February-Day by Day Challenge--OPEN TO ALL!!!

Options

Replies

• aandbthomas1
    Options
    My goals for 2/5
    1. Drink more water- one glass more
    2. Finish homework- yes
    3. Clean the kitchen- yes and a load of laundry

Goals 2/6
    1. Drink more water
    2. Avoid the cake (or earn it through exercise)
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My goals for Monday

back to work....sigh

no stress eating ..... it was hard, I was stressed, but I did it.!! done, I need to do something extra nice for me for accomplishing this.
    journal my food honestly.... done
    drink my water and green tea....done
    make car appointmenf ro new brakes....done....all set for tomorrow morning
    see if I can change the vet appointment to Monday night...they couldnt change it so it is still for thursday

hope everyone has a great day...

I wanted to eat the entire refrigerator.... I wanted to eat so bad....I was not hungry, just stressed. I drank extra green tea and did eat my dinner a little early...but at least I did not binge out. Getting ready to do my dinner dishes and then go ride my exercise bike for 1/2 hour.
  • RoseyK
    Options
    Tuesday goals

To drop my car off at the dealership for brakes and an oil change
    To not be talked into extra repairs just because I am a woman
    To not stress eat.... I can do this.
    To journal my food honestly
    To drink green tea and water
    To get my paperwork ready for my tax appointment
    To pick up fresh flowers for my office and my bedroom (gonna put a bunch near my exercise bike in my bedroom)

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • aandbthomas1
    Options
    Goals 2/6
    1. Drink more water- same amount as yesterday, but still more than I used to drink.
    2. Avoid the cake (or earn it through exercise)- I only had one bite of cake instead of a whole slice, which is a step in the right direction!

Goals for 2/7
    1. Increase water by at least one more glass
    2. Try to fit in the gym before class.
    3. Plan a new and healthy meal for dinner with hubby for tomorrow.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Monday, February 6th
    1. Water (10-12)- yes
    2. 300 extra burned calories- yes
    3. stay near calorie goal-yes
    4. Finish up Toro and Stihl training today- Oops! Called customers and cleaned instead
    5. Wash face before bed!- Yeah! Day two!

Was a long night! Hoping for a better day! Smiling!
    Tuesday, February 7
    1. Water (10-12)
    2. Burn an extra 200 calories today
    3. Stay near calorie goal
    4. Stihl and toro training
    5. Wash face before bed

Oh, that looks like a repeat. Will try again! Have a good one!
  • candirichter
    candirichter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,My name is Candice and I have been trying to do MFP for about 3 weeks now, I have lost 2 pounds but I have to say I only update my food journal if I have stayed under for the day! I know that's not going to work! I am the mother of 3 kids ages 14, 9, and 5. I'm trying to get my husband to join but so far no such luck.

My goal for today:
    1. Stay under my calories and log everything.
    2. drink 32 ounces of water.
    3. take my daily injection for MS.

Thanks for the challenge!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for Feb. 6:
    1. Do my morning meditation.--Yes.
    2. 2 mile walk in the morning and another in the PM.--Yes, AM, no, PM.
    3. Healthy choices and stay in my calorie goal.--Yes and Yes.
    4. Water!--Yes.

Yesterday was a good day for the most part. The sun was shining and it was in the upper 50's. Went for my morning walk but completely forgot about the PM walk! I got a little depressed in the afternoon but I did NOT binge or overindulge! I DID suck on a lifesaver which helped for very little calories. (I will try to remember that for next time.)

Rosey--Good for you! One day at a time!

Welcome to all our new members! It takes time but this DOES work!

