WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2012

Options
1751762yn44tgd0kc.gif

716668ezyf7bb20g.gif

Welcome to the thread that includes the most friendly, encouraging, supportive women.

:bigsmile: The title says Women Ages 50+ but all women are welcome.

:bigsmile: You can join just by posting.

:bigsmile: How did you do with your goals for January?

:bigsmile: What goals have you set for February?

:bigsmile: Some of us set weight loss goals and other have goals for exercise or changes in behavior or attitude.

:bigsmile: It’s a new month, a clean page on the calendar and today can be the day that you begin the change in your life that you’ve always wanted.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

February goals:
*walk the dogs for an hour or more every morning no matter how cold, wet, windy, or snowy.
* Yoga three days a week
*100 squats a day
*strength training two days a week (three would be better)

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif
"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just marking my spot ~ I will come back tomorrow with my goals. Good night, and happy February! Mary
  • determinedinAZ
    determinedinAZ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1751762yn44tgd0kc.gif

716668ezyf7bb20g.gif

Welcome to the thread that includes the most friendly, encouraging, supportive women.

:bigsmile: The title says Women Ages 50+ but all women are welcome.

:bigsmile: You can join just by posting.

:bigsmile: How did you do with your goals for January?

:bigsmile: What goals have you set for February?

:bigsmile: Some of us set weight loss goals and other have goals for exercise or changes in behavior or attitude.

:bigsmile: It’s a new month, a clean page on the calendar and today can be the day that you begin the change in your life that you’ve always wanted.

February goals:
    *walk the dogs for an hour or more every morning no matter how cold, wet, windy, or snowy.
    * Yoga three days a week
    *100 squats a day

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

Thank you for doing this! Have a good Feb 1!!!!
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting us started, Barbie.

My goals are to follow my exercise plan (gym 5 days a week with specific workout) and to plan food and log daily.

I'll be back!
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Marking my spot for now. My plan for Feb? - to get my sorry butt back on track.

Faye
  • AZDee
    AZDee Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Goal for February....15 lbs lost, it is leap year after all !!!
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Goals for February
    Up my exercise by 1 hour a week.
    Don't eat my extra calories, unless I'm on my 1st night of graveyard.
    Weigh less then I do now.
    Eat a green salad every day.
    Joyce
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help anyone with the menopause symptoms. I have hot flashes and night sweats if I eat foods with msg or foods with a lot of preservative.
    Everything is pretty much made at home. I regret when do eat out and I'm paying for it usually around 2 in the morning.
    Joyce
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hello all,

I’ve been following all the posts but haven’t much news to add. It’s great to read your “slice of life” stories and share the ups and downs of your days a little bit.

Congratulations to all you “losers”! :flowerforyou:

Travelin' Jackie If you cut and paste this link http://siderealtime.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-06-21T16:12:00-07:00&max-results=7 you'll find my blog of our Travel Year, August 2009 – August 2010. It’s kind of a pain to read because each time you go to “newer posts” it puts the most recent one at the top of the page, so you have to read from the bottom up if you want to get it in chronological order. The blog tells a little about our travels in China, Russia, Eastern Europe, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Morocco, Egypt, Jordan, Sri Lanka, India, Italy and Germany. That sounds like a lot, :noway: but there’s a lot more world left and we are itching to get back out there and explore. That’s one big incentive for me to stay fit! My ticker picture is from a 2000 year old Roman mosaic in Sicily.

Happy Holidays, Sue. :smile:

How was the “wogging”, JB?

Pam3, hope you make it to the gym soon. Thanks for the recipe. What’s “stevia? :huh:

Genealace, I can’t believe :huh: you’re still wrestling with a furnace problem. I sure hope the technician really was on his way and has been to your house to take care of you.

Germany – I wish I was going there, Desiree. :smile: We have visited Berlin and Playmobile Land (near Nernberg (can’t spell it)) and spent a week in a campsite in the Black Forest. Everything made me want to go back and explore more. When are you going?

