drunken cheating

Options

Replies

• loftus2005
    Options
    Hahaa, I was thinking drunken cheating as it, eating bad food.

Me too! haha!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    my philosophy is that whatever you do under the influence is what you dont have the balls to do when youre sober . . . . . thats just my opinion though

Ditto
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Cheating on a diet... YES.. Cheating on a loved one? NEVER
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think drinking lowers inhibitions so people are inclined to do things they wouldn't do while sober but are still things they wanted to do. Certainly no one gets a pass for cheating while intoxicated, but it's up to you whether you want to view it as a "mitigating" factor or just more evidence that the person has serious problems!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Take ambien...then you have an excuse to do ahything
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    Nope - people are responsible for their actions 100% of the time.

People love to use intoxication as an excuse to avoid responsibility for their actions.
    Again, no, and anybody keeping the drunk around after one such episode is a fool.
    You deserve anything you get after that.

exactly! I see it all the time. not just with cheating, but people's general actions. They do something stupid while drunk and think they can excuse it by them being "too drunk". Two things. 1. Stop drinking so much that you can't handle your own & 2. Own up to the mistakes you made and try your best to not make them again. Those are the same people you will see getting drunk again the next night.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Cheating is cheating no matter what, even if you're completely out of your face drunk . If you really love the person you're with, you wouldn't cheat on them under any circumstances.
  • MomSlom
    MomSlom Posts: 11
    Options

Me too! haha!

Me three! But really it's all the same. You are responsible for your actions no matter what. If you choose to drink so much that you can't control yourself from either eating too much or cheating on your partner, then it all still goes back to you and the choices you make.
  • bmkx0
    Options
    I think drinking lowers inhibitions so people are inclined to do things they wouldn't do while sober but are still things they wanted to do. Certainly no one gets a pass for cheating while intoxicated, but it's up to you whether you want to view it as a "mitigating" factor or just more evidence that the person has serious problems!

that's exactly what i was thinking. i feel as if the 'cheating' and experimenting with someone else was always in the back of their mind, and they got the chance to do it so they took it.
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    There is NO excuse PERIOD.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Drunkeness is never an excuse for anything. That said, drunken cheating, or any one-time lapse in judgement is not as bad as a long calculated affair.
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    hahahaha, i definitely took this as drunken eating!!! omg, i was about to say something like people need to lighten up and not be so harsh.

if it's eating- we all make mistakes, and being drunk tends to inhibit our better judgement, so a piece of pizza is ok if you don't get drunk all the time

if for relationship- ugh! it is never ok! there could be serious consequences to those actions that can never be fixed.
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Me too! haha!

Me too at first then as I read others responses, I laughed.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

That was exactly what I thought. I was thinking how when I drink, certain foods (i.e., bar foods) seem so much more appealing. I need the bread to absorb the alcohol after all. And then greasy foods are the best for fighting back a hangover.

As far as cheating on a spouse, there are no excuses, just aftermath.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    That excuse stopped working in highschool. Cheating is cheating is cheating.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY what I'm doing when I'm drinking. Even if I start spinning and blacking out, I still know and I still recall EVERYTHING the next day. But I can't speak for everyone. I know a lot of guys who can get to that point and have no idea what they're doing and don't remember it either. If they do cheat, then yes, I think it's on their mind when sober and using getting drunk as an excuse.
  • bmkx0
    Options
    you guys are all cracking me up with this cheating with food thing. & I'm glad that everyone pretty much agrees it's wrong. thanks to all :smile:
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

That was exactly what I thought. I was thinking how when I drink, certain foods (i.e., bar foods) seem so much more appealing. I need the bread to absorb the alcohol after all. And then greasy foods are the best for fighting back a hangover.

As far as cheating on a spouse, there are no excuses, just aftermath.

Greasy food is THE best for hangovers lol!!
  • bmkx0
    Options
    That excuse stopped working in highschool. Cheating is cheating is cheating.

i <3 this . thanks!