Goals for Feb. 7:
    1. Do my morning meditation.--Already done.
    2. 2 mile walk in the AM and 1 mile boosted walk in the PM.
    3. Healthy choices and stay in my calorie goal.
    4. Water!
  • TraceB
    TraceB Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well my cold is better so now I need to make some progress this week. Today my goals are
    1. 30 min cardio
    2. abs
    3. stay under calorie goal
    4. DON"T eat left over cake and cookies from son's birthday(the hardest one for me)

Well I did eat cake and a cookie yesterday...
    I also did 30 min of cardio and abs. I didn't log my food so a didnt stay under my calorie goal either. 2 out of 4 for Monday.

today my goals are
    1. 30 min cardio
    2. under calorie
    3. abs and lower body

Good luck everyone..
  • RoseyK
    Options
    Tuesday goals

To drop my car off at the dealership for brakes and an oil change done
    To not be talked into extra repairs just because I am a woman done
    To not stress eat.... I can do this. done, but today was rough
    To journal my food honestly done
    To drink green tea and water done
    To get my paperwork ready for my tax appointment not happening tonight, just too tired
    To pick up fresh flowers for my office and my bedroom (gonna put a bunch near my exercise bike in my bedroom) didn't like the selection of flowers at Shop Rite...I wanted roses or carnations. The ones they had looked picked over.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

I feel totally exausted. What a day. I had a car appointment for 8am....drop my car off at 8am, tell them I would like to have the car back around 1pm. At one o'clock, I call and they had not even looked at my car.....I retold them that I was working a later shift and I couldnt pick the car up after 4. I reminded them that I had an 8am appointment and I was there at 8am. My car was complete by 3pm. Complete brake job, front and back and rotors.

I wanted chocolate sooo bad today. Thankfully there was none in the house. After work I had to run to the store for mushrooms and green peppers. I basically drooled in the candy and ice cream rows. Almost picked up sugar free fudgicles... didn't because I know I wouldnt be able to stop with one. Had my hands on a bag of chocolate peanut butter cups.... saying to myself I could eat one and give the rest to my daughter...like that would happen. I put them back.

Going to bed to hopefully dream of being in fantastic shape and looking good in my new summer clothes.
  • waytoweigh
    Options
    HI, My name is Linda and this seems to be the place for me..one day at a time is all I can seem to manage these days:laugh:
    I like that goals are not all weight or fitness related. After all we all have laundry or dishes to do and cars that need to be fixed.

So I work at a childcare as the bookkeeper at my desk all day. Lots of good food there and not much activity for me. Tommorow, Feb 8th my goals will be:

1. drink water
    2. file the paperwork that is piling up at work.
    3. walk 30 minutes
    4. take something to work to eat so I won't eat yummy kid food:laugh:
    5. AND drink more water
    6. AND drink more water
  • aandbthomas1
    Options
    Goals for 2/7
    1. Increase water by at least one more glass-yes
    2. Try to fit in the gym before class- no but I already have my gym bag packed for tomorrow morning
    3. Plan a new and healthy meal for dinner with hubby for tomorrow- mom is emailing the recipe I needed right now

Goals for 2/8
    1. swim 2500 yards
    2. add one more glass of water
    3. stay near my calorie goal
  • rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump only bc is it so late at night
  • aandbthomas1
    Options
    Kathy,
    Super jealous of your weather right now... it was 26 degrees as the high and snowed some more here in Colorado. As if the 15 inches on Friday weren't enough!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday and keep up the good work!

Bree
  • CBR1kRR
    CBR1kRR Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new here and just looking to meet some more people for motivation and inspiration.

My name is Heather, I am a stay-at-home-mom of my 5yr son and 19mon daughter. I have had some life changes come about that have contributed to about 20lbs of weight gain AFTER my daughter was born. I have degenerative disk disease, a herniated disk, and fibromyalgia. I started walking, then physical therapy twice a week, I am now to the point of running 1mile, lifting and doing cardio.

I am 6'0.5" tall with a SW of 193.4 and a GW of 150 and am down to 185.

Daily goals for 2/8:
    1) bump my run up by extending it 2mins
    2) dont eat 1-3hrs before bed
    3) take ALL doses of my medication

I am looking forward to getting to know some of you!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, February 7
    1. Water (10-12)- Done
    2. Burn an extra 200 calories today- nope
    3. Stay near calorie goal-off by 140
    4. Stihl and toro training- DONE!!!!!
    5. Wash face before bed- yeppers!

Welcome New folks! This really does work. We believe that lifestyle is imperative to keeping weight off. This site helps teach you to be aware of portion sizes, movement, and calorie intake. Some things you will find surprising! Being honest in logging is number one. Don't cheat yourselves! One step at a time!

