You know you're a fitness nut when...

Options

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    When I actually looked forward to going to the gym and couldn't wait to get those endorphins pumping through my body! And I actually can't stand it when I can't go like I normally do.

And when my resting heart rate got into a super healthy (even athletic) level.

And even pregnant, I am still active and fit.

And the fact that I am actually considering looking into getting certified as a trainer and also looking into nutrition as well. :tongue:

WOW, has life changed!! :laugh:

Tami how about
    " When I find out I am pregnant and the 1st question I have is...Can I still work out? and the 2nd is How many calories should I be eating??
    uh, not that YOU did that:huh: :wink:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :blushing: :blushing: Touche!!!!!!! :laugh:

I love you sweety!:heart:
    Love you too girl!!! :heart:

That was a trippy week though. I hit my goal weight AND found out I was pregnant the same week! What are the odds of that?? :laugh:

I was sitting there....:huh: OK what do I do?????? I had been on major LOSS and kick butt mode at the gym for 16 months and not only had to suddenly maintain but had to keep in mind I was pregnant too!!

I'm doing aiight though!! :wink:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    LOL I always ask for fitness stuff for any occasion.
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    How about when you download music to your ipod so that it is only a good song to workout to!:laugh:
    I love all my songs, but they have to be songs that pump me up!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    How about when you download music to your ipod so that it is only a good song to workout to!:laugh:
    I love all my songs, but they have to be songs that pump me up!

Good one! I deleted everything off my ipod that wasn't workout worthy!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    You mean you can use your ipod for something other than a workout??:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    When I actually looked forward to going to the gym and couldn't wait to get those endorphins pumping through my body! And I actually can't stand it when I can't go like I normally do.

And when my resting heart rate got into a super healthy (even athletic) level.

And even pregnant, I am still active and fit.

And the fact that I am actually considering looking into getting certified as a trainer and also looking into nutrition as well. :tongue:

WOW, has life changed!! :laugh:

Tami how about
    " When I find out I am pregnant and the 1st question I have is...Can I still work out? and the 2nd is How many calories should I be eating??
    uh, not that YOU did that:huh: :wink:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :blushing: :blushing: Touche!!!!!!! :laugh:

I love you sweety!:heart:
    Love you too girl!!! :heart:

That was a trippy week though. I hit my goal weight AND found out I was pregnant the same week! What are the odds of that?? :laugh:

I was sitting there....:huh: OK what do I do?????? I had been on major LOSS and kick butt mode at the gym for 16 months and not only had to suddenly maintain but had to keep in mind I was pregnant too!!

I'm doing aiight though!! :wink:
    Your doing better than alright! You are smoking that preggo look! I still find it hard to believe you hit goal the week you found out your were pregnant. hmmmmm seems like something books are made of!:flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself a fitness nut, but I am starting to enjoy this new lifestyle.

My husband is in Iraq and had issues with ordering me a presnet for Valentine's Day. I told him it was ok and all I really wanted was a heart rate monitor. So that's what I bought! I love it.

I also have been hitting the gym Monday through Friday once the kiddos go to school. I sub in the school sometimes. I worked on Wednesday and all I kept thinking was that I would so rather be at the gym.

I've had several ah-ha moments when junkie foods don't even taste good anymore or worse yet, make me feel physically ill. I rarely eat crap because it's not worth it.

what branch of the service is your husband in? Hows the deployment treatin you? Have you guys been thru this before?

Hubby is AF, deployments stink no matter what (but we're hanging in there), I'm ready for it to be OVER and yes, 3rd one in 3 years. I have lost 40 pounds since he left so I'm dying for him to come home and see the new me!

Thats awesome when my guy came back last year (gone 15 months) I had dropped alot of weight and was so excited for him to see me in person rather than a webcam- I even kicked it up a notch and went blonde- he loved it-
    I always lose weight when he is gone the prob with me is maintaining when he comes home I actually gained 9lbs and was like :noway: oh hell no- and I had to get back on track I refuse to gain it back--

So good job to you for your weightloss-

I also agree that the crap food is starting to lose that good taste it used to have so its not worth it- I even decided to have cookies which were good but not all that and the next day woke up with a massive headache from hell I laid in the bed that morning and said ohhhh those were so not worth it and my husband just laughed lol
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    When considering going into training to consider doing a fitness figure contest- Which is hell of grueling-

And also asking for weight training gloves in pink to match my gym shoes lol--
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Just a wee bit off topic, but I gotta tell ya...

I LOVE the Red Sox Nation signature- I'm a HUGE Red Sox fan, too!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Just a wee bit off topic, but I gotta tell ya...

I LOVE the Red Sox Nation signature- I'm a HUGE Red Sox fan, too!

Why thank you! I put a decent effort into creating that. Took me almost an hour to get it right. :flowerforyou:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    When you get outside, see it raining and still continue to run

When you take an hour to cut up mango, strawberries, lettuce, red peppers and cantaloupe so that your week will have fruits/veggies in it.

When you are excited about running with gel cushion insoles

When you look at food and think of the calorie count not how good it will taste!
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself a fitness nut, but I am starting to enjoy this new lifestyle.

My husband is in Iraq and had issues with ordering me a presnet for Valentine's Day. I told him it was ok and all I really wanted was a heart rate monitor. So that's what I bought! I love it.

