drunken cheating

Options
bmkx0
bmkx0 Posts: 308
Whenever i drink i'm pretty aware of my actions, maybe that's just me. Do you really think when people cheat while under the influence of alcohol they don't know what they are doing? is this something that should be forgiven? all opinions are welcomed.

Replies

• bmkx0
    Options
    also, i'm not sure if this is where i should have posted this topic? not sure.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I think, in general, most people won't do something drunk that they wouldn't do sober. BUT, I do know some people who have had total blackouts when drinking and I do think they could cheat and had no intentions or memory of doing it.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    nope. i would never give drunken cheating a pass. If you got REALLY loaded and stabbed someone, should you get a pass? no, because even stupidly drunk, you know it's wrong to stab someone.
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    my philosophy is that whatever you do under the influence is what you dont have the balls to do when youre sober . . . . . thats just my opinion though
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've never done it or had it done to me but my guess is people do what they want and alcohol is either an excuse for having done it (as in “it wasn’t really me”) or it lowers their inhibitions enough that they do it anyway knowing it’s wrong (as in “it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission”).
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    nope. i would never give drunken cheating a pass. If you got REALLY loaded and stabbed someone, should you get a pass? no, because even stupidly drunk, you know it's wrong to stab someone.
    dat's right!
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Totally unacceptable. Cheating is cheating. Even kissing someone else is cheating, as far as I'm concerned. Drunk or not. But I'd hope at my age that I wouldn't have to deal with someone who gets that drunk very often! haha
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hahaa, I was thinking drunken cheating as it, eating bad food.
  • MStrawn
    MStrawn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are you talking drunk eating? Because I am always trying to forget about that.:wink:
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Exactly...being drunk doesn't excuse your actions! I do think sometimes it can give you "liquid courage" and maybe you do something you've always wanted to do...but it's still wrong to cheat and/or stab someone while drunk!
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I recently read an article about a study that was done at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Apparently drinking causes people to care less about their actions, but does not make them unaware of what they are doing.

See the article here:
    http://www.sciencenewsline.com/psychology/2011090120540056.html
  • moenkopi612
    Options
    If you can't handle being drunk, then don't get drunk, or at the very least have a buddy there to make sure you're not doing something stupid (like driving).
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I do not think being druck is a justification for cheating. if a person cheats drunk or sober there was somthign wrong with teh relationship to begin with.

That being said some people are truly sorry after they cheat and maybe desirve a second chance, repetative cheaters should be dumped immideatly.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    totally unacceptable. cheating is cheating. i've done some pretty stupid things when drunk, but nothing like cheating.

any stupidity i've done when drunk i have also done sober, so, yeah, cheating is cheating. that's it.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Well here's the question: If you really think it's just because they're drunk, what happens when they keep getting "drunk" and keep "cheating"?

I know millions of people who can keep their hands out of someone else's pants while sober or drunk. I don't see why any person couldn't do what millions of other people have managed to do, unless it was something they were already inclined to do, conciously or subconciously.
  • bmkx0
    Options
    Are you talking drunk eating? Because I am always trying to forget about that.:wink:

lol :)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Nope - people are responsible for their actions 100% of the time.

People love to use intoxication as an excuse to avoid responsibility for their actions.
    Again, no, and anybody keeping the drunk around after one such episode is a fool.
    You deserve anything you get after that.
  • Angelap1121
    Options
    Yea, I thought you meant drunk eating, which I have done, because it's very hard to find healthy options that late and I like grease when I have been drinking. Now I would never drunk cheat on my husband. Not unless I had been drugged or something.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    totally unacceptable. cheating is cheating. i've done some pretty stupid things when drunk, but nothing like cheating.

any stupidity i've done when drunk i have also done sober, so, yeah, cheating is cheating. that's it.

if i get you really drunk, would you still let me rub your bunions?
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    Cheating is cheating, regardless of your intoxication level. That could never be forgiven it my book.