Shred in Feb

Options

Replies

• gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    I'm in! I just started the DVD. I did day 1 and actually got charlie horses in my quads for 2 days so had to take a break for those 2 days. Did it again today for the second time and it seemed a tad easier so hopefully I'm broken in!

Same here.. I did it on Saturday and whole Sunday it was kinda carryin a sore body :) Did it yesterday n felt little easier and did it today...felt like I was sweating more than 2 days ....

I am IN and with Day 4 tomorrow...'

Btw.. I just wanted to ask if anyone is feeling very hungry after an hour of doing it ?? Today I felt very thirsty and gulped down 16.7oz bottle of water ,,,,bottoms up :) and then had almost another half liter slowly.... Later I felt very hungry for lunch .... wondering if its normal ..Please share if u have any similar experience.

Thanks!!
  • newma6
    newma6 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am in also! I actually just bought it today. Cannot wait to get started. My current weight is 248....we will see what happens by the end of Feb.
  • daisylovespink
    daisylovespink Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in, now to stick with it...
  • tamgrl78
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I am Tammy and I recently just started using this site! I am a Zumba instructor, just started doing that too, and I have a long way to go on my weight loss journey! I am down 26 pounds and loving every minute of it. If anyone is in the Grand Rapids, MI area and wants to get their booty shakin, let me know! I am teaching twice a week right now but will be doing 3 times a week here pretty soon! Can't wait to keep tracking my progress with everyone! :happy:
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    If you like 30 day shred, I recommend ripped in 30. I like it SOOO much better because the 3 minutes of strength have 3 exercises instead of 2. Also, there are no repeat movements from week to week. I've been doing it for a few weeks in conjunction with other Jillian Michaels DVD's and it is phenomenal!
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    I've done two days so far, and the second day, instead of using 3lb. weights throughout, I used 7lb. on the bicep curl/lunges and the chest flies. It was awesome. I'm going to pay for it tomorrow, but it's worth the price to build some fat-burning muscle more quickly.
  • irishbabe_78
    irishbabe_78 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am in. I couldn't find the 30 Day Shred so I bought the Ripped in 30. I am going to try to do it every day, but possibly not Mon and Wed because I go to a fitness class those days where we do circuit training there. I am going to take a before pic tonight and an after pic the end of Feb!
  • kokotensho77
    Options
    Im already about a week into 30DS XD
  • robinn96
    Options
    I'm in too! I received the Shred video yesterday in the mail. Started it today. Loved it and hated it, just because it did kick my butt. I know I will see a difference that I want and need.
  • poohbear1971
    Options
    Count me in!!! I just got it from Amazon instant video and excited to start tomorrow!!!
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I was just googling my local best buy to see if its in stock there...and it is! Will pick up copy and some weights tomorrow!!
  • Fit4Me2012
    Options
    I would like to join all of you...i just finished Level 1, Day 2...I have had the DVD for quite a while but never seem to make it past Level 1, Day 5 or 6. Hopefully with accountability and motivation of everyone, I will continue through this for the full 30 days and then continue past the 30 days!! Good luck everyone
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!!
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I started on Friday so I did day five today, but consider me in! I'm hoping I can get through it. I almost did a pushup today - I can feel my arms getting stronger, even if they're so sore. I have no upper body strength at all. LOL
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    If you like 30 day shred, I recommend ripped in 30. I like it SOOO much better because the 3 minutes of strength have 3 exercises instead of 2. Also, there are no repeat movements from week to week. I've been doing it for a few weeks in conjunction with other Jillian Michaels DVD's and it is phenomenal!

I might try that next - thanks! Is it harder than the shred? The next step up?
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just did day 1. Not too bad. Starting with push- ups is a bit of a killer though!

FYI, my burn was 203 calories according to my HRM (I'm 130 lbs), so I looks like using MFP's figures for circuit-training would be about right.
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 level 1 today. I've been doing the shred in the morning and then again in the evening, because i find it quite easy and need more of a challenge. I did have problems with side squats the first time, because my arms and shouders would literally BURN when i had to lift those weights up. So now i only use 1 weight and hold it with both arms and can do all the repetitions. Can't wait to see the results!
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll do it between classes today!
  • newma6
    newma6 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just did day 1. Jillian Michaels kicked my butt...lol! :cry: My whole body has the shakes, but I am so proud of myself for doing the whole 20 minutes. I had to take a few 5 second breathers, but I did the whole thing. I started today weighing 246.6, so we'll see what happens when I am done! Good luck to everyone!
  • exerbeast
    Options
    Day 1 down, 29 to go!