How much do you want to be paid?

Options

Replies

• cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    By the way, if you think you deserve to be paid more please make sure to prrof-read you're posts.

I can't help it.... this post made me laugh too hard. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I almost spit fruit punch all over my computer :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edit: If you don't find the irony humorous there is something wrong with you :tongue:

Thank You...glad you appreciate the intended humor...don't spit fruit punch on your computer! :bigsmile:
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I work full-time, and I'm also a freelancer.

I make three times as much freelancing and I do working, per hour, and I still don't charge highly for my services. I'm underpaid for what I do, but my freelance work makes up for that. The full-time job, on the other hand, offers some security as I get some savings together for my wedding and my future. Sure, it'd be nice to be paid more, but I'm on a team of four and none of us are paid anywhere near enough for the work we do - my fiance in particular. He's on the same team but he's taken on a management position without a salary raise.
  • minimum1960
    Options
    I own my own business and I'm only limited by what the business can do which is directly tied to what I do.
    At this point in my life I can get a 6 figure job for any of the companies in my area but I prefer to work from home, have the flexibility to take time off with my family, and work at my own pace.

The short answer is yes I love what I do and I get enough money for it.
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY more. I'm a teacher and have had about 3 paycuts in the last 4 years.

that is messed up.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't even be employed, I haven't done anything at work today.
    I'm going to go ahead and agree with this statement for myself as well.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    There are days when I think, man I am just a glorified baby sitter! Sometimes we have new borns who are pre-op and pretty well, as long as they have a specific drug infusing. But as long as that drug is going they are fine. Then other times I feel like I deserve WAY more than I make. Those days when I am running my butt around and days I am doing compressions for hours or whatever it may be. Or when the doctor asks me what I would do because they have no clue. Usually I feel I do more than what I earn. But some days are different.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Some weeks are tough and long and stressful, but others... well let's just say today I racked up $27/hr to post on MFP for 8 hours. Can't complain I guess...

:drinker:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom and the mat leave ran out in september. so any wage right now would be an improvement. :-P
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am currently unemployed, but my last job had decent pay for the position. I'm still looking for a job, but also looking into going back to school as I can't live on my own on the salary that I'm worth : /
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I like to be paid with shoes...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Nope. As a Marketing Supervisor & Graphic Designer, less than $390 a month is totally very low. Unfortunately the minimum salary here where I am stands at around $250 a month. :noway: Being said, I think a starting salary of $500 a month would be OK.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    My job is great, but I have advanced as far as I can and am making the most money I can here.
    Also I'm independent which allows me plenty of workout time, but no health insurance.

I would like to find a job that will allow me to use my degree and make around 40k starting out lol.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    By the way, if you think you deserve to be paid more please make sure to prrof-read you're posts.

I can't help it.... this post made me laugh too hard. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I almost spit fruit punch all over my computer :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edit: If you don't find the irony humorous there is something wrong with you :tongue:

Thank You...glad you appreciate the intended humor...don't spit fruit punch on your computer! :bigsmile:
    I was agreeing with the concept before even noticing the errors!
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    RoanneRed - been there, done that... we had an office supply store for 13 years and I think for the first five it paid its own way but not much more. Right up until we closed it, every dollar was tight (although by that time it was managing to pay three full-time salaries). Can I give you a little friendly advice? Do pay yourself something. I know "they" say to pour every dollar back into the business for XX years, but you need to take care of the heart & soul behind the business. I don't know whether (like us) you do any dipping into the til for a coffee here and there, or a bill that needs to be paid (surprising what it adds up to) - but even if you don't, put yourself on at least a little paycheck. It's a nice morale boost. Best of luck to you - it was fun, but I don't think I'd do it again. He's in the army now, and even averaging in a few trips, I think I see more of him now than I did when we had the store.
    Thanks KHipson - I did start out and cashflow forecast to pay myself a minimal weekly salary but memberships numbers have just never grown (small gym in a country town where very few people seem to understand the need for consistent exercise) so, even with no payment to me, the business can't pay it's own way. I do have a free annual gym membership with all the equipment I like to use, though ;-)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    No. I should make at least $1.00 more. I work in retail, but I work SO much harder than everyone else who makes 25 cents less than me ... and I even work harder than those who make more than me (and who's job position I'm currently in competition over).
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    I get paid well considering what I do, but I am in school to become qualified to make more. :)
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    working now......till 6 am ...WAY overpaid.. but thankful!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 2, doing everything that entails as my husband is away. Student - 22 hours a week, pre-school secretary, and parish councillor, and for all that, which together means I am on my feet 12 hours a day, every day, including weekends, and often don't get to bed until 2 am, up again at 7.30 for the school run, I get paid nothing at all.

So yeah, I think I'm underpaid, but I also think that's life.
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 2, doing everything that entails as my husband is away. Student - 22 hours a week, pre-school secretary, and parish councillor, and for all that, which together means I am on my feet 12 hours a day, every day, including weekends, and often don't get to bed until 2 am, up again at 7.30 for the school run, I get paid nothing at all.

So yeah, I think I'm underpaid, but I also think that's life.

agreed...underpaid
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    0 job 0 pay for me