SWaT-February Walk with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options

Replies

• Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I was just reading an article on Real Age.com about, walking to lose weight. This chart tells the amount of calories you will burn doing a 15 minute walk at the pace of 4 mph. Leslie does a mile in about 14 to 15 mimutes depending on which work out you do. According to the chart:

15 min. 1 mile walk = pace 4 mph.

250 lb. person = burns 511 calories

200 lb. person = burns 454 calories

150 lb. person = burns 340 calories

120 lb. person = burns 272 calories

Walking with out dieting you will lose 1 pound in 10 days at this pace. This is not a debate, I am just passing on what I read....

This is calories burned at that pace per hour, not in 15 minutes. Still not a bad amount!

http://www.realage.com/walking/how-many-calories-can-you-burn-by-walking

I had no idea that walking could burn this many calories!

PLEASE know that these counts are for an HOUR of walking at that pace--NOT 15 minutes!

I use Leslie Sansone 5-mile Fat Burning Walk and the 4-mile Express Challenge and I'm burning approximately 100 calories a mile. Right now, I'm doing 4 miles a day and my burn has been between 408 - 457 and I weight about 200 pounds. I'm using a HRM.
  • Taymay75
    Options
    When I first started trying to do the Leslie Sansone walks, I was pretty debilitated. I started out trying to do her ONE-mile walk. At first, I couldn't even keep moving my feet for the entire twenty minutes! So I resolved to just STANDfor the entire 20 minute DVD if I couldn't walk that long, and just joined in the walking when I could. I also couldn't do her arm motions at the same time as walking, at first. I just couldn't breathe hard enough! So I started doing the arm-motions parts while standing still. And my arms REALLY complained! Like I said, I was seriously debilitated! I also weighed 355 pounds, back then.

Now, I weigh 242 pounds (yes, I lost 113 pounds, since August 2011!). I graduated from Leslie's one mile walks to her two mile walk. Then I started doing the two-mile walk twice a day! NOW I am doing her 3-mile walk, and not missing a single step or arm motion! I have actually done it twice some days!

My walking goal for the coming month is 80 Miles. Gee, I never thought of it in terms of how many miles I was walking in a month! But that is what three miles a day adds up to, minus an allowance for missing a few days along the way.

Congratulations on your weight loss. This is fantastic! :drinker: Doesn't it feel good to see how far you're progressing. Keep walking because you'll be up to 5 miles soon.
  • calgarychick2012
    calgarychick2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    well its the 21 but I have been walking at least 5 days a week 2 miles a day. now that i have found this I'm in
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I'm currently doing 11 mins (a little over 1/2 mile). My goal for the rest of the month (Feb) is to be able to do 3/4 of a mile. I'm adding in minute increments.
  • mamamea413
    mamamea413 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    78/85 Doing:Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim:Fast& Firm 4 Really Big Miles(includes jogging)

Does anyone know why my Fitness ticker says session halted ??
  • Taymay75
    Options
    I'd like to join! I'm currently doing 11 mins (a little over 1/2 mile). My goal for the rest of the month (Feb) is to be able to do 3/4 of a mile. I'm adding in minute increments.

Welcome to the walk Floridagirl!
  • farmerted322
    Options
    Someone created a leslie sasone group, come and join us.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Anyone can go join the group if they want but I will keep this going. I prefer the message boards as it is easier for new members to find us and then join in!:happy:
  • anevels
    anevels Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    just found this team today, so i am far behind, i will complete the month with you by doing 3 miles x 3 days a week through the end just to get back on track and start strong for march
  • Taymay75
    Options
    Goal: 85 miles

Completed today (2/22) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone 5-Mile Fat Burning Walk)

Total completed – 66 miles

Left to complete – 19 miles
  • Taymay75
    Options

Anyone can go join the group if they want but I will keep this going. I prefer the message boards as it is easier for new members to find us and then join in!:happy:

I agree that posting on the message boards does make it easier for people to find out about the challenges.
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I walked twice today -- one for 10 mins and the second for 8 mins. :)
  • Taymay75
    Options
    I walked twice today -- one for 10 mins and the second for 8 mins. :)

Good job Floridagirl! Keep that up!
  • mamamea413
    Options
    4 miles today with Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim:Fast& Firm 4 Really Big Miles(includes jogging)
    My Ticker Tracker not working
    82 miles/85=3 miles left
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    You are all doing so well!

I haven't walked as much the last couple of days but I did start a strength training routine--just an easy body-weight one for now. I think it will help with my motivation, too.
  • Taymay75
    Options

Completed today (2/23) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone 4-Mile Super Challenge)

Total completed – 70 miles

Left to complete – 15 miles
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    676 / 800 exercise minutes for February
    Went to gym and did 35 minutes of cardio and 25 minutes of weights for upper body, abdominals and back.

Jenny
  • mamamea413
    Options
    4 miles today with Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim:Fast& Firm 4 Really Big Miles(includes jogging)
    86 miles/85= SURPASSED GOAL OF 85 MILES!!!YEAH!!
    Going to continue to walk the rest of the month 4 miles a day. To GOD be the Glory!
  • Taymay75
    Options
    86 miles/85= SURPASSED GOAL OF 85 MILES!!!YEAH!!
    Going to continue to walk the rest of the month 4 miles a day. To GOD be the Glory!

Awesome job Mamamea! :drinker:
  • Taymay75
    Options
    Happy Friday fellow walkers!

Completed today (2/24) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone 4-Mile Super Challenge)

Total completed – 74 miles

Left to complete – 11 miles