WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2012

Options

Replies

• StillLonely
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have not weighed yet. I am trying to decide if I should have my weigh in day be Friday morning or Sunday morning. I have decided to make Sunday my free meal day. I will still log everything I eat and keep track but if I want something I will eat it on Sunday. I picked Sunday as the free meal day because if we are going to eat out, we are more likely to do so on Sunday after church and we eat out with others on that day... so I thought that would be a good day. I originally wanted to weigh in on Friday's but I think weighing in on Sunday morning before my free meal would give me the best results. I can hardly wait to weigh and see if I have lost anything... but then I am a little frightened to weigh because if I have not lost, or even worse, if I have gained, I will be so disappointed.

I am getting that water thing down. I drank 12 cups yesterday! I do not remember who it was on here that has lost over 100 pounds and she said to drink half of your body weight in ounces of water everyday. Since she has lost over a hundred pounds, it sounds like good advice to me. I just need to work my way up to that, it was difficult to drink 12 cups!

Any of you have "weigh in" anxiety?
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bleah. Got some sort of crud. Haven't eaten much of anything all day, but am staying hydrated so all will be well. Just want it to be soon, ya know? I'm such a BABY when I'm sick.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Enjoy reading your posts, I adore this group!
    Get better soon
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this 50+ club. I know that I got in late and am not following the rules but I have a question. I have lost 18 pounds and feel great.......but am back to having hot flashes and waking up at night and not getting back to sleep for a long time. Any suggestions?
  • yellowrose5321
    yellowrose5321 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Finding the new thread so I can read later!

Having a really great day, so far, today! Hope everyone else is too!:drinker: :drinker:

Linda
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I can't come out and play today; too much work. Maybe tomorrow? Mary
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Wow Nancy, 3 lbs!!! That's just wonderful, congrats! :flowerforyou:

Suz, your new pic is just beautiful. Your hair looks totally cute, and that smile, wowie! :bigsmile:

Virginia, hope you're feeling better! :flowerforyou:

Took the dogs out for an hour in a pelting rain/snow/wind storm, we got soaked but we're all safe and dry now in the comfort of our little abode. The dogs wear rain slickers on days like today, really helps at least keep their backs and sides dry. Undersides muddy muddy muddy. I go through dog towels like there's no tomorrow.

Off to work I go, have a great afternoon everyone. Enjoy your salads, drink your water! :drinker:

jb
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Meg, I love NCIS too. Okay, Mark Harmon is a cutie.... what does it say when the "cuties" are old guys? lol
    And one of my "loves" died today..... Davy from the Monkees. Man in Jr. High he was all that plus more.
    Now I REALLY feel old.

We need those 46 year olds to keep us young over here!

Went and got 10 Encore Azalea bushes to plant tomorrow. It was 70 degrees this morning when I got up so I probably should have planted them today. It might rain tomorrow, but it will still be warm. Think I'll head out and run this evening even though I hate running when everyone is home from work. I know, kind of funny but I like running in the early mornings when nobody is out and around and nobody sees me huffing and puffing. lol

Getting to hold the new grandbaby quite a bit, that 40 foot separation is a killer. lol (Our daughter and her husband live in our guest house on our property while they save money to buy a home.)

I *think* I'm down a pound, which would be the first pound in about six months (these last 12 pounds REFUSE to budge) but I'm not logging it until it's repeated for at least two weeks. My husband has gotten super motivated again. I lost 50 pounds and he lost 60 but he put about 15 back on just due to stress and lack of exercise. He's back to walking and tracking his food again. It's the tracking the food that really helps. Without it we justify so much of what we eat thinking we haven't had *that* much to eat.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have not weighed yet. I am trying to decide if I should have my weigh in day be Friday morning or Sunday morning.
    I weigh every day but when I was losing I would only "count" Monday. I found having my weekly weigh-in day be on a Monday kept me honest over the weekend. Doing it on Friday wouldn't. But probably the ideal time is mid week. I just didn't think I'd be as consistent with that as with Monday.
    am not following the rules
    Wait. There are rules?? :noway:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Rules??? Love your response, MacMadame...I didn't know there were "rules" either!?!:noway: :noway: :noway:

Meg: Congratulations on the scale moving!

Barbie: I love your new photo...you look great!:flowerforyou:

Suz: You too! I love the haircut! Keep us posted on the "clean" eating!

Nancy: Congrats on your nice loss too!

Virginia: So sorry you have the "crud". Hope it leaves you soon!:sick:

WELCOME to our new ladies, no matter what your age is! We're glad to have you!

Snowing, snowing, snowing!!!! It was windy skiing today and normally, I would have headed home sooner, but our guests are only here 3 ski days, so I stayed out with them. DH was so cold, I sent him home. I am happily home by the fire now. Supposed to go out to dinner tonight, but if the snow continues so heavily, we might need to stay in. (Rats...I was ready for a meal out!:grumble: )

Our oldest son and wife are expecting our 2nd Granddaughter any day now. Lyla turned 3 yesterday so they were happy not to have her share her birthday with her sister-to-be! We are excited and every time the phone rings, DH and I RUN to pick it up! I'll let you know when SHE ARRIVES:love::love: :love:

Take care, dear Ladies and see you on our March page tomorrow!:heart::heart: Kackie
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    WAIT A MINUTE! Who forgot to tell me there were rules!
    This changes the whole game.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Well I heard back... the "offer" at the new place wouldn't even let me pay my mortgage. So I said No.

