When will you stop using MFP?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I will use MFP every day if I can just to see where I am even after my goal. With out the help and support of MFP friends and some of my other friends I don't think I would be where I am at. an I owe it to them to help them and to help others that come along that want help and support.
  • This site has been extremely helpful. I LOVE this site and as long as it's available to use I will continue to do so. I just started using it about a week ago and am hooked! I love everything about this site!!! :)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Not sure. I'm not trying to lose weight now, but I am learning about weight lifting as well as learning portions. I've never really had to pay attention to calories. But now that I'm trying to lean down AND build a little muscle I'm really interested in following what like-minded others are doing and all the tips and things they give. Also, I'm making friends in here and it's fun to keep up with them a little. Its just something to look forward to everyday now. So, I use MFP for a few different reasons and I don't see myself losing interest in fitness and nutrition... ever. When it becomes either a distraction or unnecessary, then I'll reconsider.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have used various sites and manually tracked my calories and workouts, but one thing I have found to be true,....I have ALWAYS gained the weight back. I have sworn up, down and sideways that I would never pass XXX lbs again.....still did. So, now I believe that I will mostlikely track still. If anything, I have found groups and forums, on here, for running and training for various ''...athons" and I think I will always want to better myself and be training for my next accomplishment.
  • amiles21693
    Options
    I'll probably never stop. I have never found a site where people are so kind and encouraging to one another. It's fantastic and I love it.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love tracking my calories and burn because I'm ocd like that:)
  • GigiBee824
    GigiBee824 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    As long as I still have a fitness goal, I plan to use this site. Losing weight is only one goal of many.
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'll be using it for at least a few years, hopefully with most of that time spent maintaining a healthy weight.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I plan to use MFP to reset my weight after I reach my goal. I found out about this when in a plateau. It takes at least 2 months of maintaining your weight very closely without gaining Or losing. I repeat or losing to reset your weight. If you don't your body will try very hard to take you back to the last weight it sees as your normal weight. You guessed it the last weight you were able to maintain for 2-3 months. for some that is a long way back and explains why many regain the weight they lost. Often you hear people who have reached their goal and continue to lose a bit here and there. Fine but you need to at some point say enough is enough and reset your weight. If you haven't already it is a good idea to slow your loss at the end. Usually this happens anyway.

After I am able to maintain long enough to reset my weight I will then evaluate whether I need MFP or not. I suspect I will check in once in awhile. I feel that those who have lost and successfully keep the weight off are a great resource to others. Maintaining seems easy when you are trying hard to get the weight off but I suspect it isn't always so easy when you reach your goal. I can't wait to stop fighting my body and have it help me maintain. It is actually good at this but not if we don't take the time to reset our weight to the new weight by maintaining closely one weight for months.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Probably never. For the time it takes it is well worth it.
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    I don't think I will because I not only log my food and exercise I read the wonderfu,l inspiring and sometimes just down right funny things people write, There are no family feuds like facebook and no games to play. Just a lot of people that have the same struggles and success that I have. What a great bunch of people. So happy to have been told of this site by a co worker!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'll stop using MFP when I want to start gaining weight again.

aka never
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    When I die

No I'm not addicted at all. I can give up MFP when ever I want. Honest.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Forever! :)