Great job Rose!

Only managed about 50 extra calories of movement yesterday so didn't even log. New goals today kind of. Have to make a few habits, so they will stay on my daily goals for several weeks. You all keep me accountable!

Wednesday, February 8
    1. Water (10-12)
    2. Stay within 100 calories of goal
    3. burn 200 extra calories today
    4. Wash face before bed.
    5. check out stuffs for husband and order.

Be extra nice to someone today and make their day!
  • cschmidt42
    cschmidt42 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow! I love this thread! My name Is Crystal, I am 46 years old. I have been divorced for two years, but found the love of my life and I am engaged. I have started many challenges and just cannot seem to complete them. This seems to be just what I need. I had surgery two weeks ago and cannot exercise for 4 more weeks. So my goal today is to just stay within my calorie range and get my water in. Also to stay motivated either though I cannot exercise!!
    I hope everyone has a great day and I look forward to getting to know everyone on this thread!!:smile:

Crystal
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for Feb. 7:
    1. Do my morning meditation.--Already done.
    2. 2 mile walk in the AM and 1 mile boosted walk in the PM.--Yes to both walks but did not 'boost' the afternoon one.
    3. Healthy choices and stay in my calorie goal.--Yes and yes.
    4. Water!--Yes.

The weather was SO nice yesterday that we walked to 2 different playgrounds. My grandson had fun and so did I! It's rainy today but not very cold so we'll probably walk to the grocery store to get a few things. That's almost a 3 mile round trip through a nice neighborhood.

Rosey--I try really hard to stay out of the candy and ice cream isles Good for you for resisting the urges!

Bree--Our weather is usually not bad. The last week of January, though, we had 14" of snow, followed by an Ice storm and then wind. Power was out and it was COLD! We are really NOT used to that here! (My son loved the snowboarding this past weekend, though!)

Goals for Feb. 8:
    1. Do my morning meditation.
    2. 2 mile walk in the AM and 15 minute abs session.
    3. Healthy choices and stay in my calorie goal.
    4. Water and tea.
  • RoseyK
    Options
    Didn't realize that I hadn't posted any goals for Wednesday.... so I will post my goals for Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday

no stress eating....... I am in control of my eating, today wasn't as stressful as yesterday
    journal honestly.........done
    drink my green tea and water.......done
    exercise....going to be riding my exercise bike for a 1/2 hour in a few minutes

Thursday

no work today.... just lots of appointments
    take Jack ( our jack russell,yorkie mix doggie) for his vet appointment
    pick up doggie food at the vet (they eat special food because of max's sensitive tummy)
    get dog licenses for both doggies
    dr appointment for me for complete physical.
    appointment with my daughter to go to Arcadia open house.... she wants to be a PA and transfer her credits
    journal honestly
    drink green tea and water
    get my tax paperwork together

It is snowing right now...mostly flurries...hoping nothing lays. If anyone is playing the powerball tonight "good luck" and remember me if you win.
  • waytoweigh
    Options
    HI, My name is Linda and this seems to be the place for me..one day at a time is all I can seem to manage these days:laugh:
    I like that goals are not all weight or fitness related. After all we all have laundry or dishes to do and cars that need to be fixed.

So I work at a childcare as the bookkeeper at my desk all day. Lots of good food there and not much activity for me. Tommorow, Feb 8th my goals will be:

1. drink water
    2. file the paperwork that is piling up at work.
    3. walk 30 minutes
    4. take something to work to eat so I won't eat yummy kid food:laugh:
    5. AND drink more water
    6. AND drink more water
  • waytoweigh
    Options
    Well, (if I have figured out how to reply to my own post )
    here is how I did today; I drank my water, took something to eat to work AND didn't eat any of the yummy kid food AND I managed to get some filing done. I have to still walk for 30 minutes but will do it before bedtime.

Tommorow: Thursday I will keep the same goals cuz I'm still not very good at doing them regulary. Will add one to go to the YMCA and check it out (see if I can afford it or not)