McDonalds Anyone?

Options

Replies

• PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hubby and i usually grab a grilled chicken snack wrap (1 each) if we happen to be grocery shopping at lunch time. For about 250c, 26g carbs and 16g protein - it fills us and keeps us from making bad impulse buys at the grocery store. Plus we're getting a workout pushing that hefty grocery cart lol. Wish they would offer it on a w/w tortilla instead of white tho to increase the fibre count.

Sodium is high so i wouldn't do it regularly, but on occasion it's something we work into our journals.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Occassionally, I MUST have their french fries!
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't like fast food, Wendy's is the only one I can eat without feeling meh afterwards. haha
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    If going there once a week helps you stay on track with the rest of your meals, then by all means do it.

I can take it or leave McD's. Occasionally, I like a snack wrap or Happy Meal, or even the Angus burger, but it's about once every 4 or 5 months.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to one out of choice in about 9 years - had to go in one a few months ago because the girlfriend insisted but that was it. It was food - served it's purpose and was nothing to shout about. The food is tasteless and the quality of the meat is enough confirmation for me that it is best avoided.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    This is easy for me being a vegetarian, I do crave their salty french fries from time to time though!

McDonalds french fries aren't vegetarian. They have beef extract in them. The same goes for the hash-browns. Oh, and even the yogurt has gelatin in it.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    OMG I was totally addicted to their Iced Coffees til about 3 weeks ago!! I was drinking them 3-4 times a week and the Frappes too sometimes! HELP!!!! :noway:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    No. As much as I like a Big Mac or Nuggets from time to time...I am really working hard at not eating there. I haven't eaten at McDonalds in months.

I have been trying to make better choices if I am forced to eat fast food. I usually go with a Salad, without the dressing because a lot of the dressings are so bad for us... Or I pick subway and have a 6inch 9-grain turkey with lots of veggies.
  • MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The only thing I really like there anymore is the Southwest Grilled Chicken Salads w/ Southwest Dressing. They are so awesome. Every once in a while I might have something less healthy, especially if I am craving fries. :blushing:
  • DevanEve
    DevanEve Posts: 130
    Options
    I honestly love the egg mcmuffins. :D I don't eat them often but once every other week maybe. Unfortunately I can't afford organic food or have time to go to the store so I have to work with what I have. Trust me - if I could afford Whole Foods shopping all the time I would but seeing as my check doesn't work with that, I can't.
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    2 egg mcmuffins with no cheese. take all the meat and egg off and put on one muffin---give the other muffin away or toss it. Now eat the other with only half of that muffin--great protein, few carbs, under 300 calories.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    2 double cheeseburgers, large fries, BBQ sauce, apple pie and a latte please....... is what the old me would have said, don't think I'd know what to do with a McDonalds now, certainly wouldn't be able to eat all that lol :sick:
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    I don't usually eat McD's but for some reason, I was craving one on tuesday, so while I was in town, I got a cheeseburger and fries. It was absolutely disgusting. It didn't fill me up at all and I felt like I had everyone's beady eyes on me watching as I was eating it. I won't be going back again, that's for sure !!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Although youre staying under calories, fast food is soo unhealthy in so many ways. Packed with "bad carbs", is processed and Full of fats and preservatives. Very high in sodium which makes you retain water and leads to weight gain. If you fill your diet it with lots of fresh fruits and veggies and protein you'll feel so much better physically. For me, if i eat fast food I feel sluggish and like total crap. Once in a i think its ok to splurge, its normal, but i don't think eating fast food should be made into a habit :p

^^This. I hadn't had fast food in probably almost 9 months, then last month I decided to grab McD's breakfast on my way to work because I was running late. I was so nauseous all day long. Will NEVER do that again. :sick:
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I Mystery Shop there, so i really can't avoid it. I just try to choose the lower-cal options my company asks me to evaluate.

And as a side note: the company I work for expects me to but TWO meals and eat BOTH! I couldn't do that on my hungriest day! I just "secretly" give the second one to my boyfriend lol
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Okay seriously, i know it's bad for you, but i still have one every week!
    Well, actually to be honest yesterday I had A sweet chilli sandwich (no mayo), a large fries and large diet coke? and it was 900 Calories, and it DIDN'T make me go over the recommended daily amount.

6 chicken nuggets, 250 calories and same for hamburger? Not bad really. But i guess i don't like Big Macs and things like that.

Gahh at the end of the day, i know it's bad and you can't really argue against it.

Anyone else still go there quite regular? lol

Calories or not THAT FOOD IS POSION! I ages and slowley kills you from the inside out!
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    McDonalds is the one thing that I can't eat anymore. It makes me feel like crap within a couple of hours. I can (and do) tolerate other fast food but there is something in McD's that just doesn't agree with my body. In the last 14 weeks, I have only had restraurant food 8 times - 1 fast food, 3 mexican, the rest were fattosh salads. This is an accomplishment for me because it used to be every day - sometimes twice a day.
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    I am ashamed to admit i like mcdonalds..and it can be one of my worst enemies cause it's cheap and plentiful. (food for a recession, as some call it). and quite frankly, they've always had terrible meat products. i simply cannot eat it anymore.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Their fries are AMAZING. :) But my weakness is Chinese food so I spend my splurge calories there.
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    McDonalds is the one thing that I can't eat anymore. It makes me feel like crap within a couple of hours. I can (and do) tolerate other fast food but there is something in McD's that just doesn't agree with my body. In the last 14 weeks, I have only had restraurant food 8 times - 1 fast food, 3 mexican, the rest were fattosh salads. This is an accomplishment for me because it used to be every day - sometimes twice a day.

libland, you nailed in on the head. that's how i feel after i have it...