You're SO's Parents (aka in-laws)

Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
Do you love or loathe your signifant other's parents?

I happen to love mine.

Errr..I mean his.

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    Both of my fiancé's parents are passed away, but from what I have heard, I know I would have loved them.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Both of my fiancé's parents are passed away, but from what I have heard, I know I would have loved them.

awww..
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    I like my SO's parents but they can be a major pain in my @$$ sometimes...he is an only child so his relationships with his parents is quite different from mine.

@EmCarroll - I am sorry to hear that :-( I am glad I have "in-laws" even if they get on my nerves sometimes.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Thanks ladies. :)
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    i like my wife mother, her father i hate. he called my kids little n words, so everytime I see him i want to deck him
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Yep, mine are pretty awesome!

(My mother-in-law logs her calories on this site so any other answer would be unacceptable).
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    My fiance hasn't seen his dad since he was around 12, but I absolutely love his mom. We talk for at least an hour anytime one of us calls the other because neither of us can shut up, lol.
  • EmCarroll1990
    i like my wife mother, her father i hate. he called my kids little n words, so everytime I see him i want to deck him

I just went through your pictures and I'd feel the same way, your children are absolutely beautiful.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    They drive us NUTS! Yes, my husband too! I think they're both manic.

Now my grandparent-in-laws, are amazing. They're have my <3...and I think hubby's mother can't stand that! *wicked laugh*
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    My fiance's mum is fantastic. One of the kindest, most generous people I've ever known. She and my fiance's sister met me before we were in a relationship and were wonderful hosts to a group of us visiting his home for his birthday. Then we got together, and she's been so wonderful and welcoming, making me feel at home whenever I visit and taking a genuine interest in my life. She even took me in for Christmas a couple of years ago when I was going to be spending it alone.

I didn't grow up in a good household. I've never known what it's like to be close to family members and for a long time I found it a bit...creepy...how close my fiance is to his, but having spent a fair amount of time with his immediate and extended family I'm starting to see the value of close family relationships. His whole family are great.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member

I just went through your pictures and I'd feel the same way, your children are absolutely beautiful.
    thank you very much
  • EmCarroll1990

thank you very much

No problem. :)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,689 Member
    I ADORE his mom, and I don't particularly enjoy being around his father (I'm being diplomatic here). Since they haven't been married in over a decade, and my husband has somewhat similar feelings, it works out okay.
  • eacatterton
    eacatterton Posts: 111 Member
    I love my hubs parents, even though I think that they spoil and enable their adult children entirely too much. I guess I could say I am slowly weaning my hubs away from them :)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member

Little ninjas?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Both my daughter and future son in law are on mfp. I hope he loves us as much as we love him!!!
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    They're good people. They're completely batsh*t insane, but they're good people. lol
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    I love my in-laws, BUT my Dad-in-law has become extremely and staunchly pro-Republican and VERY vocal about it in the last five years, which totally gets on my nerves. I do my best not to mention anything political EVER, because it's guaranteed to cause him to rant. Yuck, I hate that. Mo-in-law is wonderful, very sweet.:smile:
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,223 Member

OMG!!! You're a bigger person than I would've been....not sure what my reaction would've been but it probably would be nuclear. Grrrr!!!!
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    I LOVE MY IN-LAWS!!!! Big ol' Mexican family :)