McDonalds Anyone?

Options

Replies

• paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    i agree Maximal

i have a slim colleague who runs, but is completely OBSESSED with everything she eats and drinks, she doesnt enjoy food because shes terrified of it.

no thanks!
  • CruzZ8
    CruzZ8 Posts: 71
    Options
    I love McDonald's a few times a year. My favorite is always the breakfast, and about once a year I do the deluxe big breakfast and then lay into a food comma. I like the apple pies. I love the chicken club on that honey wheat bread or something like that, and of course the nuggets!!! I also love the quarter pounder haha
  • Jennhasfaith
    Jennhasfaith Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    if you really want to know what fast food does to your body watch the movie "Super size me". This is a documentry about this guy who eats McD"s for all three meals a day for an entire month. The kicker is that if they ask him if he wants to super size it, he has to according to the rules of his McD's program. His health was put into circumstances that no one should go through at all.

Frankly it's quite disgusting what the fast food industry puts into their food, let alone what it does to your body!!!!!!! I don't go to McDonalds, Burger King, etc......If i go to one it is to Wendy's for the low cal salads.

Here's to eating healthy!!!
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    it's NOT "bad". no food is "bad". It's all about moderation.

Now getting large fries, big mac, and large regular soda or milkshake everyday? that can rack of some calories, fat, etc and be bad.

but the smaller portions of things are NOT bad. It's ALL food.

Also depends on what you do all day long.
    Sit in a cubicle? Yeah you're right! When I
    was working in construction, I lived off fast
    food, the roach coach and never gained any
    weight from fat. I did how ever build up strength!

When I worked in a cubicle, it was whole
    different story. I ended up having to work
    out Mon-Fri, and keep an eye on what I ate.
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So you guys never saw this?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lisab14/yes-this-is-liquid-chicken-nuggets-in-a-cardboard-1sa6

About what chicken nuggets are made of?

And I recently read something from someone who lives on a farm. Apparently , when owning a lot of chickens, some ultimately die. The ones that die are bought by the fast food chains to make their products.

Just eewwww.

I like McNuggets so I'm not going to look at it lol
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of processed foods. I try to eat everything that is natural/free range (non hormonal).
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    The only things I ever eat there are the fish sandwich and occasionally an egg and cheese biscuit for breakfast (god damn, do I ever crave those sometimes). I've never been a huge McDonald's fan. Taco Bell, however, is a different story. Nom!
  • uksccs
    uksccs Posts: 6
    Options
    i worked there for 6 months and it took another 6 months before i ate one again and to tell u the truth i felt horrible after it not good give me a home made burger anyday!!! x
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I can't eat McDonalds food..it tastes like rubbish to me! I just don't like it and I really can't digest it :|
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I go only once in awhile as a treat and I get a cheeseburger. I prefer Wendy's where I can get the Grilled Chicken and Baked Potato or Taco Bell for the cheesearito.
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    I didn't eat there for a really long while once I started eating healthy and then one day I got a cheeseburger and it made me soooo sick! I haven't eaten there again since for their burgers. I did however have a week moment and get a reese's mcflurry....heavennnnnnnnnn!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'll grab a coffee and fudge sundae without nuts there... quite often!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Once a week won't kill ya as long as you keep it in your calorie limit.

Honestly though, after not having fast food for a month, I had a Wendy's burger yesterday that tasted disgusting to me. McDonald's smells horrible now too. You might be able to wean yourself off of it if you really want to in the future. I was surprised by this because I used to eat FF at least 3-4 times per week.

P.S. McDonald's oatmeal (no brown sugar) with fruit is wonderful.
  • pattyapoian
    Options
    I just can't anymore. I stopped eating there about two years ago. Movies usually do not make up my mind for me, but the movie Food Inc. did me in for good. I know, I know.... it's just I don't like thinking about how horribly my cow or chicken lived before it was slaughtered. It took about six months to not even care about it anymore, cravings, gone!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im not a big fan of McDonalds,but I do eat fast food a couple of times a week. I grew up in a fast food house. I just had a physical my heart is strong,my cholesterol is great,blood pressure good,blood sugar good,In the begining of my diet I cut out all fast food for 6 months and did not feel any diffrent than when I eat it. So for me I see no reason not to eat it the few times a week that I do
  • Havend1
    Havend1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You may think otherwise when you look at the fat grams, sodium, and saturated fat. Most people just look at calories when you should pay attention to all the content.
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Read the part of this article that describes the ingredients of nuggets. You will lose your urge...I did

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/chicken-nuggets-how-bad-are-they

i will never eat a chicken nugget again, thank you for sharing!
  • stayseeing
    stayseeing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ever since I became a vegetarian, pretty much all fast food was cut out. I still love MCD french fries though, but I rarely rarely eat them.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think at this point, the only thing I really like at McD's is their coffee. Especially when they have their free small coffee deal on!

Okay and maybe the apple pies. But I haven't had one in so long that they'd probably taste too sweet to me now. Just like how basically everything else on their menu tastes too salty to me. Yuuuuuuuuuck.
  • kathykroeger1
    Options
    I love mcdonalds. Let's be honest. If you're smart about it and don't do it a lot, your body can handle the extra fat content. Plus, the chicken nuggets are generally low calorie for the "deliciousness to protein" ratio.