Back to the drawing board.
  • kleinbuenstorf
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!:flowerforyou:

Can't believe another month has passed and I'm having trouble keeping up with everyone!!!:tongue::tongue:

More tomorrow!! Have a wonderful evening!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Desiree
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    Today has been busy so just saying a quick hello to all of you. Lots of great weight loss reports. Congrats! I'm thinking about all of you. I'll be checking in but won't have much time to post over the next week while I'm in Walnut Creek. We're having a 90th birthday party for my dad. We'll have "just" family, but all the family plus two who are like family, for a total of 53. I feel blessed by having such a big family who almost always all get along. On Sunday, we're having a shower for my niece (the family's growing and growing and growing!). I'll spend another couple of days down there then get back home to my own kitchen and all of you.
    :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: This will be a speedy post. We’re packing for a long weekend at a big event at a big hotel near Seattle and there’s lots to do. We pack some of our own food so the packing becomes more complicated. The hotel has a huge fitness center and I plan to make use of it. I’ll have my laptop but I won’t log food or exercise, just be smart and do the best possible job even with obligatory restaurant meals and long hours seated listening to presentations.

There are some “rules” on this thread
    1. Show up as much as you can
    2. Never, never, never give up
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
  • skkb326
    skkb326 Posts: 2
    Options
    :happy: Hi to all of you fabulous "over fifty" women! I would like to join in with you. I have been reading your posts (great job ladies) and like the rules that Barbie made for this thread! I will be back soon to post a picture and introduce myself properly. I just found the site tonight; I believe that it will help me to stay on track with healthy eating and excercise.

Bye for now.... Sandy
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Meg - You did great at the thank you party. Congrats on your loss

Welcome slim! Looking forward to hearing from you often

Robin - good luck to you. I know that you'll find a great job

MacMadame - good luck to you too. Sounds very promising. Scratch that -- something just for you will come along

realpure - 50 years of marriage -- now that's something to be real proud of. Not many couples make it that long

quilteryoyo - so glad you're here!

welcome Sandy! Can't wait to hear from you again.

Drove home today. Left around 9:15 got here about 6:15. Made good time. Next time when we go down, tho, I really want to stay longer. I loved having that pool! Lynette wants to come down, so I'm thinking mid-Sept. We'll come down earlier (turn on the electricity, plug in the refrigerator, turn on the water, things like that), then probably stay after they leave. I'm really looking forward to it. I did manage to get in 40 minutes of yoga, tho. Tomorrow I'll do a weight DVD.

Jessica is talking about going to see Bryan in May. I do want to see him, but I'd like to go to Italy and then go see him. Or maybe go see him and then go to Italy.

Nancy - so Land's End doesn't charge you to return the items? Guess you have to pay the postage, right?

Janice - awesome weight loss

Welcome stacymama

Suz - you are really really pretty. Let me know some of the things you did for your eating on the road. I sure can use more suggestions.Posting this, got lots of other things to do.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    We had a very windy day but temps in the 60`s,not bad for the last day of Feb.Tomorrow starts therapy.can`t wait to get back to my regular ex routine.
    Hope everyday had a good day!!
    HUGS
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Meg, I love NCIS too. Okay, Mark Harmon is a cutie.... what does it say when the "cuties" are old guys? lol
    And one of my "loves" died today..... Davy from the Monkees. Man in Jr. High he was all that plus more.

:glasses: I say any woman who doesn't think Harmon is a cutie needs glasses! :love: Davy Jones was my first celebrity crush. I too was saddened to read of his passing. He was only 66.

AND You never get too old to look or appreciate hunkie guys. I remember once I was sitting with my Moma in her dr's waiting room when she noticed a magazine with a head shot of George Clooney on the cover. She picked it up gave it a good looking over and exclaimed, "Who's that? He's PRETTY!" She was 88 :tongue:

:flowerforyou: Thanks everyone for the cudos on my updated profile photo. A professional photographer girlfriend took it. She has a real knack for chasing the light and knowing just when to click the shot. I never felt more beautiful than when she was taking these pictures.

Its been a productive day at my house. Laundry, including changing the bedding, entered all the trip destinations in my new gps, sprayed weeds popping up in the front yard, gave our inside dog her weekly bath, made a batch of clean chicken broth for the freezer, rode my bike and went to church.

Looking forward to tomorrow and the beginning of a new month of opportunities.
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Taking stock at the end of February (this is the easy part):

Heart Rate Monitor stats:
    35 hours 58 minutes of exercise
    (walking, running, circuit training, weight training, spin classes)
    11,035 calories burned

Nike iPod Ap stats:
    21 workouts, running or walking
    42.15 miles

Weight:
    February 1st 138 pounds
    February 29 132.5 pounds
    Down 5.5 pounds

Progress:
    New Rules of Lifting for Women Phase one, workouts 1 & 2
    Fastest mile: 10 min 19 sec
    Fastest 2 miles: 24 min 03 sec
    Fastest 3K 26 min 11 sec

Goals for March (This is the hard part, but I know you'll hold me to it):
    Exercise at least 35 hours.
    Run two miles in 20 minutes (treadmill), walk at lunch time when weather permits.
    Finish Phase One of New Rules, perfect my form doing lunges!
    Plan food during weekends and follow the plan.
    Make the bed, put away my clothes, leave the kitchen tidy.
    Stay cheerful when driving J’Boy to school, even when he's grouchy.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Nancy, the accounting of your accomplishments in February and the list of goals for March are awesome.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I am on my way to bed now :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: so I have started the new thread for March. :bigsmile:

Let's start posting there

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/509505-women-ages-50-for-march-2012