Congratulations, DeterminedinA, you’re 8 pounds lighter and 8 pounds healthier too. :flowerforyou:

My goal for January was 25 hours of aerobic exercise. That’s 1,440 minutes. I made it to 1,530 :bigsmile: Go me!

February goal: Weight training 3x a week. Aerobic 6 x a week including 3 times interval training. I've got my spreadsheet up and running to record my workouts.

Rock on, ladies, rock on.

Hasta manana,

Nancy :yawn:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks for getting us started, Barbie. Time to set some goals for February. Good night.

Renny
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Hello, thanks for inviting me.
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Just marking my spot.....

Thanks for getting us started as usual Barbie.... or should I thank your mother's influence there for your being so organised:flowerforyou:

I am not nearly as organised as you are .... and I can't actually remember exactly what my specific goals were for January,,,, I think one of them was to drink more water.... I have been pretty good with that. And the scale has finally started to go down... but still ever so slowly....I can be eating really well and exercising and then just look sideways at a chocolate and the scale is back up (weeelll, maybe more than just LOOK at the chocolate:blushing: )

My goals for Feb..... well I don't want to be too ambitious and be let down....so lets just say I'd be happy with a loss of 2kg....and to keep jogging.

Best wishes to all, new and not so new....whether struggling or celebrating....:heart: Lisa:heart:
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Catching up on posts. So many are going through hard times. My heart goes out to you Jane. We are here to listen and encourage you in any way we can.

February goal for me is to loose 5 pounds. A feat, because all I seem to be doing is gaining. My husband joined me last month and has already lost 16 pounds! Inspiring and depressing at the same time.

Thank you for the tips on herbs to try for perimenopause. I will look for them at the health food store.

Whole family has a bad cold. Hoping sleep finds me soon. Good luck everyone meeting your February goals.
  • realpure
    Options
    I don't know if this will help anyone with the menopause symptoms. I have hot flashes and night sweats if I eat foods with msg or foods with a lot of preservative.
    Everything is pretty much made at home. I regret when do eat out and I'm paying for it usually around 2 in the morning.
    Joyce

Very interesting Joyce. Sleep is the one that is toying with me this week. All tips are so appreciated!!
  • realpure
    Options
    [
    :

February goals:
    * Yoga three days a week
    *100 squats a day

Love this Barbie! I am going to put these quotes on my refrigerator. :flowerforyou:
  • jedw31
    jedw31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I've managed to lose a stone in January so my goal for Feb is to lose 10 lbs
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Thank you for starting this topic...
    I think I posted a day or two ago...
    My goals for February are to get up to 8 cups of water every day, and to get out walking and moving about more, especially once the fracture clinic on Feb 9th give me the all-clear!
    Take care in the snow (if you're in the Northern hemisphere!!!)
    Cheers,
    Faith
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    My goal for Feb is to lose 5lbs! and get back to body pump classes realised yesterday that i have not been since November!
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi Barbie and all fellow ladies,

Well February is certainly a new month and the start of a whole new way of life for me following a hysterectomy on 20th January. I´ve had the added boost of a whole 7 pounds weight loss since the op due to the removal of a fibroid. This month my goals will just be to try and maintain a healthy eating routine as exercise other than gentle walking for short periods will be out of the question for a while! But I aim to keep up the water intake and reduce my sodium as I´m a bit of a saltaholic and as I tend to have a lot of water retention, or did have before the op, I know that excess salt is so bad for me!

I look forward to getting to know you all,

Angie :flowerforyou:
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the invitation. My goal is to practice running and getting better at it. I use to be able to run like the wind, and I never thought I would have to learn how to do it all over again, but alas, I do. My goal would be to lose about 6 lbs. for February.
  • JanyceH
    Options
    Good Morning...

I am new to the group and just getting started. I will post my goals a bit later. I need to be realistic. Have a great Wedensday!