Curves vs. Skinny

Options

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Do you happen to have a picture of what you are aiming for, or what you find "sexy"?
    Some of these kind of posts confuse me xD When I think curvy and voluptuous, I think overweight honestly

Yeah, I sort of think the same thing, I guess its a thought process then, what curvy is to one person is different to another. I like petite, thats a good adjective, but not as in short, haha I'm more on the tall side, but still somehow being petite as tall as I am, that'd be oool, and I guess thats what I attribute to being petite, thin arms and spaced legs, I'm really self concious of my arms, if there is one thing I could change the most it'd be my arms, I work on them the most at the gym, getting some real good muscle C:

Ah im about 5ft2 maybe 5ft3 on a good day xD Im ont he short side :P
    Man the only thing I am loving is my arms! Its my thighs that bother me xD
    Just keep working at it :D The way to get tone arms is small calorie deficit, too big and you risk losing muscle D:!

Feel free to add me if you'd like :D If you have any questions I can help ya ^-^
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You can be small and still have curves. Strength training is what gives you a little of both. :)
  • SeptemberHalloween
    Options
    Oh trust me I struggled with that for a VERY long time! In fact my nickname is Heepo xD

There is just a point you reach i think, where you are starting to feel confident, not completely happy, but feeling good. Then you start to have little treats and still feel great! Took me months of work, but I finally am at that point. I found a few inspirational athletic pictures, train hard, eat healthy most of the time and it really will help :D

After about a month of very good eating, I start to have a treat every couple of days that fits into my macros and no more guilt :D

Aww, Heepo, thats a cute pet name cx

I try to leave my induldging to homemade desserts or when we go to the movies, butterless popcorn, I honestly sometimes eat a whole bag, but its soooo gooood and the no-butter cuts out a lot of the fat, so I just call it a carb day and go with it c: I love peanutbutter too, thats what helped me gain back a lot of my weight when I got sick from the first run around, when I eat it now I take it for the B vitamins instead of thinking oh wow all this gooey fat thats gonna sit on me later, cus B vitamins are pretty good for you c:

There is a picture on my profile of a heepo, that my boyfriend blew up and put on my wall xD we joke a lot :D

I'm actually working on my nutrition degree and good for you for getting those b vitamins!
    What do you have your protein/carb/fat goal set to? That will really help with body composition :D
    All about being healthy! Eating enough will prevent "skinny fat" and if you eat right, you can have other wonderful beauty side effects like glowing skin, strong nails, healthy long hair. What I have been working on now :D Just think ultimate goal is to be healthy as possible! To prevent chronic disease, defects, and improve well being, fitness, and beauty :D

Oh dude, I'm going for a degree in Nutrition too, this is only my second semester in college though, derp, I'm just a kid xc I always feel so little :c My mom and dad always have made home cooked meals, and explained the importance of proper diet and that calories are not BAD, its like, you could get 200 calories from a Hershey bar OR you could get 200 calories from some yogurt and granola, maybe a slice of fruit, thats not bad now see, no need to fear 200 calories, so on and so forth, they've always been supportive and created a healthy environment for us, whole grain breads, fresh fruits and veggies, teaching us to put bran and germ back into foods we make like waffles or pizza dough, how to read nutirtion labels properly, super thankful for their upbringing. I don't eat fastfood but I love to eat out like Red Robins or any hamburger joint!

I dont' really have a set goal for protein/carb, I eat a lot of protein like egg whites and beans and tons of yogurt. Carbs, I'm bad sometimes and I know I don't eat as many as I should, I'm working on it though. I've been down with the stomach flu this past week so my eating has been all breads and rice, haha, but when I'm well again, I'm going to try and be better with them daily.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    You will be sexier in whatever you feel most confident in. There are people that love a skinny body and there are people that love a curvy body...but what is the sexiest is the confidence.