I also have been hitting the gym Monday through Friday once the kiddos go to school. I sub in the school sometimes. I worked on Wednesday and all I kept thinking was that I would so rather be at the gym.

I've had several ah-ha moments when junkie foods don't even taste good anymore or worse yet, make me feel physically ill. I rarely eat crap because it's not worth it.

what branch of the service is your husband in? Hows the deployment treatin you? Have you guys been thru this before?

Hubby is AF, deployments stink no matter what (but we're hanging in there), I'm ready for it to be OVER and yes, 3rd one in 3 years. I have lost 40 pounds since he left so I'm dying for him to come home and see the new me!

You look great!!! Your hubby won't be able to keep his hands off of you!!! :wink:

yeah for real...must be an Air Force SP.

Hubby is EOD. He plays with explosives.....

I always wondered what kinda skills and level of aptitude one had to possess to fall into this line of work.

"Well sir, I grew up as a pyro-maniac, upgrading store bought fireworks, and dismantling my toys and yet finding some way of not actually putting them back together correctly. Also I'm the Jinga and card-stacking champion in my hometown."

"Son, you belong in EOD."

That explains it then, I was wondering why an Airman would be doing such a long tour. Around here Airmen tours are only 6 months. I think any amount of time is long for our loved ones, but I definitely give honor to whom honor is due, and the soldiers (and Airmen) that are gone that long get extra kudos.

I am doing pretty well, but worried about keeping this new lifestyle when Hubby gets home. I mean he's over there eating pizza everyday. Is he gonna be happy about the health food approach?! I sure hope so.:laugh:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I think the health food will be okay, as long as there are clean sheets and hot showers available!!! My husband was so happy to be back in a regular bed-I was practically sleeping on my nightstand he was being such a bed and blanket hog!!!:laugh:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Thankfully, the conditions on most of these bases, even the smaller FOB (firebases) are actually very comfortable. Its amazing what 3-hot meals, sum internet, a mattress and pillow can do for a soldier's morale. Hence why slaving 12-18 hour days, minimal sleep and anywhere from 6-month to 15 month tours is actually feasable. Obviously, its the time apart from friends and family and readjusting back to regular life upon return, that seems to be the most difficult challenge. Deployments may seem outrageous, but just like working out....the body and mind is way more capable of being challenged, then the credit we give it. Think about that the next time you think you can't push thru that last mile on the tread mil or last few reps. That shooting pain you feel in your legs. That exhausting burn in your chest. The slight shortness of breath. Its a little hurdle that can be leaped over, if you just have the will power to do it. 6 months. 1 year. Thats nothing from a life-time of sitting at home and enjoying the good life.

Whenever I watch Band of Brothers, I'm reminded that compared to their situation in combat.... we have it pretty damn good these days.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    When you are up at 8am on a Saturday morning getting ready for a bootcamp class...and get totally bummed when it is cancelled.

(no way the old me would have gotten up early on a Saturday :embarassed: )
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I had a thing I wanted to share in this post, even though I've only been exercising regularly (this time) for 3 weeks...

Saturday, I was absolutely dreading working out with my Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD, which is really intense...

but yesterday, I actually WANTED to do it. I woke up with the desire to do it. I could barely wait 30 minutes after I ate lol... and I also took a 1.4 mile walk later on during the day.

today, I want to do the DVD again! I'm shocked :noway:

I just hope this keeps up. If I can keep doing this, then it would be great. it makes me feel accomplished and proud of myself for actually wanting to exercise.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Thankfully, the conditions on most of these bases, even the smaller FOB (firebases) are actually very comfortable. Its amazing what 3-hot meals, sum internet, a mattress and pillow can do for a soldier's morale. Hence why slaving 12-18 hour days, minimal sleep and anywhere from 6-month to 15 month tours is actually feasable. Obviously, its the time apart from friends and family and readjusting back to regular life upon return, that seems to be the most difficult challenge. Deployments may seem outrageous, but just like working out....the body and mind is way more capable of being challenged, then the credit we give it. Think about that the next time you think you can't push thru that last mile on the tread mil or last few reps. That shooting pain you feel in your legs. That exhausting burn in your chest. The slight shortness of breath. Its a little hurdle that can be leaped over, if you just have the will power to do it. 6 months. 1 year. Thats nothing from a life-time of sitting at home and enjoying the good life.

Whenever I watch Band of Brothers, I'm reminded that compared to their situation in combat.... we have it pretty damn good these days.

We are a military family to the core-different branches, but very proud of our nation's best... I've never had to deal with my husband being gone for a 15 month long deployment, but have had friends who have sacrificed that much time from their families to serve our country. When I think about how much the military has changed throughout history, it's amazing what people have been through-whether it's the civil war, WWII, Vietnam, or the war right now, there are so many situations where you can see the strength of people coming through.

Band of brothers is a great example of what people can pull through, and the comraderie and dedication... I also think the world of people like Hal Moore, and like to hope we have leadership like that throughout the military...:flowerforyou:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    who you calling a nut
  • MissResa
    Options
    The Navy guy who works out like a fiend!!! You definitely qualify!!! Oh, and that Banks guy... Both are from the same tree...:laugh:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I guess sure beats being a junk food junkie