Age distance between your children?

Options
sassyshook
sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
If you have children what is the age of your children or what is the distance in years in between each child? I have a 10 year old and have not been able to get pregnant again since and I dont see it happening any time soon. The way I see it I only have about 8 years left before my child now, is grown and on to college and to think I would have to start all over when he is about 11 or 12 just doesnt sound like a good plan. My children would be 12 to 13 years apart.

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    mine are 3 years apart. I, however am 10 years younger than my next oldest sibling, and 17 years younger than my oldest sibling!
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    13, 10........................1.............second marriage...new baby. It's GREAT. My big kids adore the baby.
  • apena_06
    Options
    My kiddo is 7 years old and I feel the same way you do. I want more kids but I don't see it happening anytime soon. I would like to have another before she's 10 but I'm not sure if that's in the cards for me. I wish you luck but trust me, you are not alone!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have a 17 year old, a 12 year old, and my littlest will be 4 in a few days. My split is 5 years and 8 years.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I know someone who has a 32 year old and a 9 year old. Don't ask! LOL
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Six years between my boys.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    3 years, 3 weeks and 3 days :)

between my 7.5 year old boy and my 4.5 year old girl
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Mine are 3 years apart. My stepson and my oldest daughter are 2 years difference. Mine kids are almost 13, 11, 8, and 5. :)
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't have a child (i'm 18) but my bother and I are about 15 months apart. I have a friend where she is 10 years older then her youngest brother.
    One of my friend's parents had her children 15 years apart.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My girls are 13 and 15. However, I am 9 years younger than my brother and 13 years younger than my sister. I always thought it was cool to have older siblings. We NEVER fought and they spoiled the heck out of me. LOL. When I was a teen, they were already out of the house, but, as I became an adult, we hung out more since we were all pretty much on the same "level".
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have a 23 year old and an 11 year old, so my oldest daughter was 12 when I had my youngest. Honestly, if I would have waited one more year, and found out how hard having a 13 year old was, I wouldn't have had another..LOL
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    My children are 14,13,10,6, and 3 and I'm ready to have one more. It all depends on how you feel about it.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have 3 sons. They are each 22 months apart. 6, 4.5, and almost 3.

Pretty good distance, b/c they still enjoy playing with each other.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Keep this in mind though you will be second for much longer, if that doesn't bother you than there's really no negative affect to having kids far apart. Just make sure you speak with your doctor first about risked based on age (idk you age).
    My boyfriend is 19 and his little sister just turned 5. The three of us have THE best time together plus he helped raise her.

=]
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    16 months. I wanted them close together so basically I could do the diaper, car seat, baby paraphernalia things at the same time. I only intended on having two. Plus I wanted them to be close.
  • tanjonmom2
    Options
    My sons are five years and three months apart 11 and 6. I often tell people they are the best of friends and worst of enemies. But no one better mess with the other one cause they will stick up for eachother till there last breath.
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    One of my friend's parents had her children 15 years apart.

^^^^^^ that will probably end up being me.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My son will be 13 in March, my daughter turned 5 in November.....we had issues getting pregnant between them because of PCOS.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I know someone who has a 32 year old and a 9 year old. Don't ask! LOL

You just described my husband's family. He is 33 and he has a half-brother that is 13 (same age as our son!) Actually our son is 2 months OLDER than his uncle (my husband's brother) lol...again, second marriage, younger wife.
  • nilesbollinger
    nilesbollinger Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old son, 2 year old daughter, and a third due in June. My son is 2yrs, 3mo older than my daughter. My daughter will be approximately 2.5 years older than baby #3. Good luck to you!