High Heels

Options
1235»

Replies

• Lushcious
    Options
    I'm so jealous of you high arched ladies.I'm pretty much flat footed but i love my heels.but after a couple hours of wearing 4 inchers i want to cry.Well i have actually cried before from my feet hurting so bad.lol And i have inserts but i always forget to use them!duh lol
  • Lollliiipopzzzz
    Options
    Heels from Baker's Shoes are incredibly comfortable! Even though they look like torture devices lol
  • FitnessDoll87
    FitnessDoll87 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Buy better quality shoes.

I really think this makes a huge difference. Buying $35 heels vs $100 heels....

There really is a difference in quality and comfort. Now this isn't true 100% of the time, but for the most part it is. It can get pricey, but if you at least make 1 quality purchase for a really good classic heel that can be worn with many different outfits it will be worth it. If you take care of them too, you can slowly but surely build up a good collection.

Either way, be strategic when you wear them. Wear the right pair for the right occasion based on whether you know you will be walking around a lot, standing in one place, or sitting.

Also, anybody else think wearing heels gets easier with alcohol? With the right dosage you won't even feel it... not that I always drunkenly run around in heels...that can also be a recipe for disaster....lol!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I can't afford to drop $100 on shoes...but the cheapo depot heels I have are actually very comfy. It's the super sexy ones that I would need for going out that are pricey & not overly comfy :sad:
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Kenneth Cole and Steve Madden make comfortable heels. :)
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Apparently when women wear heels it makes their bums look 'taught and ready for mating'
    ;)

I'm always ready for mating heels or no heels.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Buy better quality shoes.

The shoes could be the finest quality, but if they have 3-4 inches of heel, they ae going to put pressure where pressure shouldn't be. Inserts and better quality shoes can relieve some of the pain associated with it, but it cannot make wearing heels any easier on our feet in the long run.

Then why doesn't it hurt me at all?

(i didn't mean that schnarky - just curious)

No pain does not necessarily mean no damage.

I wear heels occasionally, pain-free, but with all of the issues they are known to cause, I don't recommend wearing them everyday.

My mother is a Podiatrist. You'd be surprised how much damage a woman could have with out even realizing it. It does not happen from one night of wearing them- but your feet do need recovery time.

interesting. I wear them (90% of the time) about 9-10 hours / day, M-F, for the past 15 or so years. I wonder if I'm going to end up having problems.

Maybe yes, maybe no, the body is one mysterious thing. My grandma has smoked her whole life and her doctor says her lungs are awesome. So maybe you are in that 5% lucky group. Just be careful and maybe go for a visit for your feet and spine.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    High heels and I have this love-hate relationship thing going on for years now.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Heels I can live with. The man who invented panty hose needs to be strung up with a pair of them...

Does anyone remember stockings held up by garter belts? So sexy! Also you can still buy thigh highs and they're much sexier than panty hose...and far more comfortable.

exactly this. And the Dr Scholls things are a life saver. Someone asked about open toes... cant even see em!
  • sarahness
    sarahness Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i bought a pair of heels that i want to wear one day. im using them as my inspiraiton! im too heavy to wear heels so im hoping when i loose more weight i can eventually wear them and not want to die lol.
  • burgenah
    Options
    To you tall girls... SPARE ME. One of my girlfriends is 5'11.5" and no one rocks a pair of 5" stilettos like she does. I used to work with a woman that was 6'2" and loved wearing heels every day.

Own your height. It's incredibly sexy to see a self confident woman towering above us shorties.

I'm 5'9" clean up well, and ROCK MY 5" heels! ALthough I have to find tall dates... But my children know that the one thing mom wants when they bury me, is bury me in a nice Pair of Christian Louboutin Platforms!! My oldest told me, "well it will probably be just a picture mom, those things are expensive" LOL Love my boys!