You know you're a fitness nut when...

Options

Replies

• colliertoys
    Options
    I know own 2 expensive GPSr (for Geocaching), because the second was much better than the first. We spend every weekend hiking in the mountains with the baby in the backpack.

I just purchased 23 more session with my personal trainer (man am I sore) and I'm looking forward to the pain she will inflict on me. Cause it will all be worth it in the end.
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    OK so after almost 2 years in my new lifestyle, I've finally come to the realization that I am a fitness nut. And not only me, but the wife as well.

this is how I knew I was a fitness nut:
    My wife's birthday is sunday. After thinking about things to give her. I kept coming back to a heavy bag in the basement (it's our workout area). Not only did I bypass jewlery and dinner out...etc, I was as excited as she will be cuz I never had my own heavy bag before (I asked her if she would like that, she was like "HELL YEAH I would like it!").
    Not very romantic, I know, but we've been married long enough now that I want to get her stuff she will use and enjoy, rather then stuff that just looks pretty.

So, what was your "OMG, I'm a fitness nut!" moment.

I told my hubby i wanted a treadmill for :heart: day and thats what i got although his frinds thought he was crazy :tongue: but i thought it was great
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I don't consider myself a fitness nut, but I am starting to enjoy this new lifestyle.

My husband is in Iraq and had issues with ordering me a presnet for Valentine's Day. I told him it was ok and all I really wanted was a heart rate monitor. So that's what I bought! I love it.

I also have been hitting the gym Monday through Friday once the kiddos go to school. I sub in the school sometimes. I worked on Wednesday and all I kept thinking was that I would so rather be at the gym.

I've had several ah-ha moments when junkie foods don't even taste good anymore or worse yet, make me feel physically ill. I rarely eat crap because it's not worth it.

what branch of the service is your husband in? Hows the deployment treatin you? Have you guys been thru this before?

Hubby is AF, deployments stink no matter what (but we're hanging in there), I'm ready for it to be OVER and yes, 3rd one in 3 years. I have lost 40 pounds since he left so I'm dying for him to come home and see the new me!

I hear ya. My first deployment was 15 months long in Iraq. Then I met my girlfriend and immediately left for my second in Pakistan/Afghanistan for a whole year. We kept it together and got married upon my return. It was worth the wait! We just had our two year anniversary a couple weeks ago.
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Valentines Day Gift~ I asked for a Polar F7 HRM :smile:
    Birthday Gift~ I asked for NIke Shox Dance shoes.
    My Birthday~ All I wanted to do was go to the gym & my belly dance class!!!
    We go out of town to visit family & I make my husband go take an early morning run with me. :happy:
    I own more work out clothes/shoes than casual/work clothes! lol
  • ma9321
    Options
    I don't consider myself a fitness nut, but I am starting to enjoy this new lifestyle.

My husband is in Iraq and had issues with ordering me a presnet for Valentine's Day. I told him it was ok and all I really wanted was a heart rate monitor. So that's what I bought! I love it.

I also have been hitting the gym Monday through Friday once the kiddos go to school. I sub in the school sometimes. I worked on Wednesday and all I kept thinking was that I would so rather be at the gym.

I've had several ah-ha moments when junkie foods don't even taste good anymore or worse yet, make me feel physically ill. I rarely eat crap because it's not worth it.

what branch of the service is your husband in? Hows the deployment treatin you? Have you guys been thru this before?

Hubby is AF, deployments stink no matter what (but we're hanging in there), I'm ready for it to be OVER and yes, 3rd one in 3 years. I have lost 40 pounds since he left so I'm dying for him to come home and see the new me!

