Any atheists/pagans/wiccans out there? :)

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
Just wondering. Since this is allowed now, I thought I'd ask how many people out there are like me. I don't believe in any one "God" and certainly don't subscribe to any code written in a book. Not to say any members of any particular group are silly, just my personal beliefs.

MODERATOR COMMENT As users are hitting report without knowing the rules see my post further down the thread (page 6) that starts....

Dear Posters,

Please note that certain topics that were formerly off-limits in the public forums are now permitted to remain on the boards, though we strongly recommend utilizing the new Group feature if you are concerned about unwanted commentary on your topic. The moderators will do our best to enforce civil conversation in this thread, and we expect all participants in this thread to abide by the guidelines which you can review in their entirety here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Please DO NOT report a post that is advertising a group, or that is proceeding politely and without incident.
[/quote]

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Agnostic here, though I lean far more to the "atheist" point of view than the "theist."

I have no problem with any other faith though. It's just not for me.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Not religious.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Agnostic here, though I lean far more to the "atheist" point of view than the "theist."

I disagree with a lot of principles of other faiths, but don't have a problem with any of their members, or whatever they are called O.o I just can't stand the people who think that because I'm not Christian (which will probably die out in next hundred years anyway) that I'm some Heathen.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    aganostic here
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Don't exclude us Pastafarians! :D
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i believe in a god, but not specific religions
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Shreddologist here!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Don't exclude us Rastafarians! :D
    rastafarian.jpg
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    not religious .. & i dont believe in a holy power . dont know what i am.
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Agnostic, although I lean more towards a combination of Christianity and Wiccan combined (sounds weird, I know). I also believe in science, and the evolution theory as well.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I would also add that I have a thing for religious history especially during the Roman and Ottoman eras so I know a lot about many faiths, though I prescribe to none.

Each faith has its own very interesting history, literature, and art.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    1996 pretty good view that...

You know in your heart which actions are good and which are bad...

I wasn't religious but i have achieved so much yet still feel empty... i have things most people would take 25 years to achieve... yet still felt empty ... that void was filled for me...

I can't speak for others though
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    What about seekers?
    I am nothing, yet I enjoy studying all of the above.

I have gleaned much from trying to keep an open mind when it comes to religions as a student.
    I have found good and bad in differing paths to the Divine.
    And I run from any form of spiritual dogmatism -
    :smokin: fanaticism is the brother of doubt.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Don't exclude us Rastafarians! :D
    rastafarian.jpg

pastafarian85x115.jpg
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Long time atheist who was raised southern Baptist.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in god, but I consider myself agnostic, since I can't exactly disprove god either (it's a matter of faith, and I lack that faith). As far as religious people go--I figure people can do/believe in whatever gets them through the day, as long as they're not hurting or imposing on anyone else.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

I classify myself as an agnostic theist :)
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    FSM
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I rather like being called a heathen. It sounds dirty! :laugh:
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm pagan, Celtic Reconstructionist, formerly Christian. I am cool with whatever people believe - just don't try to convert me. But I do hate hypocrites...if you claim a religion, at least try to follow it.
This discussion has been closed.