daily weigh-in club

Options

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    well, i had insomnia and was up at 3am. i knew i was going to go back to bed so i weighed in then. it was 129.8, which is higher than yesterday morning but might have been closer if i had weighed at the normal time. :) we'll see how skiing and the superbowl food messes with my number tomorrow.
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    144.2 yesterday
    144.2 today gained 3lbs since fri, but i figured I would. I did not make the smartest choices. Back on track today
  • 54m0n6
    Options
    hey there. im 21 yrs old and i weight myself everyday. i have lost 6 lbs since i joined mfp. add me up :)
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I am 52 and have lost 24lbs with the help of MFP since last August and have another 19 to go.
    I have always weighed myself everyday, first thing in the morning. I don't stress about the daily fluctuations as I know there are many factors at work. I only log a loss in whole pounds and if I see it for more than a coule of days in a row.

I get very annoyed with the people on here who say you shouldn't weigh yourself every day........it is NOT WRONG if it works for you. I tried weekly and hated it as I found myself worrying about how I was doing all the time.
  • daisydieter
    Options
    Yesterday 196lbs
    Today 196lbs
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Just a word of caution about weighing in every day...

This can be setting yourself up to fail, as if you gain weight for a day or a couple of days consecutively, they you may become depressed about the whole 'diet' thing and think 'stuff it' and eat inappropriate stuff...

I (personally) would recommend weighing in once a week maximum, and once a month minimum. After all, it's the inches that count isn't it, not the number on the scale?

Obviously, this is my opinion & my opinion only...
  • meli_ssa4
    Options
    Well, I haven't weighed myself at all over the weekend because I was to scared to get on the scale. I ate horribly on Friday and tried to stay on track on Sat and Sun.

I ended up getting on the scale this morning, and was up a couple of pounds current: 169.
    On Friday in the morning I was 167.

Back on track today, and plan on losing those 2lbs again.

We will see what the scale says tonight before bed. I am heading to the gym after work for an hour, hopefully that will help.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    yesterday: 129.8
    today: 130.4 (+.6)

not too bad. back on track today and looking for a loss tomorrow.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I get very annoyed with the people on here who say you shouldn't weigh yourself every day........it is NOT WRONG if it works for you. I tried weekly and hated it as I found myself worrying about how I was doing all the time.

i feel the same way but i just try to ignore them. nothing i say is going to make them think any differently. :)
  • pokeypeep
    Options
    Hi, i'm in .I like to weigh daily to keep myself accountable before it turns into a big gain.I have 3 lbs gone since saturday!:happy:
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    back from the weekend

last night 146.6
    this am 143.8
  • jalysia
    Options
    not such a good morning!!! I HATE that TOM!!!

yesterday: 222.4
    today: 223.6 (+1.2)

Guess I should have avoided the 2nd glass of wine during the game last night... Oh well, back on track and focuses today!!!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

i feel the same way but i just try to ignore them. nothing i say is going to make them think any differently. :)

I didn't say 'it was wrong,' I just said that 'sometimes' it is 'setting yourself up to fail...'
  • meli_ssa4
    Options
    yesterday morning: 169
    today: 166.9 (+/-2.1)

good workout yesterday and I made sure I didn't go over any of my goals.
    Back on pace now after the weekend.
  • daisydieter
    Options
    Yesterday: 196
    Today: 195

Feeling good about the one pound loss. Fifty more pounds till I hit my goal weight!
  • daisydieter
    Options
    Just a word of caution about weighing in every day...

This can be setting yourself up to fail, as if you gain weight for a day or a couple of days consecutively, they you may become depressed about the whole 'diet' thing and think 'stuff it' and eat inappropriate stuff...

I (personally) would recommend weighing in once a week maximum, and once a month minimum. After all, it's the inches that count isn't it, not the number on the scale?

Obviously, this is my opinion & my opinion only...

I think that is a GREAT idea. Very reasonable and thoughtful. I wish I was wired differently though. I'm too "all or nothing"... if I don't weigh myself daily, I won't do it weekly. I'm fine with a 1-2 pound fluctuation on a daily weigh in. But one "bad" week, that potential "damage" is something I seek to avoid seeing historically. Sometimes I'll suck it up and get back on track, but eventually, I skip it. And that "bad" week becomes a month... before I know it, I've gained 20-50lbs. (This has been my adult life pattern of weight management).

Daily weigh in seems to keep me on track... and we'll see if once I hit my goal weight that continuing the daily weigh-in keeps that weight off once and for all.
  • michellemattingly
    Options
    I weighed 190 around Dec. 2011 I weighed in this morning 166.8.So it is coming off.Just need some guidance I know its about to get harder.I'm shooting for 148lbs.That's what I was 9 years ago before I had children.I'm also 5'7 and 33 yrs old
  • jalysia
    Options
    I was off yesterday, I was typing at work and didn't remember correctly apparently... anyways:

yesterday: 223.1
    today: 223.5 (+.4) :(
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Feeling good about the one pound loss. Fifty more pounds till I hit my goal weight!

awesome!