Pre-Logging Exercise

Options
12346»

Replies

• vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I do pre-log my food. Most for planning purposes. But I definitely don't pre-log exercise. I didn't that a couple time in the beginning and wound up eating more than I should have because I never got to the exercise. Now I wait till I have actually done the workout.
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my lunches that I take to work, just because I've already measured the portions and it keeps me from trying to remember what I took later if I just log it while I make and pack it. Exercise however, I do not pre-log. If I did though (hypothetically) and something happened that I didn't do it, I would remove it. I also don't have an HRM right now so I am relying on the calories burned estimates from the database. Once I get an HRM, I will be even more adamant about not pre-logging because I am going to want to ensure my calories burned is an accurate representation. I agree, this is real life. Every time I turn down something tempting in favor of a healthier option, every time I step on the scale, and every time I log my food and make myself publicly accountable for what I ate or what I did for exercise that day, I am reminded of how truly real this is. I have friends on MFP from all over, and they would have to be real to be as great and as supportive as they are. Otherwise, you may as well set it up for an auto-reply saying "Good job!" every time you post. I love you guys!