4 whole eggs?

Options

Replies

• junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol doesn't have as much to do with blood cholesterol as you think.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    No...eggs are not bad for you. If you like them...eat them.

How a body uses, reacts, responds to cholesterol is largely genetic. Do you have elderly relatives who have clogged arteries from high cholesterol? It maybe worth asking your family how their levels are.

Cholesterol nor saturated fat clogs the arteries...........

Clogged arties come from this chronic inflammation from refined carbs.
    Too much insulin circulating in the bloodstream and intracellular tissues creates inflammation. Inflammation is now being implicated as the cause of numerous health problems including heart disease, arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and atherosclerosis (clogged arteries). Inflammation is a cellular reaction to an excess of insulin. The real cause of the problem is the excess consumption of refined carbohydrates.

http://www.drtindall.org/Sugar - Refined Carbs.htm
  • Eandretta96
    Options
    Yeah guys dietary cholesterol doesnt directly affect overall cholesterol.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the posters. The only real consideration with eggs is cholesterol. I would eat 1 or 2 whole eggs plus 2-3 egg whites. I've cut down to 1 whole + 3 egg whites and find no less taste. Plus lots of protein and low fat!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    The yolks are the bit you need to be careful about... 4 whole eggs every day is excessive...4 whole eggs a week... acceptable.

4 eggs a week? LOL I'm guessing that when cooked with other stuff and just eggs that I eat whole I probably eat 2 dozen a week without even thinking about it, sometimes up to 3 dozen if I'm baking (paleo/low carb baking mind you). My last cholesterol test was better than text book perfect too. Eggs have 0 bearing on your overall cholesterol level.

I was LOL'ing when I read that 4 whole eggs a week is acceptable.

Some days I eat upwards of 6 or 8 eggs a day. Omelette in the morning and boiled or devilled for snacks. Yolk and all. My cholesterol is on the low side now that I have ditched the sugar, grains and legumes.
  • PattyfromToledo
    PattyfromToledo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Eggs are GOOD for you! Eat away.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I eat hard boiled eggs almost every day it is the only thing that helps with my pain during TOM
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs are not as bad as we once thought, but I still limit them just because I don't want to blow my calories, so on free day I eat 4 whole eggs with home fries. I heard Jack LaLanne say to toss out the yokes, and for years I did, but no more!

I LOVE deviled eggs too.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Yeah, for my heart health I go for egg whites mostly with one whole egg a day. It's a personal choice. Just know your risk factors and it shouldn't be a problem. Eggs aren't bad for you, but the yolks do contribute a lot of fat and cholesterol.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    "Clogged arties come from this chronic inflammation from refined carbs."

The above is true. However, arteries can become clogged for many reasons...genetic response to cholesterol is one reason.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Most of the protein is in the white so maybe do 2 yolks and 4 whites?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    "Clogged arties come from this chronic inflammation from refined carbs."

The above is true. However, arteries can become clogged for many reasons...genetic response to cholesterol is one reason.

Most high cholesterol that is genetic comes from eating too little cholesterol not too much.

90% of the cholesterol is made by the body. If we eat more, the body has to make less, therefore lower serum cholesterol.

I know this from a family member that lowered her cholesterol by eating more cholesterol.

Statins are horrible and should be avoided at all costs.
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    I've heard that whole eggs are bad for your cholesterol and I've also heard eggs can actually help reduce your bad cholesterol. You should go get your cholesterol checked and continue eating the eggs then have it rechecked in a month and see what happens. Personally, I love having eggs everyday. Yolk and all.
  • zakkthebear
    zakkthebear Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    3 eggs + 9 egg whites for breakfast, same for dinner. daily. my cholesterol levels are actually low according to my December blood work, doc wants them up a bit.

every body is different, find what works for you. the fats are going to help test synthesis, especially if you're dieting and doing weight training like you should.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    "Most high cholesterol that is genetic comes from eating too little cholesterol not too much.

90% of the cholesterol is made by the body. If we eat more, the body has to make less, therefore lower serum cholesterol.

I know this from a family member that lowered her cholesterol by eating more cholesterol.

Statins are horrible and should be avoided at all costs."

True all true! And yes, stay away from statins.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Too much insulin circulating in the bloodstream and intracellular tissues creates inflammation. Inflammation is now being implicated as the cause of numerous health problems including heart disease, arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and atherosclerosis (clogged arteries). Inflammation is a cellular reaction to an excess of insulin. The real cause of the problem is the excess consumption of refined carbohydrates.

Hard to take his sugar fear mongering too seriously when he posts garbage like this
    THE BODY HAS ONLY TWO PLACES IT CAN STORE EXCESS SUGAR: THE LIVER, AS GLYCOGEN, OR AS FAT

Yes, that’s right. The unused sugar is stored as fat and the hormone that does this is insulin, and the pancreas always releases insulin when one eats carbohydrates/sugar. Therefore, if you are not very physically active when you eat refined carbohydrates, you will store any excess as fat. Additionally, the consumption of refined carbohydrates, by definition, means you are not obtaining adequate minerals to maintain normal cellular functions especially those associated with sugar metabolism and management.
  • vaugdds
    vaugdds Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think one of the main elements of a successful long term diet is to incorporate a variety of foods in each meal. 4 eggs for breakfast every day sound pretty dull to me. Are you willing to do that for the rest of your life to maintain your weight loss?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

Hard to take his sugar fear mongering too seriously when he posts garbage like this
    THE BODY HAS ONLY TWO PLACES IT CAN STORE EXCESS SUGAR: THE LIVER, AS GLYCOGEN, OR AS FAT

Yes, that’s right. The unused sugar is stored as fat and the hormone that does this is insulin, and the pancreas always releases insulin when one eats carbohydrates/sugar. Therefore, if you are not very physically active when you eat refined carbohydrates, you will store any excess as fat. Additionally, the consumption of refined carbohydrates, by definition, means you are not obtaining adequate minerals to maintain normal cellular functions especially those associated with sugar metabolism and management.

It is not fear mongering when it is the truth...............

I guess you would call my Endocrinologist a fear mongerer too. He says the same thing and is one of the TOP Metabolic Endocrinologists in the United States.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

It is not fear mongering when it is the truth...............

I guess you would call my Endocrinologist a fear mongerer too. He says the same thing and is one of the TOP Metabolic Endocrinologists in the United States.

So what about skeletal muscle glycogen stores? they don't exist in your endo's fantasy world either?
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options

So if I eat my adequate fat and protein, does that mean I can also fill in my diet with fecal matter?