WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2012

Options

Replies

• megathome111
    megathome111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow...I missed one day, and need to stay home to catch up on posts (don't I wish:bigsmile:
    ). I woke up at 4:45 this morning, and rather than lay there being miserable cuz "I only had 45 minutes more to sleep and I can't"...I got up and walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill I pulled out and dusted off last weekend. Felt Great! This in addition to my lunchtime walk, and evening walk with the dog should give me an hour of walking for the day.

My goals for February:
    Lose 6 pounds
    Walk 60 minutes / day 5 days/week
    Add some strength training ... I do none...so any tips appreciated!
    Log on MFP and calculate points for WW.

Thanks for the motivation ladies!

MEG
  • JanyceH
    Options
    My goals for February are to:

Exercise every day....I count walking the dog!
    Hit the gym 3 times a week. I finally found gym buddies so this will now be a lot easier.

I'm new to MFP and looking forward to making new 'support' buddies.
    Jan
  • justkate2
    justkate2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Welcome to all new members looking forward to getting to know all of you:flowerforyou:

For the last few days Ive been having problems staying on track. I seem to be hungry between meals. Im trying to stick to
    fruit for the snack but do admit to giving in to other not so good things. I know that everyone has these days but I really need
    help to motivate myself to start my exercise again. Anyone have any ideas?

I am really imressed how disiplined most of the women are on this site. You all are a inspiration to me and I just want to say
    THANK YOU to all::drinker:
  • ljmccune
    ljmccune Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    February goals...
    Complete the BodyRock 30 day challenge. (I start week 2 today)
    Have "fun" in the kitchen trying new, amazing and healthy recipes.
    Stop focusing on the number on the scale and instead focus on how fantastic I feel when I take care of myself.
    Encourage others instead of judging them.
  • sojourningwithjoy
    Options
    Hello, to all. I am new to MFP. I started eating healthier in Sept. of 2011, making small changes, I went off track a little bit during the holidays, but nothing like holidays past. Since Sept. I have lost 30 lbs. But only started counting on here from January. I lost 15 lbs in Jan. and am setting a goal of 10 lbs for Feb. Had a struggle yesterday, got through it... I am learning to cope with my cravings and old habits. Lifestyle changes a little at a time. I am learning.
    14251581.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Wow! So many posts - so many new posters!

I hope everyone is well. I'm chugging along nicely. I have to go to the hospital tomorrow to have an armful of blood taken. I have been asked to take part in genetic research regarding obesity and why some people are successful at losing weight and others are not. It will be interesting to be involved in it.

Better do some work - catch up with you all later.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • Granny1227
    Options
    Bumping for now - no time to post.
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    shmogo9

Thanks for your shout out. Good to know I'm not the only one with wacky results with protein shakes. Back to my usual this morning.

Take care and happy Thursday.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Wow! So much success and encouragement here!

My February goals are these: To get it into my head that I must be happy with slow, steady progress.
    To keep logging and exercising while on holidays.

Have a great month.
    :flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    wow, so many people now. Good to see my old friends and to meet some new ones. I have been doing well with the hour a day on the treadmill. I really think the hypnosis may have helped with that one. I know that it helped with nail biting because I now actually have finger nails. I am still struggling with the scratching and picking and that is the main reason I am doing hypnosis. I still have 6 more weeks so I am still hopeful.

Hope you all have a good day.

Bodi and Ritter's mommy Robin
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    [
  • genealace
    genealace Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Furnace man is here - working on the furnace as I type this. Just to clarify, I have had heat since they came 12 days ago, but it has been VERY noisy and vibrating. I could feel the vibrations through the floor when I was in the kitchen. Before that I had intermittent heat, but I do have some auxiliary heating in the house, so didn't have to worry about frozen pipes.

DBF called (twice) and he had been for a walk this morning. Yesterday he didn't get to walk, because as the nurses were getting him out of bed they couldn't hold his weight and he ended up sitting on the floor. I'll go in to see him later.

It is my knitting group meeting this evening, so I'll go there and then see DBF on my way home.

Sneak peeks are looking good and I'm hoping for another 1lb on Monday when I am supposed to change my stats, but often find that Tuesday is the day I should be aiming for to get rid of the weekend excesses.

Groundhog day today, but I haven't heard the verdict as to whether we will have 6 more weeks of winter or if we will have an early spring.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Good morning, and happy Groundhog Day! I was disappointed that Punxsutawney Phil (who seems to be the official groundhog for the US) saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of winter. On the other hand, Pennsylvania is a long ways from here, so maybe that doesn't apply?