You look great!!! Your hubby won't be able to keep his hands off of you!!! :wink:
  • xsargex
    Options

You look great!!! Your hubby won't be able to keep his hands off of you!!! :wink:

yeah for real...must be an Air Force SP.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    We go out of town to visit family & I make my husband go take an early morning run with me. :happy:

Nike Shox Dance shoes??? Tell me more about that!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    My fitness nut moments are:

- gift lists full of nothing but fitness-related items
    - watching for sales on fitness outfits, rather than cute shoes and "going out" clothes
    - getting overly excited about new, healthy recipes instead of the new icecream shop going on down the street!!!!
  • ma9321
    Options

Nike Shox Dance shoes??? Tell me more about that!!! :flowerforyou:

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?sitesrc=USLP&country=US&lang_locale=en_US#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-192953/pgid-192951

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?sitesrc=USLP&country=US&lang_locale=en_US#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-193012/pgid-193014

I have both of these.
    I love the shox when we do latin based dances like salsa, merengue, mambo, reggaeton.. etc.
    I love the Nike Musique IV when I do belly dancing.
    They're both awesome!
  • ma9321
    Options
    My fitness nut moments are:

- gift lists full of nothing but fitness-related items
    - watching for sales on fitness outfits, rather than cute shoes and "going out" clothes
    - getting overly excited about new, healthy recipes instead of the new icecream shop going on down the street!!!!

LOL.... I'm always watching for sales as well!!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options

Hubby is EOD. He plays with explosives.....
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Today when I got to the 2nd floor where my appointment was, and continued walking up the stairs until it hit the top.

Then when I left I did the same thing (and remembered on my first visit in August I was breathing heavy on floor 3.............this time I sprinted all the way to the top!!)
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Ok. I am officially a fitness nut. I am looking forward to a relaxing bath and some wine and an early night in bed. That way, I will feel refreshed tomorrow so I can do 1 hour of spinning followed by a 1 hour group strength class (weight-lifting). I am actually very excited for my day tomorrow, and that makes me an official fitness nut. :smile:
  • xsargex
    Options

Hubby is EOD. He plays with explosives.....

I always wondered what kinda skills and level of aptitude one had to possess to fall into this line of work.

"Well sir, I grew up as a pyro-maniac, upgrading store bought fireworks, and dismantling my toys and yet finding some way of not actually putting them back together correctly. Also I'm the Jinga and card-stacking champion in my hometown."

"Son, you belong in EOD."
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda bummed that tomorrow is my scheduled light day (stretching only) ... it's my first one since I started exercising about a month ago. Do I qualify?
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    One thing I miss the most about our last duty station(Hawaii) isn't the beaches, but the free gym...
    I own waaay more workout clothes than everyday clothing...
    I keep my vehicle out of the garage so I can work out-and I live in ALASKA...
    When told I could get whatever I wanted from V.S., I opted for the sports bras because I'm doing Plyometrics(jump training) with P90X...
    I hate buying expensive shoes, but I dropped over 200 dollars on 2 pairs of sneakers...

This has gotta be the most expensive hobby on the face of the planet-I need a cheaper addiction!:wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    When I actually looked forward to going to the gym and couldn't wait to get those endorphins pumping through my body! And I actually can't stand it when I can't go like I normally do.

And when my resting heart rate got into a super healthy (even athletic) level.

And even pregnant, I am still active and fit.

And the fact that I am actually considering looking into getting certified as a trainer and also looking into nutrition as well. :tongue:

WOW, has life changed!! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    When I actually looked forward to going to the gym and couldn't wait to get those endorphins pumping through my body! And I actually can't stand it when I can't go like I normally do.

And the fact that I am actually considering looking into getting certified as a trainer and also looking into nutrition as well. :tongue:

Tami how about
    " When I find out I am pregnant and the 1st question I have is...Can I still work out? and the 2nd is How many calories should I be eating??
    uh, not that YOU did that:huh: :wink:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Tami how about
    " When I find out I am pregnant and the 1st question I have is...Can I still work out? and the 2nd is How many calories should I be eating??
    :blushing: :blushing: Touche!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Tami how about
    :blushing: :blushing: Touche!!!!!!! :laugh:

I love you sweety!:heart: