today: 130 (-0.6)

=)
  • daisydieter
    Options
    Yesterday 197
    Today 197
  • Austynl
    Options
    Weighing in everyday for me is a must! I REALLY need the extra support, as it is starting to get hard having none, and I love to support others as well!
    Today I weighed in at 218.8
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    yesterday: 130.0
    today: 130.2 (+.2)
  • daisydieter
    Options
    yesterday 197
    today 197

I think after I've lost February's weight, I will invest in a scale that doesn't round up to pound so I can see those quarter and half pounds.

I'm fighting the urge not to be frustrated as the number hasn't moved for 4 days and I've been either jogging or doing elliptical for an hour every day as well as sticking to my diet. I know logically that this is completely normal, especially given I'd lost 9 pounds in the 9 days prior. My body is adjusting and will start progressing soon. Plus, I had thought I'd start February off weighing 201lbs and was shooting to lose 12 in 4 weeks (3 pounds per week)... so I'm still on target for that.

*sigh*
  • meli_ssa4
    Options
    last night before bed: 167.8
    this morning: 165.8 (+/-2lbs)

not be bad, the day before I was around 167 too, so I am glad I didn't put any weighted on considering I had a Wendy's cheeseburger for supper that other day, and last night I ate Tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa. We will see what the scale says later today.
  • epurucker82
    epurucker82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm part of this crazy bunch of people as well...it started years ago but I find that if I don't weigh daily that I slip into old habits quick. My doctor has researched a lot about weight loss and has read that people who are have gene's that are prone to weight gain it's actually better to weigh daily. Not only weigh yourself but tell someone and write it down. I keep a chart of my weight that I keep up on a board that my husband can read daily. It just keeps me moving and I hate to see even a 2oz gain even though I know that it's just a flux...but it keeps me moving. I just want to get this dam weight off this time and I want to run a marathon in my 30's. I just want that feeling of saying I'm going to do it and finish it!!! :smile:
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    Getting on the scale first thing in the morning keeps me motivated and keeps me on track. The only times in my life where I have gained any appreciable amount of weight have been when I haven't been getting weighed daily.

Getting weighed every morning keeps me focused. I love to see the numbers drop, but even if they don't, or even if they go up it doesn't bother me. I keep track of my daily number and then every Wednesday I add up all the numbers for the week, divide by 7 and that's my average weight for the week. The individual numbers fluctuate; that average number doesn't. Looking at those averages, every week I lose between 1.6 and 1.8 lbs.
  • meli_ssa4
    Options
    That is a really great idea to get your average for the week. I think I will try that and see how things are going.
  • plumnbagel
    plumnbagel Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Soooo close to getting below the 2-buck mark; today's weigh-in 200.1. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. :)
  • elliejmoore
    elliejmoore Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I feel more normal to know there are others like me about!! xxx
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Mandy, married no human children but I do have two dogs :)
    Weighing in every day is the only way I keep on track. I used to weigh in once a week but when I did that I was only good the few days before because I knew I didn't have to face the scale the next day. I understand that weight fluctuates from day to day but seeing a gain on the scale pushes me to work extra hard that day. I haven't lost very much weight but I am still working on it day by day.
  • gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Gwyn. I have a husband, married almost 3 years this april. And two children (7 and almost 6). I weigh myself everyday to hold myself accountable. I know for some it doesnt work. But for me it does !:)
  • Angierae81
    Angierae81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Daily weigh ins have know meaning...no significant value. They are minor fluctuations that reflects mostly water weight and not sustainable progress.

Yea, but I still do it :smile:
  • elliejmoore
    elliejmoore Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    today - 181.75lb
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm Tandi, working mom of 2 young girls, almost 4 and 6 months. I weigh myself at least every morning...just to see. At first it was in hopes of seeing progress. As I got into this a little further and started monitoring my diet more I could correlate my sodium levels with a next-day increase in weight (water retention). It's been interesting, and it really does help me stay a little more focused on logging. Progress, even if it is 0.1 ot 0.2 lbs is always encouraging to see. However, I do not "weigh in" to MFP every day...that's only once weekly so I can keep tabs on the overall trend.

Feel free to add me! I'm typically at my desk quite a bit so I lurk around probably more than I should...lol
  • stefftastic
    stefftastic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am also a daily weight in person. I am 23 full time college student, I am a mother a 6 year old little girl. I weight myself daily to hold myself accountable to make sure I stick to my weight-loss goal. And when I don’t see the scale move I know I’m still losing inches or gaining muscle. Yesterday I weighted 228.2 today I weight 226.4 very proud of losing 1.8lbs. However I only log my weight into MFP weekly or bi-weekly sometimes. It’s nice to know I am not the only one who weights in daily. Feel free to added me (:
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    I like weighing in every morning, I think it's great and keeps Me on track.
    last month or two I neglected it & sure enough I gained back 10 pounds. So for me weighing in every day is important. I understand the scale fluctuates from eating to much sodium one day & retaining water to just simply body changes either menopause or period cycles. A pound or 2 difference from day to day is No big deal, I don't dwell on it. But that does keep you motivated to stay on track when you see it go up.
    I don't see why people get so upset, Of course the scale will read different from morning, lunch & dinner. I always weigh less in the morning than I do after eating all day. So I make it a habit of weighing in every morning.

I do think I need to put a new battery in my scale :laugh: because two days ago it read 146 & the next morning it read 143 & now today it read 140. LOL!!! :laugh: I wish it was true!!
    But I was down to my smallest at 130 pounds about a month ago and I forgot the scale & watching my food intake & I quickly gained 10 pounds back. So it's back to the scale for me.

If getting on the scale is depressing & upsetting for some than it's time to get serious, It's not the scales fault. Your just eating to much & exercising to little. The scale is only telling you to step up & do something about it :wink:

:drinker: YAY for the scale
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Oh! By the way :wink:

My name is Teresa, I'm married 25 years to a wonderful husband. We have No children but we do have three dogs & a quaker parrot.
    I live in Pompano Beach, Florida. I'm 49 yrs old & I have a small cleaning service buisness.

I weigh 140 this morning, So i'll see what tomorrow brings. I might have to get a battery replacement this weekend :bigsmile:
    I'm hoping to get back down to 130 pounds by the end of March. That is my Goal weight 130

I started MFP Nov 2010 & I lost 70 pounds within a year. Its time to keep it off & then maintain it.

Good Luck to you all! :flowerforyou:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    yesterday: 130.2
    today: 129.2 (-1.0)