SWaT-February Walk with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options

Replies

• mamamea413
    mamamea413 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oops!..Forgot to put first days numbers...
    2/1/12:4 Miles/56 minutes- Using Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim:Fast and Firm 4 Really Big Miles(includes jogging)
    80 miles to go/224 minutes to go
  • mamamea413
    Options
    2/2/12:4 miles =76 miles to go
    56 minutes =168 min. to go

Felt GREAT!!
  • mamamea413
    Options
    2/3/12:4 miles =72 miles to go
    56 minutes =112 min. to go

Using Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim:Fast and Firm 4 Really Big Miles(includes jogging)
  • mamamea413
    Options
    Corrected my post for 2/1-2/3
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    So far I have about 5 miles done and I plan on a 2 mile walk today--probably outside. The Walk Club calendar has an abs session scheduled for today, also so will do that this afternoon or evening.

Its going to be a beautiful day once this fog burns off! Clear and chilly--perfect for a brisk outdoor walk!
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @AZChatter---

Welcome back! Good luck with your Boot Camp. You have to let us know how it is. I know you can do it along with your walking!

Patti
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Heeeyy im in.

I have leslie sansons 5mile walk.. the one with the band. I forgot exactly what its called. Lol.

On average im trying to do at least 3 miles a day.

So my goal is 60 miles for the month of february.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fellow Walkers.

We are a small group of walkers who use the Leslie Sansone walks for our exercise routine and who post our progress and support each other in meeting monthly walking goals. Although originally a walking group, we have evolved into a very open, free-style support group. Some walk, some do strength training, and some mix it up. Everyone has different schedules and is at varying levels on their weight loss journeys, so you set your own goals; the only one you are competing against is yourself, and the group is here to offer motivation and support.

If you’d like to join, just introduce yourself and post your goals for the month. Check in as often as you can --- daily, weekly, whatever works for you.

The SWaT Walking Team originally stood for Sansone Walking Team (after the Walk Away the Pounds originator) and the name stuck. For those of you not familiar with Walk Away the Pounds (now referred to as Walk at Home), they are walking workouts by Leslie Sansone. There are four moves to each workout (walk in place, kicking, knee lifts, and side steps), and most workouts offer modified movements for a beginner or someone who needs a less strenuous walk. They range from one mile (about 15 minutes) to five mile (about 80 minutes) walks and can be done in your living room right in front of your TV or computer. They are available at Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. They also can be rented from Netflix or downloaded from the Internet, and some cable providers have them available in the Free Zone.

I found this group over a year ago, and it helped to keep me accountable with regular exercise. I lost almost 80 pounds and then let life get in the way and gained back 30. Now I want to lose a total of 60 more pounds. I have committed to regular walking this year and to getting back to a healthier lifestyle.

My goal for February is to walk at least 2 miles a day 6 days a week.

That's AWESOME!! I absolutely LOVE Leslie Sansone!! I have 2 of her dvd's, and they are so much fun!!! I try to do all 5 miles of the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk dvd on Saturday mornings!
  • trina433
    Options
    i love leslie she is awesome. i have the walk at home 5 really big miles with the toning band. love it
  • szqnva
    szqnva Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just happened to see this post! And so glad I did. I LOVE the Leslie Sansone dvds. I have a very old one - Walk at Home - Walk Away Your Waistline, and it has been a lifesaver for me! I have been sedentary for so long that I am really out of shape, but I was able to do the Walk at Home. I haven't been able to get past the 1 mile point yet...at least not all at once.

But I'm up for a challenge! I'm going to do 21 miles in February.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    my my buddy introduced me to leslie's walk at home workout 2 weeks ago and i do it everyday! iam up to the 2 mile walk in the morning, and the 1 mile walk in the afternoon. its is an awesome workout!!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    I don't have much time, because I've been bull s---hitting online all morning & now I need to get ready for work.

I walked 1 mile yesterday & 2 today. Thats terrible for me, since my normal is a 6 mile walk each day. My mind is not with it... depression I guess from the weight I gained back.

Any way i'll be on late tonight, time for work.

Have a great day ladies :flowerforyou:
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have let life get n the way these past 2 months, but I am back. Thankfully I have not gained back any of the weight, but I have not lost a single pound. I am aiming for 100 miles with Leslie.
  • reeniesing
    reeniesing Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Leslie Sansone's workouts. She is a little corny, but so am I. I enjoy her workouts as much as I enjoy Zumba. Since I've stopped losing, I've starting jogging in place when she walks. I think it bumps up the exercise some.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    count me in for 40
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Leslie Sansone's workouts. She is a little corny, but so am I. I enjoy her workouts as much as I enjoy Zumba. Since I've stopped losing, I've starting jogging in place when she walks. I think it bumps up the exercise some.

You're right - I'm sure it bumps it up. That's the great thing about her simple workouts - you can always "boost" them up or down. I'm looking for a rebounder (mini-trampoline) so that I can do her workouts that way. All jogging would be too high impact for me.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Walk Strong Deluxe kit by, Leslie Sansone will be launched Feb 4th. @10 am EST on QVC. A total gym in a box. Really looking forward to this. I have the equiment in this deal but I want the new DVDS. This is exciting.

The QVC set won't be new - it's a compilation set of Walk Away Your Hips & Walk Away Your Waistline. But it's great to get ab belt & fit cuff with it. The 3rd bonus DVD "pilates inspired walk" appears to be Slim & Sleek ... this is one of my favorites. Lots of different moves on that one - music only option too.

Amazon (& WalMart) has one called "Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan it " looks "new"
    ... but I guess we will have to wait and see.

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone-Ultimate-Walk-Plan/dp/B006NKFAA6/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1328295243&sr=1-3
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday fellow walkers!

Goal: 85 miles

Completed today (2/3) – 4 miles

Total completed – 12 miles

Left to complete – 73 miles
  • ready4achange1
    Options
    :smile: I am in! I actually started Leslie Sansone's Walk It Off & Tone Up on the 1st of February. My goal for this month is 35 miles.

1 mile - 02/01
    1 mile - 02/02

2 miles/33 to go.