I posted this link that helps me with my daily weighing obsession about 4 months ago, and thought that I would share it again. It gives a good explanation of daily weight fluctuation, and in case you couldn't tell, I needed the pep talk this morning!
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/scale_lies.htm

This time when I was reading it, I started wondering about the book by Robyn Landis that they refer to, and did some further searching, coming up with some interesting excerpts from the book that I thought that I would share.
    http://www.bodyfueling.net/ExcerptBF.html

Hope all of this helps someone. Have a great Thursday! (And by the way, when I gave myself the pep talk this morning, I used my motto to remind myself that I can reach the stars even if it isn't easy!) Mary

Edited to add a quote one of my friends just posted: Strength is the capacity to break a Hershey bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces. - Judith Viorst
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Cloudy, Cold Thursday....

Here in Denver we are expecting the snow in time for the evening commute (that ought to be fun, people forget how to drive in it so it adds a full hour to the commute:grumble:) The weather people are saying we should get 8-12"...so hubby is hoping I can take tomorrow off as a Vacation day....so today I will do double the work so I can stay home tomorrow:bigsmile:

WOW so many newbies:flowerforyou: WELCOME:flowerforyou: jump right in and let us get to know you.

Hoping that this is a successful week for watching that food intake, so far so good. Hubby is requesting pizza for the Super Bowl, I had created what I call a "White" pizza and the calories are pretty low(in relation to pizza from a parlour), so I will be doing a bit extra exercise so we can have it.

When ever I get in the "MFP" zone and really work the exercise and logging of my food, it makes me wonder why I ever stopped:angry: and I just get so mad at myself for letting the stress of last year get to me and causing me to gain so much:blushing: ...but I will conquer it again .... I have to..I have a closet full of cute clothes that are calling for me to wear them:wink:

Everyone have a good day, drink your water:drinker: :drinker: and get up and get moving.

Laura:smile:
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

I'm just going to forget January even happened (mostly because I think they cheated us of a few days because it sure doesn't seem to have been 31 days long)?

My February goals: Lose 5 pounds - and keep them off! Log my food daily - and given the busy time of year at work my last goal for February is "remember to eat". I get busy at work and forget to eat and then get home with 700-800 calories still to go! :noway:

And I'm going to stop talking about not having time to exercise and force myself to get off my butt at 8 pm and walk for at least 30 min. daily. :embarassed:
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting this together, Barbie. I would love to join you. Here are my goals:

1- Lose 2.8 lbs. to reach my UGW of 138.
    2- Work out 4 times/week
    3- Limit wine to weekends (Fri & Sat)
    4- Limit carbs to whole grains
    5- No food after 9:00 pm

I bought my ultimate goal reward yesterday. A gorgeous shapely black/tan dress from Anne Taylor's. It fits now, but I am going to hide it until I reach 138. That is my carrot.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Barbie, just wanted to mention about your 100 squats a day, sheesh, you're amazing! I started by doing 25 yesterday and I don't think I can even do 1 this morning LOL! I might have to wait a few days to continue, but that's ok. I'm feeling muscles I'd forgotten I had.

My hiking partner and friend Jackiebo's here now too, how fun. We took our dogs on a nice long trek yesterday, I'm going to try and trace our steps on the same trails later this morning to see if I can find her lost headband. I made her eat some of my homemade wontons for lunch. She said mmmmmm. I said MMMMMMMM. Wontons are definitely one of my favorite foods. These are boiled, not fried. More like a Chinese ravioli or light Chinese dumpling.

Better get a move-on here. Great day to all.
    :^) jb
  • wwcheapway
    Options
    Hello I am new to the game and was looking for support team , also i was looking to see if there is a way we can all weight in weekly , I find this helps me to be accountable to someone other than myself since i can not be trusted at the moment...:-) I find it i have to post my results for someone to see it helps keep me in line and if I have a problem others can hlep.

My goal for Feb is the stay on track with logging in my food>
    also to up my Exercise wake up time by 5 mins a week... I began at 6am and now I am at 5:35 trying to get to that 5am hour.....:-)
    Also to say no to myself when i know I should not have it....:-) large goal....:smooched: :smooched:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new to the game and was looking for support team , also i was looking to see if there is a way we can all weight in weekly , I find this helps me to be accountable to someone other than myself since i can not be trusted at the moment...:-) I find it i have to post my results for someone to see it helps keep me in line and if I have a problem others can hlep.

My goal for Feb is the stay on track with logging in my food>
    also to up my Exercise wake up time by 5 mins a week... I began at 6am and now I am at 5:35 trying to get to that 5am hour.....:-)
    Also to say no to myself when i know I should not have it....:-) large goal....:smooched: :smooched:

Welcome! If posting your weight weekly helps you, feel free to do it here. We will all support you however we can! Mary
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    http://refusetoregain.com/refusetoregain/2011/01/losing-weight-after-fifty-menopause-and-other-issues.html

Good morning! Loving all the great new ideas and links. I'm attaching a blog I read this morning. Wondering what others make of this. I am finding that my over 50 body is attaching everything I eat to my belly. Think I'll try this approach with the exception of keeping my morning steel cut oats.

Happy Thursday all.