When will you stop using MFP?

Options

Replies

• brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Life, after I reach my goal I will continue offering support to my buddies who haven't..............:flowerforyou:

Me too!!! Without the support of my friends (who are incredible!!) I wouldn't have the successes I've had. I'll stay here until I've reached goal and every single one of them have too. I want them to have the same successes as I have, and I'll be waving my Pom poms on the sidelines right through until they do.

Plus mfp makes me feel accountable and has taught me so much. Life without it.... Nah - I'm a convert!
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    When i learn portion control and healthy eating even when i have my bad days! I don't want to track for the rest of my life that's just too much I want to be able to do this on my own eventually!

same here!!! i want to learn it so well that it's so natural and it's all done unconciously...
  • athearenee
    Options
    Never!!!

MFP has been a Godsend...
    I need the accountability.
    I need to be kept on track.
    i need to know just how many calories I am eating/expending
    I need the support.

I have lost weight before only to gain back more...

The Short: I have made a Lifestyle Change and MFP is a part of my New Lifestyle :happy:

Blessings to All of You!

:flowerforyou:
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    forever and ev

*deactivated *
  • athearenee
    Options
    me too!
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have failed maintenance once before because I stopped logging my cals, so I am even more determined this time to keep using MFP. Hopefully after a year of maintaining, I'll be able to back it off a little, especially as we'll be TTC. Post-pregnancy I'll be back most definitely!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have been using it less and less, I think mainly because I just know how many calories are in the things I eat now. At my goal weight I will still drop in from time to time to log meals I'm not familiar and check up on my intake if I've lost track.
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    I have been mentally preparing myself for this idea for a the last few weeks. I'm on the home stretch... under 40 lbs to go. BUT the statistic on people who REGAIN significant weight lost are disgusting. 95% of people who lose significant weight regain it!

So I've been prepping for the idea of switching to maintenance once I reach my goal. I think this will actually be more important than losing the weight itself.

Aiming to become part of a 5% success rate is scary...

I try to look at it this way. People on here have an advantage because we are loosing weight the slow, healthy way. Alot of people ( some of the 95%) have lost weight through rushed fad dieting or eating to little and exercising to much. That way doesn't work because then you have not learned anything. The lifestyle changes haven't been implemented. Once the diet is over they end up binging because of the deprivation of food they have had to deal with for months.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    We've made friends here too so how can we leave. haha~
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I made it to my goal weight and took a 6 month break from tracking my calories. By that time, I could eye ball portion sizes and I knew to stop when I was full.

I'm back now because I'm tracking my calories so I can lose fat.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I lost weight several years ago with Weight Watchers and kept it off for 3+ years because I kept going.

As soon as life threw me a curveball I stopped and I regained all the weight back and another 5Kg just for good measure.

Personally, I have learned to hard way that this doesn't just "stop" when you reach your goals. Not even when you are on maintenance. Most of us will have to use some sort of tool for the rest of our lives if we want to maintain our weight loss. If that's MFP or something else I don't know, but don't think for one second you won't need something like this to keep you going.

Just sayin'.
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    For me losing weight is a life style change.. and MFP is part of that lifestyle. Even if I may not log as much or as accurately after I reach and and comfortable in maintenance I will always be on here. I love the support the ideas and everything else that comes with MFP.
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    I've been at my goal weight for 4 months and plan on keeping this up for a long time!! It keeps me in check.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    personally i dont find it a chore to keep track, ive been using mfp for over a year now and its helped to get me in shape. my phone app also makes it easy for me to log food and track exercise. i think i will be logging for a while yet
  • GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Since it's so easy to use (as mentioned by others) I think I will continue using it for awhile afterwards. I am bad with estimating calories so I think that using MFP to maintain is a good idea for me :)
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I hope to keep using MFP indefinately. I hope it will help me maintain my weight after I reach my goal.

^^^This.
  • Natelywills
    Options
    I'm definitely making MFP a part of my life for the long term. My sister lost a BUNCH of weight on this site and she looks and feels amazing. She's absolutely my inspiration and she's an MFP lifer, too. I need to take control of my relationship with food, not just lose weight. Being able to continue to track my foods and exercise has really helped me stay accountable and just because I'll be smaller, that need doesn't go away so yeah, no intentions of leaving over here!!
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    im thinking ---- forever :)
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I've read that you shouldn't count calories, because it limits you and you become obsessed with it, and it effects your life and such, but I do it, and I will continue to do it.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I've yo-yo-ed too many times to do it again. I don't see myself ever not tracking my food and activity. I've done it by hand, but MFP makes it much easier to do. Plus, my collection of recipes is here!