• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    yesterday: 130.4
    today: 130.0 (-.4)
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at least once a day. Maybe 3 times on during the work week. Once I get up in morning. Once when I get home from work & once before bed. I find that I can usually count on weighing 2 lbs. less in the morning that I do before bed. I like to keep track. Today I was 1/2 lbs. up. Although disappointed, I know that it is not real because I followed the diet exactly yesterday. However, to be sure, I will eat a little bit less today. This works for me.

What you said.
    I do wish I could say it works for me always, but I'm working on it.
  • daisydieter
    Options
    yesterday: 195lbs
    today: 195lbs

I've been tracking my calorie deficit, and if my sodium is low (so I don't retain water), and I hit the magic number (negative 3500 reach a pound of weight loss), the scale does show this.
  • meli_ssa4
    Options
    yesterday: 166.9
    today: 165.4 (+/- 1.5)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    yesterday: 130.0
    today: 129.8 (-.2)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Back up to 207 due to binge eating disorder, am trying to get back to 204 where I was before I sabotaged myself. And want to be 199 by Valentine's Day.
  • meli_ssa4
    Options
    Starting weighted: 175
    yesterday 165.4
    today: 165.0 (-.4)

slowly losing... I am glad I am seeing things progress, if I didn't I would have quit by now. I am the type of person who just wants it it done now, I know realistically that isn't going to happen and keep trying to tell myself, I need time. Only 25lbs more to go til I reach my goal.
  • daisydieter
    Options
    Starting weighted: 175
    yesterday 165.4
    today: 165.0 (-.4)

slowly losing... I am glad I am seeing things progress, if I didn't I would have quit by now. I am the type of person who just wants it it done now, I know realistically that isn't going to happen and keep trying to tell myself, I need time. Only 25lbs more to go til I reach my goal.

Slow progress is hard for this impatient person too. But do know intellectually slow progress is GOOD. And way to go with only 25 more pounds to go!

Yesterday's Weight: 195
    Today's Weight: 195

At least I'm not going up!
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    last night 146
    this morning 144
  • MamaLutt
    MamaLutt Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 28 year old (sort of...turning 29 tomorrow) wife and mother of two. I started dieting and exercising on December 28. I was diagnosed with prediabetes that day and it was a huge wake-up call for me. Diabetes is rampant in my family and after two pregnancies with gestational diabetes, hearing "prediabetes" scared me into changing my lifestyle. I've gone from being completely sedentary and constantly overeating to being very active and tracking every single thing that I put into my body.

I weigh in every morning and night. I can tell by my nighttime readings whether I'll show a loss the following day, so I often use this reading to determine whether I'm going to throw in an extra workout. Weighing in daily also helps me track which foods are beneficial to my diet. For example, eating two small slices of thin crust pepperoni pizza made me gain 3 pounds! So now I know that if I eat pizza, I'm going to retain some water for a day or two. This sort of info keeps me going and helps me avoid becoming discouraged.

I'm 6'0" tall and started out at 255. Today, I'm 229. (Big day! I'm officially below my pre-baby #2 weight!) I checked the BMI charts today and I have to lose 9 more pounds before I'm "just" overweight instead of obese. Kind of a downer initially, especially since I don't feel like I look obese, but now I'm just that much more motivated to work hard and get this weight off!

My initial goal is 184 because that will get me into a "normal" weight for my height. This is the goal that I have my ticker set to. I'm waiting until I reach the normal weight range to make a determination about what my final goal weight is. I know my body is very different now after having two kids than it was when I was 18, so I'm really not sure what my final goal will be!

I would love to have more friends here on MFP, so please feel free to add me!
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join your group.
    SW- 191 lbs
    2/9/2012 thursday- 187lbs
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm marie. i'm 34, married, have 2 kids (4 year old girl and 2 year old boy). i like to read, take the kids to the zoo and park whenever it is warm enough and I would like to start to do some runs and marathons in the area this year.

I like to weigh myself daily to make sure that I am staying on track and if I need to adjust what I am eating.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 209
    yesterday 195.5
    today: 195.9 (+0.4)

yesterday we had take out for lunch not a good choice. oh oh well today will be better.
  • candacedon
    candacedon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself every day and have been since high school. I'm 57 years old, 5/7" and currently 142 lbs. I small boned and have always maintained my weight pretty easily. I used to weigh in the mid 130s. However, over the past three or four years, I've noticed that not only does my weight not seem to stay level, I seem to gain about 4 to 5 lbs every six months that just won't come off anymore. When I hit 150 in December and none of my clothes fit anymore, I knew I had to do something.

I joined this group and since then have dropped 8 lbs. over 6 weeks. It's been slow and painful, but I feel like when I weigh myself in the morning and see that I haven't gained from the day before or maybe even lost a bit, it just makes my whole day. It helps me control what I eat that day and make good decisions that I know will positively impact the scale the next day because I don't want to have to lose those same 8 lbs. all over again. It's a shame to be so dependent on weight, but my mother is a former model so I was basically raised with a huge value on being super skinny and never gaining weight. My mom is 84 and still weighs what she did when she got married :(.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    yesterday: 129.8
    today: 129.6 (-.2)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Back up to 207 due to binge eating disorder, am trying to get back to 204 where I was before I sabotaged myself. And want to be 199 by Valentine's Day.

hang in there jane.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    welcome to all the new joiners. remember to come check back in with this thread daily for support and encouragement!
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    ugh it keeps going up but TOM is due
    last night: 146
    this morning 144.4
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    206.1 tonight! Yay me! Will be 205 in the morning and then possibly 204 soon. I really want to be under 200 by Valentines Day when we're going out and I will eat MANY calories at that dinner but it's worth it.
  • daisydieter
    Options
    Yesterday: 195
    Today: 194

Oh the joy of seeing a smaller number!