No, "it" isn't an open invitation for you to ....

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
Go ahead and respond with your version of what "it" is ...

For me - it's my ink. Okay, I've got tattoos. So does a crapload of people. BUT, the fact my arms are visibily covered to my wrists does NOT give you an open invitation to ...

~ show me your ink. We're not all in a club. Having a tattoo isn't special. I don't put on a bra in the morning and then run up to everyone else wearing a bra and tell them HEY! LOOK AT MY BRA! I HAVE ONE TOOOOOO!!!!!

~ ask me any personal question under the damned sun. "Where do you get your work done?" Sure. But "How much did it cost?" and then following that up with "What do you do to have so much money to spend on that?" If/When I give you an answer. "what does it MMMEEEAAAANNNN?" Oh good lord. Shut the hell up. I LIKE it, okay? I'm not an episode of LA Ink where everything has to have a freaking deep meaning to it.

~ tell me the tattoo YOU want to get or your sister wants to get and ask my opinion. I'm just trying to buy a coffee, I don't care. And I'm pretty sure the tweety bird design you want is going to be awesome.

~ tell me why YOU would never get a tattooo. I don't come up to you and tell you why i would NEVER wear the hairstyle you are wearing.

~ explain to me how you don't like tattoos. Hey, I don't like those jeans you're wearing either but you don't see me giving you my reasons why.

~ touch me. Seriously. Stop touching me. I can't tell you how many people have just grabbed my sleeve or back of my shirt to look under my clothes to see what else I've got going on.

Do you have one??

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have an "it" but I want to bump just to read the responses. :laugh:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    No. I am pretty boring. I don't have 'it'. LOL

However, I think it is quite funny that people just grab you to look at your tats. That is like when people are pregnant and strangers just randomly go and rub their belly....lol
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    You stole mine .... jerk! LOL
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    No. I am pretty boring. I don't have 'it'. LOL

However, I think it is quite funny that people just grab you to look at your tats. That is like when people are pregnant and strangers just randomly go and rub their belly....lol

That is what I was thinking...

I have one... when my oldest was still a newborn, I was at a rest stop and changing her on one of those changing stations when this little girl ran up, rubbed her head, and ran out before I could say anything. I wanted to snatch that kid up so bad... but she knew to get lost real quick. LOL!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Mine is computers.

I tell someone I work in computers ....

I walk past someone who knows I work with them ....

I don't get "Gary, you're doing a great job...", no it's "Oh, I know you're really busy but ...."

Yes, that's what I do for a living. But we cross paths and introduce ourselves .... next comment "what do you do ?", so yeah, I tell them I work in computers. Next thing they turn on "OH FREE SUPPORT ... GOTTA MILK THIS GUY".

I am a nerd, I am a geek, but I have feelings too !

People at work think computers means they ask me to type a letter or plug in a computer or check their freekin toaster !

Got me started lol.... End rant now !
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yes I have boobs and don't live in turtle necks because they make me look fat so....

Yes 'it' is cleavage but no it doesn't give you an excuse to stare, point, touch, or talk to it!
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I wear vibram five fingers shoes to run in.

No "it's" not permission to give me every opinion you have of them as far as safety, looks, or function, or why you'd never wear them.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Not a problem any more, but: My waist-length hair is not an invitation for you to stick your nasty hands in it and play with it! Complete strangers would do this without even saying hi.
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes I have boobs and don't live in turtle necks because they make me look fat so....

Yes 'it' is cleavage but no it doesn't give you an excuse to stare, point, touch, or talk to it!

ME TOO!!!! DITTO THIS ONE!
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    For me it's because I work in a hospital.....

I AM NOT A DOCTOR so.....

No I don't know what that weird rash is on your arm.
    No I don't have any idea why your poop is orange
    No I don't know if one medication will react with another
    No I don't make a lot of money
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Okay... I've got one.

I don't eat back my exercise calories... that is not permission for you to tell me how you THINK that I will be too weak to workout or that you THINK my hair might fall out.
  • cricket_0408
    cricket_0408 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

YES!!!!
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options

That's mine....add to that no you cannot ask me if they are real!!!!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    People giving me parenting advice. I have 4 kids, been there done that, got the t-shirt. I don't need your opinion on poop, breastfeeding, formula feeding, puke, food, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, making my own food, spanking, discipline or anything else kid related. I will raise my kids the best way I know how and do what I feel is best for them. If you don't like it, TOUGH!!!
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

This! This, this, this, this, this!
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    Go ahead and respond with your version of what "it" is ...

For me - it's my ink. Okay, I've got tattoos. So does a crapload of people. BUT, the fact my arms are visibily covered to my wrists does NOT give you an open invitation to ...

~ show me your ink. We're not all in a club. Having a tattoo isn't special. I don't put on a bra in the morning and then run up to everyone else wearing a bra and tell them HEY! LOOK AT MY BRA! I HAVE ONE TOOOOOO!!!!!

~ ask me any personal question under the damned sun. "Where do you get your work done?" Sure. But "How much did it cost?" and then following that up with "What do you do to have so much money to spend on that?" If/When I give you an answer. "what does it MMMEEEAAAANNNN?" Oh good lord. Shut the hell up. I LIKE it, okay? I'm not an episode of LA Ink where everything has to have a freaking deep meaning to it.

~ tell me the tattoo YOU want to get or your sister wants to get and ask my opinion. I'm just trying to buy a coffee, I don't care. And I'm pretty sure the tweety bird design you want is going to be awesome.

~ tell me why YOU would never get a tattooo. I don't come up to you and tell you why i would NEVER wear the hairstyle you are wearing.

~ explain to me how you don't like tattoos. Hey, I don't like those jeans you're wearing either but you don't see me giving you my reasons why.

~ touch me. Seriously. Stop touching me. I can't tell you how many people have just grabbed my sleeve or back of my shirt to look under my clothes to see what else I've got going on.

Do you have one??

HAHAH SO TRUE. Though you can't see in my pics, I have a decent amount of hours of tattooing (guess it is mostly on sides/back!) and people were always creepily tracing the lines of a tattoo I have between my shoulder blades..... Until I got a boyfriend who has sleeves, leg pieces, etc. -- now they either stay away completely or just bother him instead :bigsmile:
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm the animal person in my family and friend group. Every person comes to me when they find a cat or a dog that has been abandoned, or when they need to have an animal spayed.

I don't mind it, but at one point, I had way too many cats in my house to handle lol.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Ok, but what if I wanted to get Sylvester the cat instead of tweety bird...would that still be awesome???
  • gnrduff1
    gnrduff1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Not a problem any more, but: My waist-length hair is not an invitation for you to stick your nasty hands in it and play with it! Complete strangers would do this without even saying hi.

My girlfriend's little sister has been asking me since August of '08 "When ya gonna let me braid your hair?" I'm going to punch her soon. (sarcasm)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    For me it's because I work in a hospital.....

I AM NOT A DOCTOR so.....

No I don't know what that weird rash is on your arm.
    No I don't have any idea why your poop is orange
    No I don't know if one medication will react with another
    No I don't make a lot of money

This...except i may know why their poo is orange...