Any atheists/pagans/wiccans out there? :)

Options

Replies

• secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer, I believe that God gave his son so I could have everlasting life. But I believe that "religion" has ruined the image of God. I have no right to judge or condemn because I live in a glass house!
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    wow...... I am a firm believer in God and Jesus.....Jesus died on the cross for me and the forgiveness of all sins... so...I pray all of you guys who dont have what I have be able to drop to your knees and see the light..

God still loves everyone of you and there is nothing you can do about that..... there are just a few rules you got to go by..very few...only about 10 (commandments)..they are pretty easy to follow...

long story but I am a walking miracle..spared from a certain death in 2008...so ...God bless you all...

With all the respect I have for everyone here, this is the kind of statements that scare people away. There is a fine line between "I respect you whether you believe or not" and "I respect you but "whatever I believe in" loves you even when you're wrong and I'll pray you open your eyes", definitely showing the I'm right and you're not that a lot of mainstream religions have.

Until they learn respect and acceptance, but most of all understand the true meaning of Free Will, nothing is going to change and people will still run away from religion because of the fear of someone shoving their beliefs down their throats.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    God bless you 0 1 00 10 01 00

What do the numbers mean? Looks like Englands last innings against Pakistan?

Those 0s and 1s are part of a religion called Binary Code and they stand for JK :bigsmile:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    *waves*
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    What???? Are you lumping Atheists in with Wiccans and Pagans.... That's crazy!

Wiccans believe in a God and Goddess, believe the soul is eternal, reincarnation, etc.... Pagans are a lumped together group of religions that began before Christianity.

Very different from Atheists...
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I not a pagan but hand out with lots of them; I not an atheist but occasionally I bring some saints down; I ,m not wicca but satan follows me everywhere. I do believe on a creator, you can go outside and not believe on one. So that makes me a happy sinner.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    yeah... when i first saw the title of this point, i knew you'd get some people trying to convert you. this is why i just say "oh that's nice" when someone says what religion they are. that way i can just stay away from it all. they can think whatever they want. i guess i have to out myself when asked but i try to just not say anything because i fear the conversation and aftermath. good luck finding like minded people. i hope you do!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options

What do the numbers mean? Looks like Englands last innings against Pakistan?

Those 0s and 1s are part of a religion called Binary Code and they stand for JK :bigsmile:

Ah, Jacques Kallis. Fair enough, then.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    wow...... I am a firm believer in God and Jesus.....Jesus died on the cross for me and the forgiveness of all sins... so...I pray all of you guys who dont have what I have ......
    :yawn:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Get an education.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I am Agnostic and I will probably be full blown atheist in 5 years
    Saving up for the test? You know you have to re-certify every 5 years. LOL
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Get an education.

Ah, that was a misquote of your user name! So sorry.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My Mother is a non-practicing Catholic from a semi-strict Catholic family. Every last one of them has divorced at least once!

My Dad was raised Church of England by a half Jewess mother.

I was never christened under any faith. Dad brought me up to explore all religions before making my own mind up at whatever age I chose to.

For a few years I followed Wicca as a Solitary. To be honest, the main reason that I don't practice any more is because I just don't have the time. Husband, seven kids, house to run, etc. I still have leanings towards Wicca and probably always will.

What really ticks me off though are faux Wiccans who say they're white witches or black witches or they pray to Satan. BAH! :explode:

*EDIT* That being said, I fully believe in freedom of religion. I will happily listen/read about other religions, I just don't want it shoved down my throat. I have friends of different religions. I don't bash what they believe in, yet they're very quick to belittle my beliefs. Hmmmm :noway:
  • SKINNYMESOON2B
    SKINNYMESOON2B Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised In the Catholic religion. I was baptized and made all my sacraments. I have since then found a new way of life. I follow The Norse Paganism ways, Asatru. Some call it Heathens. It is the religion of my Ancestors and was practiced long before Christianity. I belong to a Kindred. I do not feel there is anything wrong with any of that. However i respect everyone and I do not look differently on anyone because they have a different religion then I do.
  • Enchantedpoetess
    Options
    Pagan / heathan here :bigsmile:
  • abetterliv
    abetterliv Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Full-fleged buddhist here! I was agnostic/atheist most of my life, always either searching for "something" but nothing ever really coincided with beliefs i was firm in. When I was 14 i was introduced to nichiren buddhism because one of my friends was one, and i've been one ever since :) i am very bad at explaining it, but basically i follow the lotus sutra above the other sutras, and then the writings of nichiren daishonin, a 13th century japanese monk. There's a lot that goes into it, so if you want to google to get more info feel free!

So far i have not experienced discrimination from anybody, but i live in an extremely liberal area so its acceptable to be anything really. My parents are ok with it in theory, but my dad still constantly asks me to come to church with him -_-
  • SixPackIsMyGoal
    SixPackIsMyGoal Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was baptized and raised Lutheran but I have been an Atheist most of my adult life.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Full-fleged buddhist here! I was agnostic/atheist most of my life, always either searching for "something" but nothing ever really coincided with beliefs i was firm in. When I was 14 i was introduced to nichiren buddhism because one of my friends was one, and i've been one ever since :) i am very bad at explaining it, but basically i follow the lotus sutra above the other sutras, and then the writings of nichiren daishonin, a 13th century japanese monk. There's a lot that goes into it, so if you want to google to get more info feel free!

So far i have not experienced discrimination from anybody, but i live in an extremely liberal area so its acceptable to be anything really. My parents are ok with it in theory, but my dad still constantly asks me to come to church with him -_-

Of all the people I have met thus far in my 37yrs, I have found the Buddhist people to be among the most tolerant and understanding, both of individuals and their various religions.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Of all the people I have met thus far in my 37yrs, I have found the Buddhist people to be among the most tolerant and understanding, both of individuals and their various religions.

Same here.
This discussion has been closed.