Plus, you sound like you are in great shape right now. 5'8 and 138lbs? That is a great size! :)
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    My daughter is five eight also and she is 130. She looks incredible in a bikini. I don't think you need to be below that. But five pounds below wouldn't hurt, but any more than that would be too skinny in my opinion.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    According to weight charts you shouldn't go under 125!
    So stop obsessing with what you may see in the media, its ridiculous!
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Curves or skinny? Neither. I'm 43 and have never had curves. Some say I'm skinny. I don't think so. I'm short at 5' 1 1/2", and 113 right now. So I'm smaller than most people I know. But I'm neither curvey or skinny........I've got an athletic body.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I prefer the slender end of healthy, but for you that IS 135. 100 is just plain old underweight, which isn't a good look on most people. Healthy is attractive.
  • SeptemberHalloween
    Options
    Sometimes I think its a self-confidence issue, I'm not in a relationship and I don't have an active social life in the state I live in so I think that if I'm skinner/curvier, one over the other is going to somehow help me obtain friends and a relationship where I have to live now, I know its ridiculous and its more of getting out there, and I do! I go to see live bands on the regular and I go to work, I still just sort of have that thought process, and I'm constantly checking out ladies figures in movies, how tall they are to how lean they are, are the curvier or thinner and what roles are they playing, do they have a thigh gap, is that what I look like when people see me, sometimes its hard realizing THIS is what I look like, I didnt' see myself losing too much weight when I did the first time last year, I just saw me in the mirror not me unhealthy skinny, its hard to do that sometimes
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I would love to think that I'm curvy. I'm not. I'm just plain fat. So yeah, I'd be thrilled with curvy. Fit and curvy.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have dropped from 155 to 120 lbs in the last year (I am only 5'5"), and I am getting hit on less now than I was a year ago. A lot less. I think if anything people talk to you more if you are a bit bigger, it's more approachable.
  • SeptemberHalloween
    Options
    I would love to think that I'm curvy. I'm not. I'm just plain fat. So yeah, I'd be thrilled with curvy. Fit and curvy.
    54 pounds down is a major accoplishment! Fit and curvy, I liike that, thats something to aspire for, I'll remember that c: It puts a positive air around that word, curvy, since to me curvy=a little muffin top of the jeans and full in the upper arms, fit and curvy makes me think some of those nice Victoria's Secret model type bodies
  • __Stacy__
    __Stacy__ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I personally think curvy is a healthier look especially with a height at 5'8" 135# should be a very beautiful look. I have a bit too many curves lol so I have a longgg journey ahead of me.
  • Foofyknickers
    Foofyknickers Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, and I've been 100lbs. That was when I used to get people shouting at me 'EAT.' It didn't look good. I looked gaunt and drawn. I put on a bit of weight, and got me some boobs and hips, and if it hadn't been for the fact that my hair was AWFUL, I would've been hot. :laugh: That was when I was 17-20. Now, I've filled out rather alot, and would like to go back to being thin. Now, by being thin, I mean still having my boobs and hips. I want those curves...but not for my tummy to curve out the way!
    For me, being skinny is fine, if that's how you are naturally. If you have to starve yourself into osteoporosis (sp?) to achieve it, then it isn't right for you. But most women look better with some curves.
    To me, people like Victoria Beckham are not attractive. I firmly believe that as a grown woman, you should not have the body of a 12 year old boy. If you are naturally skinny, or an athlete, fair enough. Other than that, curves all the way! :smile:
  • Crystler
    Options
    I remember being very skinny during my teens. I was 49 kilos at 16, I was 60 when I was 16, but when I started writing stories non stop I lost alot of weight. I weighed so thin. I was almost so thin that I wasn't allowed to ride on a ferrisweel. Strange that I had to tell them I was exactly the weight of 49 kilos. I was thin, but didn't take care of my body, now I'm 83 kilos and tall over weight for my length, 172 cm tall in the morning. :) Take care of yourself and love your body.
  • Buggie129
    Buggie129 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I will have to go with (firm curves) here! I have lost 39 lbs since last April and i have gone from a size 18 to a 12-14 at 175.7 lbs! My goal is another 20 pounds but if I get into a size 10 I will switch to maintainance! I am 5' 6" and an exercise fanatic. I want to be strong and healthy!
  • SeptemberHalloween
    Options
    I'm 5'8, and I've been 100lbs. That was when I used to get people shouting at me 'EAT.' It didn't look good. I looked gaunt and drawn. I put on a bit of weight, and got me some boobs and hips, and if it hadn't been for the fact that my hair was AWFUL, I would've been hot. :laugh: That was when I was 17-20. Now, I've filled out rather alot, and would like to go back to being thin. Now, by being thin, I mean still having my boobs and hips. I want those curves...but not for my tummy to curve out the way!
    For me, being skinny is fine, if that's how you are naturally. If you have to starve yourself into osteoporosis (sp?) to achieve it, then it isn't right for you. But most women look better with some curves.
    To me, people like Victoria Beckham are not attractive. I firmly believe that as a grown woman, you should not have the body of a 12 year old boy. If you are naturally skinny, or an athlete, fair enough. Other than that, curves all the way! :smile:

The community I used to be a part of DID say that having the body of a 12 year old boy was what was DESIREABLE and that really threw me for a loop but I said "okay!" and did my best to obtain that look, because what I was believing was that if I had a small, thin, bony frame all angles and juts, I'd be doing what "everyone else" desired, and I WOULD have it and THEY would look up to me and yeah, it was reallllly unhealthy and being here is so much better! I love it here way better, it all actually makes sense, haha! All the support here is great and people care and look out for you, its so great, this place is a gift.
  • davecreed
    davecreed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    CURVES!!!

big booty, big hips, big shapely muscular legs and calves big bust, wide shoulders all make the waist look narrower....HOUR GLASS! sexy! love curves. I have the sexiest girl friend in the world...and I hope this site doesn't ruin her beautiful genetics lol...but i want her to be happy...but ill def. step in if i see her self image interfering with her sexy body....every one can use some improvement on their body...but theirs a point where it becomes insane and just something mental lol
  • Hyperspace
    Options
    There's a difference between "skinny" and "lean". IMO Lean means not having a lot of body fat, but having some decent muscle development, which will give you a nice hourglass figure if you work your abs, upper body, and glutes (:smile: ).

"Skinny" means having no fat and no muscle. Skinny is not attractive because it looks (and can be) unhealthy. Curves made purely by excess fat aren't all that sexy either, if the person isn't active and healthy.

Lean,on the other hand, is the sexiest look ( imo)- for both men and women.
  • SeptemberHalloween
    Options
    There's a difference between "skinny" and "lean". IMO Lean means not having a lot of body fat, but having some decent muscle development, which will give you a nice hourglass figure if you work your abs, upper body, and glutes (:smile: ).

"Skinny" means having no fat and no muscle. Skinny is not attractive because it looks (and can be) unhealthy. Curves made purely by excess fat aren't all that sexy either, if the person isn't active and healthy.

Lean,on the other hand, is the sexiest look ( imo)- for both men and women.

I totally get what you're saying c: Muscle development would be niiice, tone out some areas. I'm pretty happy that being a lady, don't have to worry about looking like the Rock when I work out muscles, I don't wanna have a body builder body! haha cx