What motivated you to begin your weighloss journey?

Options

Replies

• sauntryk
    sauntryk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My weight loss motivation; going to the doctor and her telling me my BMI was borderline obese.....I was in shock, overweight, I know but OBESE....Gosh...I think I stressed about it so much I gained 10 lbs...Christmas didn't help....then with that 10 lbs, I know I'm obese now... this hurts.
    My ARMS are large.... I never had a heavy upper body in my life!!! This makes it really hard to look in the mirror, or what to do anything....
    I hate the thought of being described as; "the fat one" or "you know the short fat chick that would be pretty if she lost weight..." ERRG! Just not happy at all
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    DSC01656.jpg

This picture is the picture that motivated me to start my journey. I never realized how big I was until I saw this picture.
  • 5thanddes
    5thanddes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When it started getting harder to sing and get through playing a show with my band. It's funny, I always knew I was overweight, but I was "ok" with it for some reason. Then I saw pictures of me on stage and started thinking, is this what people want to see??? I sure as heck didn't like it, so others probably wouldn't either. Now that I am 1 month into my lifestyle change I have come to realize it is not about what others think about me when they see me in person or on stage. It's about how I feel on the inside. And I feel GREAT! Lose weight or not, this is a lifestyle change for me and I plan on sticking with it!!! :)
  • sharonucd
    Options
    my clothes getting tighter and i have NO business buying new clothes...esp bigger ones!!!
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    i was tired of not doing things with my kids...i hated how my clothes fit and how i looked and felt...i couldnt stand how people would be like your so pretty you look good so on and so forth, knowing that i didnt fell like what they were saying.....
  • tatertotfishstick
    tatertotfishstick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow my mom is having surgery number 2 for breast cancer. She is also an insulin dependant diabetic and on a heart transplant list. I turn 30 in 2 months... it's time to take control of my life... I don't want her life. I want to feel great and be healthy... I want to be able to run around with my grandchildren, something my mom can't do.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Tired of feeling sick and tired and not being able to tie my own shoes......Now I can place my palms flat on the floor and tie my shoes to go RUNNING!! Love it! :flowerforyou:
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Bad health reports from 3 doctors, seeing myself in the mirror sitting waiting for the doctors and a lot of bad health history in my family. I need to do this for me now!!!!
  • Sarw27
    Sarw27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Some jerk on a bicycle riding down the sidewalk tried to mow me over then called me a fat pig. I'm fat, but I'm not a pig! That was it for me.
  • struggeling53
    struggeling53 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Going to doctors and finding out I was almost morbidly obese.people showing me old pictures, only to see how big i have gotten. Not being able to look at pictures. Finally admitting some of my relationship issues were likely due in part to my weight. Im not happy heavy, and my health is not good at this weight. I need to be happy with me, i dont want to be skinny, just healthy and to feel better. I want to live to be an old happy granny.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Some jerk on a bicycle riding down the sidewalk tried to mow me over then called me a fat pig. I'm fat, but I'm not a pig! That was it for me.

:noway: I'm sorry.....people can be so cruel :flowerforyou:
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I noticed my face was getting fatter so I started out by quitting soda. That was also because I'd been sick so I was trying to just drink water since I was tired of being ill. After that I weighed myself on Halloween and realized I was 15 lbs heavier than I'd been in March. Around that time my old jeans didn't fit and my only pair of jeans that did fit ripped when I was playing a Kinect game. I'd had enough and knew I had to lose what I gained. Now I'm just focused on changing my lifestyle. I'm 5 lbs away from being a "healthy" weight and I'm ready to lose what I've gained in college. I have old jeans I want to wear, dang it!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Looking at pictures of me from a couple years go, and looking at them now. Also, needing more energy for my two boys. I want to get back into my size 6 clothes!
  • Seros1992
    Seros1992 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've always WANTED to lose weight. I've always TRIED to lose weight. Been to Weight Watchers and Curves..... didn't work. I've always been the chubby kid. I don't ever remember being a normal height or weight for my age - i was either too tall and too fat or too short and too fat. After being aware of this for almost 13 years, I finally met someone. Someone who understood me and loved me and will always love me no matter what I looked like. His dream was to get into the Air Force but he was over the weight limit, so what did he do? He took charge and lost I'd say a good 30 lbs. I met him after he completed this goal. During basic, he dropped another 20lbs. At that time, I realized I was 30lbs heavier and an entire foot shorter than him. It didn't seem right. Still doesn't seem right with him being 10lbs lighter than me now.... Long story short, I can't be the person he sees. I can't be the "little sexpot" he believes I am.... My thighs distract me. So does every roll of my stomach and the way my hips jiggle. The fact that he sees this INSIDE me has finally kicked me hard enough to change what he see inside me to what the world can see.

Love is a powerful thing. And it's the greatest motivation.
  • lexik09
    lexik09 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The thing that motivated me to get healthy and lose the weight is my father. At the age of 28 my father was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes which that age is only 2 years away for me. My dad's heart failed 10 years ago due to the diabetes and needed a triple bypass open heart surgery. Recently because of my dad's diabetes and not properly taking care of himself and taking control of his life, both of his kidneys failed and lived on dialysis for 9 months before my mom gave him a kidney. My inspiration is i refuse to end up like my father. Also, I want to set a good example for my 2 girls. I blame me being overweight on my parents because they didnt know worth a damn about nutrition. Remembering back to when I was young, my mom would pick of dinner at taco bell, wendys, mc donalds, order out for pizza, or chinese, etc. about 3-6 times a week. On days where my parents wouldnt order out all my mom made was chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, corn dogs, encore dinners, pot pies. Nothing was ever homemade or my mom never made anything with veggies. I want to prove to myself that I CAN do it! I have been heavy my entire life and at my heaviest i was 335 and wore a size 24. Now (even after 2 babies) I am 258lbs and back in my size 17's. I can wear my old wardrobe and I can say goodbye to my fat clothes forever because Im never looking back! I hope this inspired at least one of you and you make the decision to take your life by the kahunas and turn your life around for the better! :) I did and I'm 110% happier!
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    Options
    I woke up one morning. I looked at myself, on November 1st. And I said... I'm going to do this. From that day forward, I never looked back.
  • Richellebeatle
    Richellebeatle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My boyfriends friend called me a "big girl" I felt embarrassed for myself and him. I have gained over 50lbs since we have been together. Time for a change!
  • teresab46970
    teresab46970 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You said it!!!!
  • janetvbuchanan
    Options
    Because I'm just sick of being self-conscious wearing shorts or a swimsuit. Because one of my friends convinced me to train for a half marathon. Because I want to come home from college and surprise everyone :)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I gained weight when i went off to college because I was too thin but......... I was in a pretty much was in a very sad relationship and I emotionally ate... I got bigger and bigger and gained over 50 pounds... July 6th 2011 is the day after I broke up with my ex boyfriend and ran on the beach for hours.... Since then I've been serious about actually getting healthy.. Then when I looked back at old pictures I was only big when I was in a relationship. I am more than determined to get to my goal weight. I learned a valuable lesson and I will never again let a relationship cause me to gain weight like that again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!