SWaT-February Walk with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options
Hello, Fellow Walkers.

We are a small group of walkers who use the Leslie Sansone walks for our exercise routine and who post our progress and support each other in meeting monthly walking goals. Although originally a walking group, we have evolved into a very open, free-style support group. Some walk, some do strength training, and some mix it up. Everyone has different schedules and is at varying levels on their weight loss journeys, so you set your own goals; the only one you are competing against is yourself, and the group is here to offer motivation and support.

If you’d like to join, just introduce yourself and post your goals for the month. Check in as often as you can --- daily, weekly, whatever works for you.

The SWaT Walking Team originally stood for Sansone Walking Team (after the Walk Away the Pounds originator) and the name stuck. For those of you not familiar with Walk Away the Pounds (now referred to as Walk at Home), they are walking workouts by Leslie Sansone. There are four moves to each workout (walk in place, kicking, knee lifts, and side steps), and most workouts offer modified movements for a beginner or someone who needs a less strenuous walk. They range from one mile (about 15 minutes) to five mile (about 80 minutes) walks and can be done in your living room right in front of your TV or computer. They are available at Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. They also can be rented from Netflix or downloaded from the Internet, and some cable providers have them available in the Free Zone.

I found this group over a year ago, and it helped to keep me accountable with regular exercise. I lost almost 80 pounds and then let life get in the way and gained back 30. Now I want to lose a total of 60 more pounds. I have committed to regular walking this year and to getting back to a healthier lifestyle.

My goal for February is to walk at least 2 miles a day 6 days a week.

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Hi I"m here again! I'm going to stick with minutes per month rather than miles. I just bought a new Leslie DVD that I'm excited to try!

My goal will be 800 minutes for the month of February. This will include Aquajog, volley ball, strength training, cardio at gym, and walking with Leslie Sansone DVD's.

Jenny

exercise.png
  • TaraBeFree
    TaraBeFree Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Although I didn't actually report anything for January's challenge, I kept coming back to the thread and read everyone's progress - very inspiring. With everything else that I have going on, I am going to set what I think is an achievable walking goal for February and try to hit 12 miles in the month. That's 3 miles per week for 4 weeks.

Pmjsmom....thanks for setting up the challenge.
  • AmanteDoll
    AmanteDoll Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    im in
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm in - my goal is 55 miles for February.
  • thagberg2011
    thagberg2011 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Count me in. My name is Theresa and my goal for the month of February is 25 miles in the month. That is my small goal, my large goal is 100 miles for the month lol. I am also walking at lunch time at my job as long as the weather is good. I just bought one of her dvds at walmart and I am very excited to do this :bigsmile:
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Okiee Dokie, I'm back

Hopefully this month I'll be productive... I walked last month, but wasn't consistant at all. I really need to get back in the groove.

This month I will try for a low number. 50 miles for the month

I have no more excuses, the weather is beautiful & Mom's big 70th birthday has come & gone.

I started a new challenge today, So hopefully that will help me with motivation & sticking to it.

Lets Do it Ladies :drinker:
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I'm in again! My goal for February is 85 miles (I did 60 last month) so this will be challenging . I realized that I need to give myself two days of rest so I will workout Mon-Fri. so I have to step up my walks from 3 miles a day to 4. I'm ready for the challenge! Let's go everybody!

Goal: 85 miles

Completed today (2/1) – 4 miles

Total completed – 4 miles

Left to complete – 81 miles
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    I'm going for 60 miles for the month of February( an extra day because of leap year!). Will try for 3 miles@day/6x a week.

Gotta lose that weight......
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Walked 3 miles to Leslie tonight for 54 minutes and 410 calories burned with my HRM. This was her 4 Ultimate Workouts DVD. The 3 miles with resistance bands was pretty intense:)

54 / 800 minutes for February

Jenny
  • mamamea413
    mamamea413 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, your comments were very encouraging for me last month! Thanks:flowerforyou:
    My goal for Feb. will be to Walk at least 4 miles a day five days a week with Leslie's 4 Really Big Miles. That's 56 minutes each day.
    84-miles/280-minutes for the month
  • tbraund111069
    tbraund111069 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. So glad I found this group as I've just purchased on of Leslie's DVDs & loved it! I'm an outside walker by choice, but the weather in Wisconsin isn't always cooperative. Had heard about Leslie's program for years & finally picked 1 up for $1.50 (figured was no big loss if I didn't like it). Started it last week & am hooked. I'm starting out slow (it's a lot different than regular walking) & am committing to 2 miles, 3 days/week, as I also do strength training 3 days/week.
    Good luck with all of your goals!
  • greeneyedaries
    greeneyedaries Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is great. I walk her 2 mile express walk. For me this is the best one so far that I have tried. I have several of her DVDs and I really enjoy them. I will try for 48 miles for this month. Happy walking.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone. I'm back after sliding off for the past two months (in which I gained 10.2 pounds -- YIKES). I have just been in a funk and haven't been doing my walking and it's showing, so I'm hoping to recommit. In addition to the Sansone workouts, I've signed up for a boot camp that starts next Monday and meets M, W, and Fs for the month. My goal is to use walk 40 miles this month (plus the boot camp).

Thanks, Kathy, for keeping the group going.

Good luck to all with your goals!
  • greeneyedaries
    greeneyedaries Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Walk Strong Deluxe kit by, Leslie Sansone will be launched Feb 4th. @10 am EST on QVC. A total gym in a box. Really looking forward to this. I have the equiment in this deal but I want the new DVDS. This is exciting.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Walked 2 miles yesterday and am supposed to walk for 3 miles today. Need to go shopping but I will get it done--maybe outside as it is supposed to be another beautiful day!
  • doriday
    doriday Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Goal for February : 30 miles

Feb 1: 1.5 miles with Leslie---- 28.5/30 miles to go
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm in for February. I have 8 miles in so far. I'd like to go for 60 miles total. I really like being part of this "club". Thanks to all of you for the encouragement you give me. We're a great group!! Happy walking!
    Patti

exercise.png
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Goal: 85 miles

Completed today (2/2) – 4 miles

Total completed – 8 miles

Left to complete – 73 miles
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Feels so good to be walking again! An oldie, but a goodie, I used the two mile High Calorie Burn walk. I need to be sure and walk Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as preparation for my first boot camp on Monday. Wish me luck! :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • mamamea413
    mamamea413 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    4 miles today=80 miles to go
    56 minutes today=224 to go

Felt GREAT!!