SWaT-February Walk with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options

Replies

• Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm sitting on the couch right now but I can see a walk in my future. I'll keep trying. This is a great group and it's a blessing to be a part of it. Thanks again. Patti
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Come on Luneytoonz! You can do it because we're doing it with you!

Goal: 85 miles

Completed today (2/9) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone WATP 4-mile Challenge)

Total completed – 30 miles

Left to complete – 55 miles
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! This is great, I'm in!! Love Leslie's DVD's. For February I will try to add some of her toning workouts to the 3 miles per day/5 days per week that I do.

Any suggestions on the best toning workouts would be greatly appreciated!

Leslie doesn't do a whole lot of toning, but a "new" DVD coming in March looks promising, "Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan" seems to have several toning sections ..... we'll see. (This could be a compilation .... Target had a series of DVDs that had 5 minute add on sections.)

Leslie did 2 circuit workouts awhile back called "Walk Strong." (A circuit workout is a combination of cardio & strength training.) "Walk Strong Express" uses a resistance band. You walk for awhile and then stop to do lunges, squats, bicep curls, etc. You could bump this up with a heavier band. The other "Walk Strong" is one of my all time favorites. You use heavier dumbbells for squats, presses, etc.. I find this really effective because it combines upper & lower body, it keeps my heart rate up the whole time.

Mile total is 16 - 39 to go. I better get moving....
  • mamamea413
    mamamea413 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great to see so many walking this month! I started that boot camp on Monday and boy is it doing me in! I've been doing the Sansone tapes for about a year and a half (and they still wind me!), but the boot camp is more intense than I thought it would be. Monday was basically various calisthenics and a lot of running (YIKES - quite different from the "boosted" walks Leslie does) and Wednesday was arm bands - and a lot of running! On the off days (T, Th, and weekends) I'm still doing Leslie's walks. I'm hoping the boot camp gives me a jump start from a plateau I've hit (although like some of you have shared, I too have not been making the best food choices --- eating healthy foods, but not watching the portion control; I curse trail mix for such a small serving that is a lot of calories!).

Have a great weekend, Everyone!

exercise.png
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @AZChatter---Hang in there! You remember the old saying "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I'm sure you'll get stronger! p.s. Thanks for the heads up. I won't be signing up for boot camp anytime soon! LOL

2 Mile Big Burn w/intervals today. It felt good. I'm getting my frame of mind straightened out I guess. Thanks again for the encouragement.

exercise.png
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have been moving all week havent got much walking done only 4 miles. I have 46 more to go!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yay! Collagevideo.com has a video clip up for Leslie's "Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan" - this is a NEW workout coming in March. To find it, look in the "Coming Soon" section.

2.25 on Thursday ..... still got 36 miles to go
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday my fellow walkers! I'm taking the weekend off and I'll be back walking on Monday!

Goal: 85 miles

Completed today (2/10) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone WATP 4-mile Challenge)

Total completed – 34 miles

Left to complete – 51 miles
  • mamamea413
    Options

exercise.png

Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim:Fast& Firm 4 Really Big Miles(includes jogging)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm still here--just haven't had a lot of computer time lately. I am still following the Walk Club Calendar and have been doing pretty well at keeping on schedule.

I hope to get back online later but probably won't be able to--we'll see how it goes!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    298 / 800 minutes of exercise for February.
    Went to gym and rode the recumbent bike doing interval (fast and slow) for 35 minutes (5.68 miles).

Now we are going out in the bitter cold to watch a friend do the polar plunge to raise funds for the special olympics. Shivering will burn calories!

Jenny
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I feel bad I didnt do it all week.

JFGIm5.png
  • mamamea413
    Options
    @AZChatter---Hang in there! You remember the old saying "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I'm sure you'll get stronger! p.s. Thanks for the heads up. I won't be signing up for boot camp anytime soon! LOL

2 Mile Big Burn w/intervals today. It felt good. I'm getting my frame of mind straightened out I guess. Thanks again for the encouragement.

exercise.png
    Good job!!!
  • mamamea413
    Options

exercise.png

Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim:Fast& Firm 4 Really Big Miles(includes jogging)

Today did an extra 2miles with Leslie's Two Mile Faith Walk
  • mamamea413
    Options
    Cherry,
    You can start fresh tomorrow, I have to do it in the morning or I'd never get it done. Don't know if that helps.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have done 13 miles since the 6 of February!
  • luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I had a good week. Think I set me goal of 30 miles too low. I did 18 miles this week which brings me to to 22 miles for the month. I'll blow by my 30 mile goal, now I just want to see how high I can get!

Keep it up everyone!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    374 / 800 exercise minutes for February.

Have a nice day everyone!
    Jenny
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Cherry,
    You can start fresh tomorrow, I have to do it in the morning or I'd never get it done. Don't know if that helps.

Yes that's what I think too. But waking up at 5 AM to work out before work and before my 11months old wakes up seems like a big challenge. I'm not sure I'll have the motivation tomorrow morning when the alarm will ring :laugh: