Worst negative comment about your weight?

Options

Replies

• BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Doesn't she know how to suck it in.

Youd be hot if you lost fifteen pounds.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I was always slim my life. I had been away from home for and although I saw my immediate family, I did not see my extended family. My Dad passed away and I went home for his funeral.
    The first thing everyone said to me in the Funeral Parlor was "Oh My God, You go so FAT!!" "Oh yea, I am sorry about your Dad."

To me, that was the worse.

Marcy
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    The worst was in Las Vegas when I had not been legal long. I was in my early 20s and having a girls trip. I was at the Hard Rock Hotel, which if you go there is a lot of cut, fake looking Ken and Barbie types. I go on the balcony to smoke, and these young, dumb studs come out to the balcony next to me and start asking me if I went to the buffet. One started laughing so I figured he was being mean and not making conversation. My friend came out and then he was like "there's another one, Did you guys just go to the buffet?"on and on about buffets. (We were chubby, but not super fat). He then says he's going to get his friend who was a "chubby chaser".

I hate that hotel to this day. We totally felt insecure going out that night.
  • Koketa0510
    Options
    From ALL of my aunts..

"You're cute BUT if you lost weight you would be pretty..."

gee thanks.
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The worst was in Las Vegas when I had not been legal long. I was in my early 20s and having a girls trip. I was at the Hard Rock Hotel, which if you go there is a lot of cut, fake looking Ken and Barbie types. I go on the balcony to smoke, and these young, dumb studs come out to the balcony next to me and start asking me if I went to the buffet. One started laughing so I figured he was being mean and not making conversation. My friend came out and then he was like "there's another one, Did you guys just go to the buffet?"on and on about buffets. (We were chubby, but not super fat). He then says he's going to get his friend who was a "chubby chaser".

I hate that hotel to this day. We totally felt insecure going out that night.

I don't think I'll ever be comfortable around size twos even if one day I am one, I doubt that but if I were I still wouldn't be.
  • marthatrix
    Options
    Besides thats your problem not his...how rude!
  • tawnyaj2000
    Options
    I sent my parents what I thought was a beautiful portrait of my husband and I. Very excited about them getting I asked mom how did you like the picture, she said its nice but you really could lose some weight, it just makes the picture look bad. My heart fell to my feet.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My father comes from a thin family and my mother was always the thin one in her family, but I've been hearing variations of "you need to lose weight" since I was as young as ten or twelve. My father always had the worst things to say, and I'm so glad I don't remember them verbatim, but I've let him know how much he hurt me growing up. Now it seems he's become more aware of his words and he'll even apologize for comments that weren't meant to be rude but could have been taken that way, and it'll be things I didn't even notice. I guess I appreciate that extra effort. My mother's comments were always more along the lines of warning me that if I didn't stop it would be much harder later, which may have been well intentioned but sometimes I wonder why she let things go on the way they did.

I had a child come up to me and ask me if there was a baby in my tummy - little kids are pretty honest though. That helped kick my butt in gear

I've heard the pregnant thing once or twice- strangely it was most recently asked by a first grader. I work at a school and most of the students know me so they know that isn't the case, but a child I am not familiar with said, "Are you having a baby too, miss?" And I was confused- initially hurt, but this was after I'd lost some weight, so while I didn't think it was visible, I did find the timing of his question odd. But (and maybe this is me trying to make excuses), we do have one pregnant teacher and another who just came back from maternity leave, so maybe it was just on his mind? I have no idea but it got me down.
  • sarahh992
    Options
    my sister, telling me i would break the scales if i kept eating the way i do, not cool.
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My dear old great aunt once told me that I was 'big but you really suit it dear'. Oh god I was about 18 at the time and probably about 10 kgs overweight. My uncle recently told my mother that 'it's a shame she's big because she's such a lovely person and very pretty'. I think it just toughens my resolve to fix this once and for all and prove I can do it. Use those nasty comments as fuel to get you fired up when you're working out!!
  • christylynnrn
    christylynnrn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My father used to tell me that if I didn't lose some weight I would never be able to find a guy who would want to be with me or marry me and things of that nature. Thanks Dad :/

He's better now but this was really hard to hear from a man who never weighed under maybe 250 until just recently (and now thinks he's the expert on weight loss). I've always had good self esteem and never really cared what anyone thought, but it's a little different coming from your own father. Oh well just adds fuel to the fire when I think about him saying those things
  • mari0605
    mari0605 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It so sad to read when it's the parents that are making these horrible remarks especially moms...my mom still makes negative remarks about me and I promised myself that I would not do the same to my daughter. I will be a positive roll model for her.

Most recent remark was a couple of weeks ago at work this lady asked me when I was due, I came home told my husband and cried. After letting it all out I put my big girl panties back on and began my workout routine. I'll show her :)

Stay positive
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I went to the beach recently (a big step for me), was having a lovely day, beach was pretty secluded, went for a swim and then decided to dry off by laying in the sun and reading my book. A guy walking past said to his friend "let's go down the other end, get away from the beached whale". He then looked straight at me and smirked. I was pretty pleased with my come back though "I'd insult you back mate, but I can see nature has already done it for me." Hehehe - I've always wanted to use that line!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I met up with someone I had not seen in 11 years, and she said, "You know, I never pictured you this size. You were always so skinny."

That hurt.

I know she didn't mean it to be cruel, but it was really upsetting.
  • lpatterson327
    Options
    ive got quite a few too
    -you've got such a cute face...blah blah blah ugh we know how that one goes

-(feeling ok in a halter top for once) "you look like a fat cow"-mom, when i was 16

-"you've got to lose some weight or you're going to die"-dad (after he lost 180 lbs from wls and still hasn't changed a d**m thing about what he eats and lives a mile from home but bought a new truck to drive there and stiiillllll doesn't exercise a f****n bit, also im 5'6 and 201...clearly not going to die, hefty i admit but thats why im here :smile: )

have to quote myself lol, forgot to add my dads nickname for me was moose growing up, so lovely to hear when you are a 14 year old girl
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ive got quite a few too
    -you've got such a cute face...blah blah blah ugh we know how that one goes

-(feeling ok in a halter top for once) "you look like a fat cow"-mom, when i was 16

-"you've got to lose some weight or you're going to die"-dad (after he lost 180 lbs from wls and still hasn't changed a d**m thing about what he eats and lives a mile from home but bought a new truck to drive there and stiiillllll doesn't exercise a f****n bit, also im 5'6 and 201...clearly not going to die, hefty i admit but thats why im here :smile: )

have to quote myself lol, forgot to add my dads nickname for me was moose growing up, so lovely to hear when you are a 14 year old girl

As a child my father used to call me 2x2 - two foot high and two foot wide. For awhile there I thought that was my name!
  • Noorkitty
    Options
    When I was around 12-13 the boys in the neighbourhood would yell "fatty fatty". More recently "congratulations" I said "thank you". They saw me a few weeks later in the lift and were dying of embarassment themselves, they realised I wasnt pregnant. hehe
  • jhunt90
    jhunt90 Posts: 78
    Options
    My boyfriend's 'friend' told him I wasn't pretty or skinny enough to be his girlfriend...Nice! And he wonders why I can't stand him...
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    You're a good looking girl but if you lost weight you'd be beautiful.... Thanks (mother)

You're too fat for sex (ex boyfriend trying to "motivate" me to lose weight)

You're skin on your face is stretching so your pores look huge!! (mother again)
    Yeah, my mom started saying **** like that to me when I was 8... messed up thing was that I didn't become overweight until like 3 years later. Her excuse was that she was a fat kid and wanted to motivate me to not get that way. That sure worked.
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    When I was little and chubby I was called Shamoo a lot.
    That sucked... but things just got worse from there.
    I've had grown men moo at me in Walmart.
    My dad one time sat me down and asked me if I was a lesbian because I wasn't dating anyone, and then said he was just worried because I was too fat.
    I was looking in the mirror at my grandma's house and she walked in and said "Don't worry, you're still fat!" (She has NO room to talk, she's fat and her cooking is a big part of the reason of why I became fat)