I lost 171 pounds in 13 months all natural! My Story!

Options

Replies

• sassy0507
    Options
    girl you look INCREDIBLE!!!
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    In short, I was battling obesity most of my early adulthood until 2010 when I decided to take a hold of my life after a health scare. I've lost a total of 171 pounds in 13 months all natural through diet and exercising. :smile: I've been maintaining since November 2011. I'm totally committed to the journey! I'm healthy mentally, physically and emotionally! GOD is good!

I was very much of an emotional eating. I'm not cured, but I've adopted a healthy lifestyle. My weight loss journey was all natural. No supplements (not even vitamins), no surgery... I normally run,kick box, Zumba and do the Arc Trainer at Level 20 (highest level) resistance 35-40. The Arc trainer is a calorie burner I love it! I started with the treadmill 15 minutes, then elevated to the Elliptical for 45 minutes, then to the Arc trainer for an hour.

I'm pretty discipline with weighing and measuring my food. I cut back on junk and try to eat whole foods- little to no processed food. I cook mostly all my meals and plan in advance. I'll say 80% of my success came from what I ate. I try to keep a positive attitude....

Lastly, during the losing phase, I lost every week consecutively for 13 months. No plateau or weight gain.

====

beforeafter2012.jpg

beforeafter2012fnsmall.jpg

amazing!!
  • ChubbyCrystol
    Options
    wow! I absolutely love you! thank you so much for sharing! I am at the beginning of my journey. You have motivated to give in and start exercising I think that is what holding me back. My laziness. Can I ask did you only drink water?
  • cingerl
    cingerl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow. You were already beautiful and now you look AMAZING!
  • trouse11
    trouse11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great work. I can't believe how well you did in such a short time. You should be very proud of yourself.
  • ChubbyCrystol
    Options
    In short, I was battling obesity most of my early adulthood until 2010 when I decided to take a hold of my life after a health scare. I've lost a total of 171 pounds in 13 months all natural through diet and exercising. :smile: I've been maintaining since November 2011. I'm totally committed to the journey! I'm healthy mentally, physically and emotionally! GOD is good!

I was very much of an emotional eating. I'm not cured, but I've adopted a healthy lifestyle. My weight loss journey was all natural. No supplements (not even vitamins), no surgery... I normally run,kick box, Zumba and do the Arc Trainer at Level 20 (highest level) resistance 35-40. The Arc trainer is a calorie burner I love it! I started with the treadmill 15 minutes, then elevated to the Elliptical for 45 minutes, then to the Arc trainer for an hour.

I'm pretty discipline with weighing and measuring my food. I cut back on junk and try to eat whole foods- little to no processed food. I cook mostly all my meals and plan in advance. I'll say 80% of my success came from what I ate. I try to keep a positive attitude....

Lastly, during the losing phase, I lost every week consecutively for 13 months. No plateau or weight gain.

====

beforeafter2012.jpg

beforeafter2012fnsmall.jpg

amazing!!
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i know you've had a million replies and they are probably sounding repetitive, but I have to add my "WOW!!!!!" Really incredible. It's awesome that you did it all by just diet and exercise. What a great goal to accomplish, I bet you feel like you can do anything you set your mind to now! :)
  • Ambr
    Ambr Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    wow, Amazing job, you r looking fantasticccccccccc
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Be proud of what you have accomplished you are an inspiration. I just started my journey and have lost 12 lbs in just 9 days. All thru changing my habits and cutting on junkfood and lots of exercise. makes me feel good that you did basically the same thing and are where I want to be. Thanks again for showing me it is not the impossible dream.
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks to a previous post of yours I tried the Arc machine and I love it! You are a true inspiration and you are gorgeous!!
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW! Wow, you look wonderful! What an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • clairepeaches626
    Options
    What a wonderful inspiration! keep up the good work!!!
  • thunt0975
    Options
    Truly inspirational.... thanks for sharing.
  • mseraf713
    mseraf713 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful at either weight, but your story is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing and congratulations on reaching your goals!
  • harley47920
    harley47920 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Wonderful effort! You look great! :o)
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Congrats. What an inspiring story!!
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    Dang girl! You look amazing!!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Look at you, STUNNING. What a tremendous transformation. Congratulations. Way to inspire!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    bump... awesome lost you look FAB!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!