daily weigh-in club

Options
not everyone likes weighing in everyday, but this is a group for those of us that do. :) if weighing in everyday causes you to start obsessing or become depressed, please don't join.

if you join this group, please introduce yourself and let us a little bit about you. you can also send a friend request to an other members for additional support. :)

welcome!

Replies

• yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I need help please.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm dawn. i'm 33, married, have 2 boys (10 and 8) and want to expand my family through adoption. i like to read and i am signed up for 3 half marathons this year. :) i did 2 half marathons last year. i lost 30 pounds in 2010, maintained it in 2011 and would like to lose the last 15 pounds in 2012.

i like to weigh in daily and see the trend of how what i eat and drink affects what i weigh. my weight this morning was 128.9, up 2.3 pounds after a weekend of super-indulging (family reunion get-together).
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I need help please.

how can i help you yowla?
  • yowla
    Options
    I need people to help me and motivate me. I weigh myself daily. I don't get depressed unless I see it creaping way up. I like to see how I am doing especially when I eat something that I know is horrible;. I don't know what I am doing or how to get on tract.
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Daily weigh ins have know meaning...no significant value. They are minor fluctuations that reflects mostly water weight and not sustainable progress.
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi, my name is Niki and I weigh in every day. Why you might say? It is an addiction. Ever since I started MFP, my weight has dropped at least a half a pound a week. I am so excited never to see 178 on the scale again, I have to peak every time I walk by it. I don't just weigh in every day, I do it about 3-4 times a day just to see how my weight fluxes during the day. Did you know I weigh less after lunch than I do at 9am? Silly huh, but it is definately a trend. So today I am admiting I have a problem, but I don't want to fix it. I am proud of who I am, and who I am becoming!

I am a 4 foot 7 inch, mother of 2. I also have a "foreign" son, (foreign exchange student). I started my journey here on December 1, 2011. My starting weight was 178. Today I weighed in at 170, and am looking forward to never seeing that 7 again. I have a wonderful husband and family. I work full time, go to school part time, and chase the kids in every spare moment, running from sports to scouts and 4H, square dancing, and my many other volunteer positions. I am always on the move. I would love to be friends and join this group, I think this could be my new home.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself every morning... and every night :embarassed: LOL

I am a 32 year old mom of 2 great little boys
    I am 5'2"
    Starting Weight was about 182 on 1/16/12 and am down to 178.2 as of this morning
    My heaviest weight was 206 pounds (I weighed 206 the day I found out I was pregnant with little boy #2 and I also weighed 206 pounds the day I gave birth... I lost over 20 pounds in the 6 weeks after birth)
    My current goal weight is 15o, and ultimate goal weight would be around 130.

I weigh myself every day so I can keep a tighter track on what my body is doing and how what I eat during the day effects me. I am always at least 2-3 pounds lighter in the mornings (when I wake up) then I am in the evening (before I go to bed).
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I also weigh myself every morning... and every night :embarassed: LOL

I weigh myself every day so I can keep a tighter track on what my body is doing and how what I eat during the day effects me. I am always at least 2-3 pounds lighter in the mornings (when I wake up) then I am in the evening (before I go to bed).

i am always 2 pounds lighter in the morning as well. if i am not, i know that something is going on with my hormone meds and they need to be adjusted. :)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I need people to help me and motivate me. I weigh myself daily. I don't get depressed unless I see it creaping way up. I like to see how I am doing especially when I eat something that I know is horrible;. I don't know what I am doing or how to get on tract.

sounds like this is a great group for you. :) introduce yourself, tell us your weight and send a friend request. we'd love to help motivate you.
  • meli_ssa4
    Options
    Hi there,

I weigh myself everyday because I feel like I need to know what I am doing is actually working.

I am a mom of two kids, a girl (14) and a boy (12). I am 31, 5'4" and started MFP on Jan 7th 2012. My starting weight was 175.4. As of last night I weighed 169.0lbs. I current goal is 140lbs.

I am addicted to food and feel like I am always wanting something to eat. I try not to by anything that is bad so I won't eat it. I absolutely love pizza.

