Options
    I proposed during a sky dive together.

Her chute didn't open though.

Luckily, I got a refund for the ring.

Troll
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    My husband said to a friend of his in front of me, "we're getting married in September if you're free". lol I jumped all over it and started planning.
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My husband said to a friend of his in front of me, "we're getting married in September if you're free". lol I jumped all over it and started planning.
    That's adorable!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    lol yeah :) Not the "down on one knee at the top of the empire state building", but it worked! :)
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    At,east most of y'all got a ring...

My husband proposed to me When we were sitting on the couch and chitchatting with a "so, will you marry me?" and he borrowed the ring that was already on one of my fingers!!!!

I did get a ring eventually, when we had a Bollywood style engagement...

But what I do appreciate is him flying all the way from California to India to surprise me on my birthday, oh and that was the first time we had ever met in person :-)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    First husband - out to a romantic dinner on the anniversary of when we had met... I was kind of expecting a proposal but nothing happened. The day after he sat on the couch and asked me - and said that he would have asked the night before but he drank too much and didn't want to be drunk when he proposed.

Second husband - out at dinner with a friend of his. He went to pay the bill, then came back with the receipt all folded up and tucked it under my watch band. I didn't pay much attention, but when I pulled out the paper he had written "would you married me".
    And I did.
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    Am I the only one who feels that you gals seem REALLY *****Y.

'Oh my god, my proposal sucked, I should have known I'd end up divorcing that loser'

I find a lot of these stories really cute, and funny. Sweet in those imperfect moment kinda ways that are fun to tell your kids. O.o

Am I the only one that finds you "REALLY *****Y" I don't think so.... :noway:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Well my proposell was a hushed whisper,was well gutted always dreamt of a huge audience....Awwww but that's us girlie girls.....If I'm ever daft enough marry again it'll have 2 be a new yrs eve job

I didn't understand any of this sentence... :huh:
    I spose maybe another language.......daft
    She apparently wanted a bigger deal ( that was gutted, like a fish) made out of it, but instead it was a quiet thing. Not that hard!
    It says "I'm a drama queen".
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    The wife and I dated for 7 years, when I proposed she slapped me and said " What took so long?". It wasn't a girly slap either....it was like a How I met your mother - Marshall Barney slap bet!!!

I made her wait 2 more years before we actually had a wedding.....
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any stories about the worst wedding proposal??? Heres mine!!!

Went to a local bar with my soon-to-be-fiance and two of his male friends. It was right after 9/11 and he told me that the local post office had an anthrax scare, and he wanted me to have some Levaquin (the anti-anthrax drug). He handed me a vile while his friends (who knew about it) watched. I opened it, and my diamond engagement ring was in there. He didn't even get on his friggin knee.
    He swears hes going to make it up to me.... but I doubt it.

You sound like a peach, I'd want to marry you too....
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    My now Ex walked into Our House, tossed a Ring box in my lap as I sat on the couch, and said, "I guess You gotta start planning a wedding now..."

May be why He's an Ex now... : /
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My propoasal was pathetic. My boyfriend looked at me and said "well, what do you think should we get married?" No ring, no knee, no kiss, no nothing. Looking back I should have said "No Way" but I was young and thought I was in love. :brokenheart:

THAT IS EXACTLY what my (ex)husband did!!!!! I should have known!
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any stories about the worst wedding proposal??? Heres mine!!!

Went to a local bar with my soon-to-be-fiance and two of his male friends. It was right after 9/11 and he told me that the local post office had an anthrax scare, and he wanted me to have some Levaquin (the anti-anthrax drug). He handed me a vile while his friends (who knew about it) watched. I opened it, and my diamond engagement ring was in there. He didn't even get on his friggin knee.
    He swears hes going to make it up to me.... but I doubt it.

Lmao, she's the girl that called me a stupid dumb b!tch on another forum.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    The wife and I dated for 7 years, when I proposed she slapped me and said " What took so long?". It wasn't a girly slap either....it was like a How I met your mother - Marshall Barney slap bet!!!

Why didn't she propose if she was so tired of waiting?
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies... Please.

My husband and I met online.

Online.

Yes, we are nerds.

We'd speak on the phone every day. For hours. And text like crazy. Etc, etc, etc.. We spent a year like this before we actually met face to face. The conversation I'm about to divulge happened shortly before we moved in together. We're on the phone. His mum was in the room. My soon-to-be-hubby is the tender age of 17. Suddenly, he asks.. "Mom wants to know if we're enganged."

"....Well... You haven't asked me."

*slight pause*

"Will you-"

"YOU ARE NOT ASKING ME OVER THE PHONE. WITH NO RING."

He bought a ring. We moved in together on his 18th birthday (Two days after Christmas.. I was 19). The ring was my belated Christmas present. Wrapped with a little bow. :)
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

Lmao, she's the girl that called me a stupid dumb b!tch on another forum.

I stick by my statement...
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lvcs9uLK0s1r6pt4fo1_500.jpg

Super funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options

Why didn't she propose if she was so tired of waiting?

That was funny b/c I love the Slat episodes LOL
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So, my now hubby and I were playing the "If we ever got married who would be at our wedding" game (I know you have all done this!), at around midnight, laying in bed. We were actually having a full on argument about the photographer (I wanted a family friend to be the photog, but hubby hated him at the time). After about 15 minutes of argument I said, "This is probably the stupidest argument ever! We aren't even getting married!" His humble response was, "Well, we could." I said, "Are you asking me to marry you?" He said, "Sure, why not!"

We're about to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary :-) (Oh, and my family friend was the wedding photographer! I win!)
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Mine...

We had been together for about 5 months, and were on the couch having a conversation about how much we "loved" our Exes..How they make our lives so much easier with their constant bs. I was in mid sentence about how i'm not sure if i would ever want to get married again...Bend down to fix my shoe and turn back to him and he's on one knee. I asked him what the hell was he doing and he responded "I think i'm asking you to marry me." and 11 years later here we are :)