian trip to an African orphanage once and as I'm crying and sad because it's the last day, my past ex-bf of 3 years asked me to go out with him. I was PISSED that he asked me when I was so sad! I can't imagine being asked to get married during such a sad time. lolol!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Mine bought the ring, and had all this romance planned. He was going to take me to the ocean for the first time, and while we were crossing the ocean in the ferry, he was going to propose. He told everyone in my life he was going to propose, either at the ocean, or during our summer vacation at my sister's house...but he couldn't wait that long. He bought the ring, hid it in the winter tires in our basement, and went to check on it every 5 minutes. The little boy in him couldn't wait any longer, so while I was a mess from doing house work, folding laundry and the child was outside, he decided to pick a fight. He said "what would you do if i had a ring right now and said marry me"...i snapped out and said that it didn't matter because he didn't have a ring and I wanted to get engaged after we buy a house...he went stomping downstairs, came back up with the ring, got down on one knee and proposed...I cried, called everyone I could think of, but they already knew. Guess it's not the worst proposal ever...it's still a good story lol turns out I was right, and we're buy a house and having a 4 year engagement lol
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Not the worst proposal but perhaps some of the sexiest attire...

In the pissing-down rain, we were wearing heavy black trash bags on our legs that were duct-taped to our knees when he asked me.

Excellence does not account for preparation
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    :grumble: im still waiting..it"ll be 11 yrs on feb 25th
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    :grumble: im still waiting..it"ll be 11 yrs on feb 25th

wow...11 years? You haven't b!tched enough
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    OH..mine is a good one..

I knew my s2bx for about a month. I had to go out to California for my job and we decided to go out to Vegas for a few days. So we went and I got kind of drunk. He kind of asked me to marry him and we did it.

Biggest mistake of my life. Seven years it took me to decide that I had enough. I tried to work it out with him but he refused to grow up.
    I swear to God I could have written this. I was living in Cali, dating my ex for about 2 months. We were going to Vegas with some friends. He asks if I want to get married while we are there (took a whole 1 min break from World of Warcraft to say it). Worst mistake ever. Also refused to grow up!
    That is so similar its scary!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    drunk on tequilla in a bar parking lot on my birthday. My friends asked him if he was going to pop the question, as i had been suspecting. he told them yes and they begged him to do it that night. He later made a snide comment about taking my gift back when I said "go ahead" he then said it was in the car....me, again drunk on tequilla, runs out of the bar to the car, into it and found the ring before he could catch up to me....i said yes, before he even asked....should have known that marriage would end like *kitten* lol.