SWaT-February Walk with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options

Replies

• mamamea413
    mamamea413 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @ genthel:
    I really love the moves on The 4 Big Miles. Great work out with the three boosted walking segments.
  • mamamea413
    Options
    2/7/12
    Leslie's 4 Really Big Miles(includes jogging)
    4 miles (56 minutes)=60 to go
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I love her DVDs! I think I will order the Ultimate 5 day walk plan. Sounds like a perfect workout plan for the month of February. What are some more Leslie favorites?

I'll be waiting to see what this one is. Some "new" DVDs are really compilations - I hope this is new.

I'll wait, too. Her only "new" DVD that I know of is her Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles that came out in late 2011. I usually check customer reviews at both Amazon and CollegeVideo before getting any new DVDs. You can usually find out if it is really is "new" or not.

I have a lot of her workouts on my computer (I don't always have access to a DVD player!) and one that I have is also very old--big hair and spandex--and leg warmers! It's called Walk off Weight and is a total of 4 miles. It is kind of fun but is kind of cheesy with the fake living room and window!
    I'm not sure which is my favorite, though. I do them all at various times just for variety.

Leg Warmers! I'll have to look for that. Some of her old workouts are really gems. I used to HAVE big hair, so it doesn't bother me at all. I do have a walking/strength training DVD that has a "fake" living room set ... no leg warmers though.
  • mamamea413
    Options

blk-exercise.png
  • Loverj79
    Loverj79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well, if it is not too late. I have her 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk that was given to me and I enjoy doing it.
  • Dannosjourneytofit
    Options
    Hello all,
    I am in for february. I have walked 20 miles so far this month. My goal is 70 from today on. I have the the dvd with 1,2,3,4 mile work outs and I love it! I usually go to the gym but I do have to plan to work out at home when the kids are home.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    204 / 800 minutes for February

Walked 2 miles on the treadmill.

Jenny
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem motivating myself this week. Did good walking and eating last week but my weight stayed the same. I can't seem to lose consistantly despite having gastric bypass in 2010. I know it's been almost 2 years but I would think the weight loss would be a little easier now, but it's not. The first 18 months were great though. Just feeling a little down I guess. Tired of staying the same on the scale after working out and eating well.

OK, no more crying on your shoulders. I've done 3 miles so far this week bringing my total for the month to 14 miles. Keep on walking.

Patti (the slug!) LOL

exercise.png
  • Luneytoonz
    Options
    I love her DVDs! I think I will order the Ultimate 5 day walk plan. Sounds like a perfect workout plan for the month of February. What are some more Leslie favorites?

I'll be waiting to see what this one is. Some "new" DVDs are really compilations - I hope this is new.

My favorites:

Leslie with a group
    3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - pros: good music, Mary Kay leads mile 2, bright set, chaptered so I can skip around.

The Big Burn - 2 Miles of intervals. pros: Music only option, love boosted walking, "Everybody" song is used very briefly ..... I know this is petty .... I got rid of 2 Fast miles because THAT song was used 3 times! (grrrrr)

Leslie Solo
    Walk Weight Loss Bootcamp - pros: VARIETY (walking, boosted walking, strength training) , cool down is chaptered separately - can skip to it whenever, bright set. The figure 8 cord is not needed, resistance band works too

3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk - pros: Music only option, variety of moves, (unfortunately out of print ... I think)

Walk Away the Pounds
    Two Mile Walk (Leslie is wearing lavender on the cover) - also on the "Deluxe Walk Aerobics Special" DVD. This has soooo many moves that you don't do your first set of knee lifts until mile 2. Warning - 80's big hair & ugly spandex is involved. This is almost choreography.

I recently bought the Sleek and Slim 3 mile through Amazon.com They have a LOT of the older walks available through their marketplace...listed as "used". I have about 8 Leslie videos and I love the variety. I have to agree that the Bootcamp is great because of the variety. It seems to fly by. We're on the cool down before I even realize it.

exercise.png
  • eawilkrsn
    Options
    i love Leslie Sansone!!! and I love her workouts. Im in.

My Goal for February is at least 2 miles a day 6 days a week.
  • Luneytoonz
    Options
    I just caught up on reading this board and I'd like to everyone for the anniversary wishes. I appreciate it!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

I'll wait, too. Her only "new" DVD that I know of is her Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles that came out in late 2011. I usually check customer reviews at both Amazon and CollegeVideo before getting any new DVDs. You can usually find out if it is really is "new" or not.

I have a lot of her workouts on my computer (I don't always have access to a DVD player!) and one that I have is also very old--big hair and spandex--and leg warmers! It's called Walk off Weight and is a total of 4 miles. It is kind of fun but is kind of cheesy with the fake living room and window!
    I'm not sure which is my favorite, though. I do them all at various times just for variety.

Leg Warmers! I'll have to look for that. Some of her old workouts are really gems. I used to HAVE big hair, so it doesn't bother me at all. I do have a walking/strength training DVD that has a "fake" living room set ... no leg warmers though.

I'm not even sure the Walk off Weight is available on DVD. A friend gave it to me on a flash drive and I put it onto my netbook. Her husband converted their VHS tapes or something--I'm not really sure how that works, though!

I used to have a bunch of tapes with that living room set. I used to count how many times the 'weather' changed during a workout! Funny!
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    forget to post yesterday :frown:

total so far

walked 20 miles so far 80 miles to go!
  • mamamea413
    Options

exercise.png

Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim:Fast& Firm 4 Really Big Miles(includes jogging)
  • mamamea413
    Options
    Luneytoonz ,
    I just want to encourage you to keep up the great job your doing for your health...even though you may not always see the scale change your toning muscle and your loosing inches and maintaining flexibility...I know you know all this...sometimes good to hear it said to you again!! Keep on walking and eating healthy. Eating to live and not living to eat! My corny saying I know.
  • mamamea413
    Options
    your a brave soul...that one killed me...went back to 4 really big miles
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Goal: 85 miles

Completed today (2/8) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone WATP 4-mile Challenge)

Total completed – 26 miles

Left to complete – 59 miles
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem motivating myself this week. Did good walking and eating last week but my weight stayed the same. I can't seem to lose consistantly despite having gastric bypass in 2010. I know it's been almost 2 years but I would think the weight loss would be a little easier now, but it's not. The first 18 months were great though. Just feeling a little down I guess. Tired of staying the same on the scale after working out and eating well.

OK, no more crying on your shoulders. I've done 3 miles so far this week bringing my total for the month to 14 miles. Keep on walking.

Patti (the slug!) LOL

exercise.png

Don't give up! You could be losing inches.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    263 / 800 exercise minutes for February

Aqua Jog tonight-felt great! Burned 359 calories.

Jenny