Age distance between your children?

Options

Replies

• Diltz02
    Options
    My son & daughter are 3 (soon to be 4) and 2...they are 19 1/2 months apart : )
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    My two children our 2 and a half year apart. How ever I know have a 5 year old brother. My mom decided to have a second family late in life so it runs like this 31,30,(27 deceased) 24, then 7 and 5 . My daugher is older than her aunt and my son is 1 month younger than his uncle. Even funnier my sister , mother and I were all pregnant together . My niece and my son are 4 hours apart :blushing:
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I think it has more to do with how YOU handle it than anything.

My kids are 2.5 years apart. So are my brother and I. DH's family, on the other hand... they are 39, 35, 28 and 25. The first two were adopted, the next two were biological. He did find some downsides to the big age spread; he was in junior high when the youngest was born, and he was in college while his younger siblings were still in grade school. So he found it hard to really develop a relationship with them until they were all older. But I think that has more to do with a family's unique dynamic more than any general rule.

One option could be adoption, if you do want more kids but don't want such a big age gap. They have a hard time finding people willing to adopt kids older than 1-2 years old, because it seems everyone wants a baby.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Well since I have no kids I can say there is quite a distance between me and my brother!

I am 20, turning 21 this year and he is 10 xD

He has a shirt that says "class of 2020" lol!!
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have a 23 year old and an 11 year old, so my oldest daughter was 12 when I had my youngest. Honestly, if I would have waited one more year, and found out how hard having a 13 year old was, I wouldn't have had another..LOL

I hear you!! Mine are 10 years apart and having an almost 6 year with an almost 16 year old, well some days there just isn't enough Calgon!
  • natalie1994x
    Options
    im 18 my sister is 14 my brother is 11 and my other sister is 2, its not really that big an age gap
  • lilly2709
    Options
    my son is 6 and my daughter is 2
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    3 children 3 years apart.......I miss having had more children I would of if i could. they are 28, 24 and 21
  • chicklidell
    Options
    I have 6, 8, 14, 16, 18, and 2 20yr old twin boys. 1 grandchild who is 2!!! I wouldn't base my decision on having another child on the worry of them being too far apart, adult children offer a tremendous amount to younger siblings!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    18 months between #1 and #2, 20 months between #2 and #3.

It's a lot of work, especially since #3 is only 4 weeks old, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My oldest two are best friends and love playing together. They were holding hands while we were shopping the other day and it was the sweetest, cutest thing ever. They absolutely adore each other and they already love our newest baby. Once she's old enough to play with them the cute factor is going to be through the roof!

I couldn't imagine having a bigger gap between them. Even waiting 3 or 4 years felt like it would mean starting over for us. While having two in diapers isn't always easy it's nice that we haven't gotten out of the "baby phase" yet. There's nothing we have to re-learn, things don't change that much in 3 1/2 years.
  • Koiles
    Koiles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've got 14 months (unplanned) between my two boys. Hard work at the start, but definitely worth it now they're 2 and 1.
  • andreacord
    Options
    I'm not a mother, but I'm 19 and my sister's almost 3 years younger than me and then my brother is six years younger than me, and then my sister is 3 years older than my brother.
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    hiya

my oldest child is 23, next one is 19 and my baby is 10 years old
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have twin boys-Age 8 and a daughter that is almost 4. So about 3.5-4years age distance...
  • Julaaro
    Options
    I have a 14 y.o. boy and a 3 y.o. girl and it is the best situation! I do not think I could have had them close together. The oldest helps out so much and my daughter adores her big brother. I would not stress about the age difference b/t your children. Big age gaps can be a blessing! :)
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    15,12,5,1 Girl the 12 yr old loves the 1 yr old but wants to strangel the 5yr old and the 15yr old likes no one!

LOL how true!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    My stepson is almost 19. My husband and I have been tryign to get pregnant for 4 years. If you and your husband ar eon teh same page I think startign over could be great. But I have only been a mom since my son was 13 so I don't know exactally how you feel. My husband and I hope to have 2 more. I plan to start trying for my 2nd 6mo after I have my first. Burt we'll see.
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I only have 1 child but my sister is 14 and Im 26 and its just us
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have 5 children this is their ages 24, 20, 15, 6 & 2. So 22 years between the eldest and youngest.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    well I'm 20, bro is 24, sis is 31(or 32), half sisters are (37, 39)