What motivated you to begin your weighloss journey?

Options

Replies

• meaghan2012
    meaghan2012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my young daughter and wanting to set an example for her. My husband and I are trying for baby number 2 and we are having difficulty, so I am losing weight for that. My biggest motivation is not wanting to be this weight anymore and to be healthy. I am 31 and no longer wanting my life like this.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    Very simply, I got dumped. And the advice was to "delete facebook and hit the gym" lol! But I've always needed to lose weight, so hopefully this is the motivation that sticks with me :)
  • dee74
    dee74 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I truly thought if I do not do something now my wife will be a widow and my daughter will not have her daddy before 2012. I started working out and counting calories in December of 2010. It took me about 90 days to drop my first 50 pounds using Power 90. My first goal is almost achieved, the charts say I need to lose another 60 pounds but I will be satisfied with 30 more for my next goal.
  • drowninginatowel
    Options
    Buying the biggest size of jeans they had to offer in the store and they were still too tight :embarassed: :sad: :embarassed: :grumble: :indifferent:
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I want to have kids one day and being healthy to begin with is major. Also my family has health issues and i would like to avoid if possible. Also, i want to encourage my husband to get healthy as well. ive been heavy the last 4 years and i dont like it, i was always small till 2008. Its just time to stop being depressed about my past and moving on and be happy. I realize I deserve to be a better me and who doesnt want to be able to wear whatever they want :bigsmile:
    oh and the fat comments from family are a pain in the *kitten*, like i didnt notice i put on some dangon weight.
  • ButtercupSprad
    Options
    I think I began my journey when I found myself buying bigger clothes and being content with going to the register to pay for them. I refuse to be content with buying bigger jeans.......(I WILL NOT get in that mode anymore)
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Was Tired of Being Called The Fat Friend, Fat Sister, Fat Cousin, Fat Wife, Ect..... :frown:
    But My Motivation to keep going and Lose the weight is <
    right there in My profile Picture!! Love My Babies❤
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Depression! Got tired of not liking my reflection!
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and have HIGH cholesterol. My father died of a heart attack because he had extremely high cholesterol (plus, he was thin), and I don't want to go down that road. So I decided to make changes to become healthier. Plus I'm tired of having a squishy mid-section. And...I don't like how I look in my birthday suit. haha.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My health I just wanted to feel better
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Seeing pictures of me at 218 lbs. I looked like I had been injected with some kind of puffy stuff. Lookin' at my size 18W pants on the bed and thinking how huge they were also had a little something to do with it.
  • lenatilde
    Options
    I need to lose weight before I can be considered for funding to undergo IVF.

While this isn't the whole story, the fact that my weight is now the only thing standing between not being able to have a baby and the real possibility of being a mum shocked the (substantially sized) pants off me enough to try to do something about it.

I have an awesome fiance who loves me for who I am - who tells me I'm beautiful and means it. This is ace, and I love him immensely, but I want to feel it for myself - I want to wake up and go 'hey man, looking good!'.

I want to wear a wicked 1950s sundress for our wedding, I want to be able to run around Scotland with my mum when we go for her clan's gathering without using a cane, I want to get back to playing extreme amounts of hacky-sack with the boys.

Baby steps.
  • Hotmess2012
    Options
    Time for a change!!! Started this with my Best friend of 13 years "Happybunny" (log-in) almost a month ago. We don't live close to each other so it's a great way to support each other!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and have HIGH cholesterol. My father died of a heart attack because he had extremely high cholesterol (plus, he was thin), and I don't want to go down that road. So I decided to make changes to become healthier. Plus I'm tired of having a squishy mid-section. And...I don't like how I look in my birthday suit. haha.

A lot of folks have a genetic predisposition to high cholesterol. Sadly, most don't find out until much too late in life.

Good for you for taking care of yourself!
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    A bunch of things but a big one was the day I dropped my purse in the floorboard of the car and went to bend sideways to grab it and realized I couldn't.. there was too much of me in the way. I decided right then "oh heck no, this can't keep on going like this" and started taking it off pound by pound..
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just feeling totally uncomfortable in my own skin! I want to feel good about myself again before I hit the big 50 in a little over a year! I want to be under 200lbs again for good this time!
  • haj0808
    haj0808 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had two damn..is this really me moments. One I saw myself on a video tape and Before I saw it I thought I was cute..and the truth was I was just really fat..regardless..The second is someone I cared about blurred out in a moment of anger.. that I was fat and undesirable compared to other women! That moment..I felt so small..inside.I never felt that person felt that way about me. But they did. The good thing is I knew who I was and it was a damn shame they couldn't see it. Now I'm ready to back up the *kitten* I talk. If these people really can't see pass my weight.. I can loss it. But I will forever see passed them.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Doctor said to me "you are pre-maturely aging your cardiovascular system". First time in my life ( I am 57) I have ever heard that my cholesterol was high. So I fixed that. Lost 25 pounds in 4 months and am not going back to that ever again. All the blood numbers improved remarkably in a very short time despite the naysayers. I am still slightly over the BMI of 25, but that's not such a big deal. I feel like I am 40 something again. The diet changes have yielded a lot of benefits such as less aches and pains in joints. I read the stories of all the younger than me people with tremendous interest and see the yearning and at the same time encouragement and hope. We do need to be healthier as a country and need to do this one pound at a time, on our own as individuals. We will accomplish so much more in our future.
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    When I was 2lbs away from 200lbs, I decided I'd never be 200lbs. Pictures keep me motivated now. I want to look how I feel on the inside. There is a skinny girl in there somewhere!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Got tired of be achy all over every morning when getting out of bed. I felt like I had the body of an 80 year old.
    18 pounds later, I rarely ache, unless its from a workout the day before, and I don't mind that kind of sore!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!