drunken cheating

Replies

• Cheating is cheating, regardless of your intoxication level. That could never be forgiven it my book.

Yep I totally agree!!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    nope. i would never give drunken cheating a pass. If you got REALLY loaded and stabbed someone, should you get a pass? no, because even stupidly drunk, you know it's wrong to stab someone.
    dat's right!
    totally agree!! cheating is NEVER ok no matter what the circumstances
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    also, I'd find it a million times harder to forgive when the person knows they did it, and goes and drinks with the same group of people the next night.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    My opinion is that (for me anyway) what happens drunk, is what I'd love to be able to do when sober, but am too shy to do!!

You may not mean to cheat on your SO when drunk, but if it happens then there's something obviously messed up in your head or relationship at the time otherwise you wouldn't have done it. Most likely, you fancy said person, or just not happy with the person you're with. It's not an excuse though, I couldn't see myself forgiving that.
  • rachcamp88
    rachcamp88 Posts: 88 Member
    I have 'drunkenly' cheated before but I knew exactly what I was doing at the time. I knew it I should have being doing it but I wanted to do it. In truth the relationship I was in had been over over for a long time but my self esteem was very low. I didn't think anyone could have found me attractive. Cheating eventually gave me the confidence in myself to end the relationship and I'm so much happier now. Yes there probably was a better way to deal with it but having been in a relationship for so long with someone who so obviously didn't love me and having zero confidence in myself it was the only thing that helped me change my life.

I'm expecting a lot of bad comments back and a lot of hate from some people but I will never regret what I did because ite led me to a much happier life.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    It's still not cheating if it occurs in a different zip code right?
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Sorry alcohol is not a reason or an excuse to cheat.

Never got that, never will.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    It's still not cheating if it occurs in a different zip code right?

hahaha!! can i get a hall pass??!
  • skedzie
    skedzie Posts: 91 Member
    Drunkeness is never an excuse for anything. That said, drunken cheating, or any one-time lapse in judgement is not as bad as a long calculated affair.

Sorry but I totally disagree! One time just makes it easier the next time...with food or relationships!

20 years with a drunk...thought he could reform if he stopped drinking. Found out about the cheating and I dropped him like a hot potato!! Bad husband - bad carbs!!
    No excuses!!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Being drunk is no excuse for egregious behavior. You can dismiss being a little more mouthy or telling everyone you love them.. hell, you can even excuse yourself from puking on the carpet...

But cheating, getting in a fight, slapping around your SO, acting like a total *kitten*, being a b!tch, *kitten*, *kitten*, or motherfecker.... is not the booze. It's you, cheating, hitting, and/or being a drunk *kitten*, b!tch, *kitten*, *kitten* or motherfecker.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hahaa, I was thinking drunken cheating as it, eating bad food.

Hahaha - that's what I thought it was going to be about. Now, I HAVE DONE some drunken cheat / eating. But even as I ate those little sausage snacks and beer cheese dip with all those pretzels.... I KNEW what I was doing was wrong. Wrong and not to be tolerated. :noway:

me too...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I had two martinis last night and then went straight to the fridge. Pulled out some Buttercream frosting in a can and had two spoonfuls.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    totally unacceptable. cheating is cheating. i've done some pretty stupid things when drunk, but nothing like cheating.

any stupidity i've done when drunk i have also done sober, so, yeah, cheating is cheating. that's it.

if i get you really drunk, would you still let me rub your bunions?

well, yeah! and getting drunk is optional.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    also, i'm not sure if this is where i should have posted this topic? not sure.

I'd guess Facebook.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    Drinking is not an excuse for stupid behavior...trust me, I have spent many a day after apologizing for my actions (none as severe as cheating). Should I have danced on that bar? should I send those texts? should I grab my friends junk? NOPE, but I take 100% responsibilty for my actions.
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Doesn't anyone want to hear the backstory? Was the OP forgiven for cheating or not? Did she have to go to the grocery store and replace the missing bag of Cheetos?
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Hahaa, I was thinking drunken cheating as it, eating bad food.

That's what I was thinking. Sure sure, I'll eat those nachos and if I don't remember then to hell with logging those calories. I'm probably just going to throw them up in the morning anyway!
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Doesn't anyone want to hear the backstory? Was the OP forgiven for cheating or not? Did she have to go to the grocery store and replace the missing back of Cheetos?

Lol :)
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Whenever i drink i'm pretty aware of my actions, maybe that's just me. Do you really think when people cheat while under the influence of alcohol they don't know what they are doing? is this something that should be forgiven? all opinions are welcomed.

Never okay - even if they have blacked out. If they can't control what they do when drinking, they shouldn't drink. If they can't be monogamous then they can get the heck out of the relationship.
  • Food wise absolutely, **** wise hell no!