Realizing your S.O. was the 'one' :)

Options
1235»

Replies

• rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    As soon as she woke me up in the middle of the night and showed me the results of the pregnancy test she just took. I knew.

Great Answer:laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I knew by our second date. He is just amazing, he completes me and I have ever had a man quite like him. I remember on our 4th date or so telling a friend of mine "I'm going to make him fall in love with me" not knowing at the time, he already had :smile: Three years later and we are getting married on the 29th of Feb :love: :smooched:

Wow congratulations!!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I knew by our second date. He is just amazing, he completes me and I have ever had a man quite like him. I remember on our 4th date or so telling a friend of mine "I'm going to make him fall in love with me" not knowing at the time, he already had :smile: Three years later and we are getting married on the 29th of Feb :love: :smooched:

Wow congratulations!!

• songbyrdsweet
    Options
    As soon as she woke me up in the middle of the night and showed me the results of the pregnancy test she just took. I knew.

me_gusta_by_megustaplz-d30cns2.jpg
  • Munque
    Munque Posts: 123
    Options
    I was tired of dating the same "type" of men, I live in a small town and there just aren't that many options. So I told my mom I wanted to date a "white guy that listens to country music, drives a pickup truck, wears jeans and a button up, boots are ok, but no big belt buckle or anything" Those were my exact words. So she starts looking up guys online and I'm completely not into it at all. So she sets me up a profile (yeah, one of those moms). So I go on to the site and change my profile to better suite me. And then While I'm showing it to a friend for approval, my now husband messages me, and me, my friend, and him all play 20 questions for hours. He seems great, all the qualities I'm really looking for AND all the things I had told my mom. He is completly NOT my type, at all, not even a little, but for some reason, I'm adoring this guy. So we meet and go to dinner and a movie and to have a drink, we end up staying up all night talking about nothing and everything at the same time and pass out together on the couch.

I went to work the next monday and told my co-worker, I'm going to marry this guy.

About 3 weeks later, he's working in a town 3 hours away, and I got sick, kidney stone (worse pain in the world) but I suck it up while I'm talking to him so he doesn't think I'm a pansy. Well, apparently I didn't do a very good job, because I get off the phone with him and 2 hours later he is standing at the foot of my bed with a pizza. He started driving while I was on the phone with him. I had told him that I was going to get up and make dinner when I got off the phone with him and he didn't believe me (I did make dinner, but I didn't eat). He said he knew that I didn't feel very good and he couldn't stand the thought of me being alone when he could be there to take care of me. He stayed there the rest of the night, and got up at 3am to drive the 3 hours back to work. None of that was necessary, I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself, but the fact that he did all that, just to be with me while I was sick, well...

The next day, I went to work and told my coworker, "told you"

We've been married going on 3 years, and
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    At my best friends wedding, i was the best man and wife to be was the maid of honor. I had spent a few weeks with her helping plan the wedding but it never crossed my mind to date her. At the reception, i was sitting with my mom and wife to be and the wife to be got up to to go get us some cake. As she is walking away my mom said "she has got the most beautiful hair..." It was literally like God reached down and slapped my upside the head and opened my eyes. My wife has long naturally curly strawberry blonde hair and had it done up for the wedding and I never saw it. I asked her to go to supper that night. We went camping the next weekend. Got engaged a year later on Crazy Horse national monument and married a year later. That was 20 years ago.
  • Horskrzy
    Horskrzy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I seem to recall that she told me.:laugh:

Seriously, we both worked at the same restaurant together in high school. I was quite a flirt with all the girls so she had to let me know via my brother (who also worked there) that she was interested in more than just flirting. I naturally had noticed her but thought she was way out of my league so to say I was overjoyed at the prospect of dating her would be an understatement.

We dated for at least 6 months and I got to know her and her family quite well. Her Dad would call me "The Kid" all the time (never to my face though) and both she and her mother would conspire together (cheat) to make sure I would rarely win at Cribbage. One night as I was doing my chores at home (ironing, yuck!) and talking with her on the phone (did that a lot!) it suddenly hit me and I said I loved her. There was a pause and she replied in kind. :love:

I have now been married to my "Best Friend Forever" for 35 years this May and continue to enjoy every day I spend with her and am looking forward to spending another 50 or so years together!
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    when she cut my toenails.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    From the first time I saw him. But I test drove the *kitten* out of him to make sure!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    when she cut my toenails.

Hahaha, quality.