I need to keep motivated to keep going. Seeing results helps me to this, if I don't see results, I get very frustrated and wonder what's the point.
  • yowla
    Options
    sounds like this is a great group for you. :) introduce yourself, tell us your weight and send a friend request. we'd love to help motivate you.
    [/quote]
  • yowla
    Options
    I am Yowla. I would love to have some friends and support. I crept up to 158.8 after my wedding last June and I am down to 147.8. I gained a little bit over the last week.
  • plumnbagel
    plumnbagel Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm Jonathan, 43, and I work in an office with my hands on a laptop nearly every moment. I had a pretty quick metabolism when I was younger, I guess, because I never really had an issue with my weight.
    As a child I had asthma, which would sometimes flare up when I engaged in sustained activity vigorously, so I never really learned to exercise and kind of fear the gym as a place where I could be embarrassed or make a fool of myself.
    When I started MFP as a New Year's Resolution, I set the goal of going from 212 pounds to 175. I've been married for 16 years, and the day of our wedding I was somewhere around 150. I was a little too thin then, but I have to admit one of my goals is to be sexy for my beautiful wife.
    My other goal is connected to my love of singing: I'm in a few choirs here in town and have found that in the past year it's been harder to get and sustain the breath I really need, and I think my weight plays a part in that, as well as my lack of exercise.
    I don't have a scale at home, but every weekday I take a little walk across the campus at work and get on the scale in the common area. I've had pretty good fortune at the beginning here so it's been fun to watch progress. But the past few days I've been stuck, and want to make my daily trip to the scale fun again. I bet with the great group of people here, I could make that a reality. Please let me know if I can help you with the goals you're conquering too!
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    I weigh myself at least once a day. Maybe 3 times on during the work week. Once I get up in morning. Once when I get home from work & once before bed. I find that I can usually count on weighing 2 lbs. less in the morning that I do before bed. I like to keep track. Today I was 1/2 lbs. up. Although disappointed, I know that it is not real because I followed the diet exactly yesterday. However, to be sure, I will eat a little bit less today. This works for me.
  • kelli_69
    kelli_69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42 year old female construction worker that's out of work! I usually weigh 133-138. Now that I'm not working, mind you since 10-5-11. I am now weighing in at 152 and I can't fit in my clothes. I love to eat.. I have an appetite. I'm not the crouton, glass of water girl. I love to have some cocktails. I also love to exercise.

I moved to a new area without the girl friends and I am going crazy!

So I want to be a part of the weigh in club to help keep me motivated! I want to be at 143 a.s.a.p.! Most importantly I want to be in good shape and feel good!
  • JenniferInNY
    JenniferInNY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weight myself almost daily – probably 4 days a week, first thing in the morning. It doesn’t make me depressed, I’m not obsessed with it, and I don’t take minor fluctuations too seriously. I do it because it helps me see overall trends, even when they’re small. In the past, after losing weight, I have often re-gained because I ever-so-slowly crept back up over time. (I’m 5’0” tall, so a few pounds are pretty visible). When I weigh myself daily and enter it, I can then look at the MFP line graph for a trend. I expect to see random zigzags up and down due to minor fluctuations, but if I see a line slowly creeping upwards (130.0 lbs, 130.3 lbs, 130.5 lbs, 130.7), I know I need to re-think what I’m doing.
  • sheepiegail
    sheepiegail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I went for the past few months without weighing myself on a weekly basis and was disappointed when I did weigh in since I lost nothing and had worked out regularly 5 times a week. Since less has not been working I am going the other way and hopefully keep better track as to what does work diet and exercise wise for me.

I am at 149.2 now but want to be at 127 by the end of May.
  • Wrigleymom
    Options
    Hi - I am a 35 year old mom and I started weighing myself daily in July when I started dieting. I am down 43 lbs and want to take off another 10-15 lbs. By weighing myself daily, I feel more in control. I am pretty nervous about gaining the weight back and by checking myself, I am learning more about my own general fluctuations (go up about 1.5 lbs right before cycle). It drives my husband crazy that I weigh myself every morning.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Daily weigh ins have know meaning...no significant value. They are minor fluctuations that reflects mostly water weight and not sustainable progress.

Weighing daily helps some people stay on track. Seeing that you lost 0.2 lbs from the previous day is encouraging. You do not typically lose 3 lbs over night. Weighing weekly will show you a bigger number but it is all the same....
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options

Weighing daily helps some people stay on track. Seeing that you lost 0.2 lbs from the previous day is encouraging. You do not typically lose 3 lbs over night. Weighing weekly will show you a bigger number but it is all the same....

I guess I have lost 49lbs of water weight....