I have love for you if you were born in the 80s

Options

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    1980 here .... my favorite show in the 80's was Punky Bruster. I remeber watching my mom and my aunt lie down on the bed with in a pair of Jordaches with coat hangers to pull the zipper up lol :laugh:
  • rdunlap81
    rdunlap81 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My parents recorded Rainbow Brite on VHS tapes for me so I would sit and watch tv when they were busy...lol! Loved Care Bears also.
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    Being born in the eighties would mean missing out on the fun! Like Michael Jackson's Thriller, Madonna (young) and leg warmers! Cool bright colors and stripes and huge hair. Oh, and the hair bands, like Motley Crue, Van Halen, and the beginning of MTV, when MTV was really all about music videos. Which were unheard of before MTV.

Being in my twenties in the eighties was so much fun. Amazing movies like Flashdance and The Breakfast Club and St Elmo's Fire, I enjoyed everything about the eighties. Oh, and I had my kids in the eighties. They are both skinny (like I used to be, haha!)
  • Dawn3218
    Options
    I agree those born in the 80's couldnt have appreciated it like those who were old enough to enjoy the 80's. It's my favourite era - love the music especially the Smiths, U2, Ultravox, Duran Duran, I could go ON and On and ON................. LOL
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    << '87
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Darn. Missed it by that much............ 1975 here
  • sojojoshua
    Options
    1980.... yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    83 here! Oh man, I loved my My Little Ponies when I was little! :laugh:
  • CajunApril
    CajunApril Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    81 here !

~ I miss the one hit wonders
  • Embell0830
    Options
    '80 the decade of Jem and the Holograms, way better then Barbie
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are too young to have truly enjoyed the 80's like I did.

Yeahhh. The true 80s kids were born in the 70s. ;) I ♥ the 80s.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    god only logged off for 2hrs and I have 3 pages in reply's,

to all those born in the 80s were born :smokin: rock on man!!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    They give out slap bracelets as prizes at my work, and 80s pins, and I freakin' love it!! Sheena Easton was my favorite artist, love My Little Pony and Rainbow Bright, Reading Rainbow, 3-2-1 Contact... Oh! I could go on forever :D
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    WHAT THE HELL?!??!!!

I was just singing this song to myself and dancing to it a bit when I sat down to use the Internet. Seriously.

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!

(1980 here!)
  • Bnicleve
    Options
    85, wuuuuurd!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I was born in 82, wore the slouch socks and oversized sweatshirt, fountain ponytails, and my fave show was KIDS INCORPORATED!

I'm going to have that song stuck in my head now... Kids Incooooorporaaaated K-I--D-S!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    84!
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    I feel cheated because I was born in 1970 but not many people enjoyed and embraced the 80's like I did!

and trust me when I say that being a teen in the 80's was much more fun than being a toddler or pre-teen!

Oh yes, born 1969 I loved to be a teenager in the 80s.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Being born in the 80s means that your formative years were in the 1990s.
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    82 BABAY!!!