Turbo Jammers 3/30-4/5

Options

Replies

• deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I managed to get in 20mins in the gym before I had to bail out due to a massive stitch in my side (210cals) and then when I got home from work I done TJ20 which really kicked my butt (218cals). cant believe how much that workout wrecked me! I used to be able to sail through that with no bother!

I suppose that is my punishment for not exercising properly for two whole weeks!! :noway: :noway: it wont be happening again!!

I just found out that my fiance and I are heading to Boston for 5 days!! I cannot wait! I checked out the hotel and they have a good gym there so there will be no excuse for not working out, he cant believe that I will do it and it giving out saying "we're on our holidays!!" but I need to keep it up so my gym gear will be packed!

Sephora / Macy's/ Tiffany's etc.. here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Sara...love the new picture!!!
  • deedun
    Options
    Sara how are you getting on with BB coaching?? Have you gone to any other turbokick classes??
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Checking in with CP3 and boy do I feel GREAT!!!! I have definately missed that endorphine rush. Oh I love my TJ. I thought about doing more but I don't want to hurt myself...after all it's been an entire week since I did ANYTHING!!

Deedun-vacay sounds exciting. When are you leaving? And good for you on planning to exercise while away. Hey even if you only get it in once or twice you will be doing better than I did :smile:

Sara-it's monday...nuff said! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I keep getting pulled away from the computer by the kiddos...wanted to say Lyn, that picture of you and your kiddos is wonderful:smile:
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    Didn't turbo jam over the weekend but had a good reason... MY LITTLE GIRL TURNED 3!!!!!! Had a very exciting weekend. I did do the 20 minute work out and the first 10 minutes of the ab work out last night though.
    Also have very good news... with turbo jam I have managed to take an inch and a half off my thighs. My thighs have ALWAYS been one of my biggest problem areas. I have NEVER been able to get my thighs smaller (only bigger haha) now with turbo jam (its the only working out I do) I've been able to. ITS A MIRACLE. lol :):):)
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    I didn't know there were so many tj dvd's. How do you like that booty sculpt? Harder than lower body jam?

I like Booty Sculpt because it's full body toning...legs, arms and abs...it uses weights and that green jump rope looking thing :tongue: It's definitely my favorite strenght workout...until I get Chalean Extreme that is!

Deedun...I LOVE Boston! I'm sure you'll have a great trip. Good job jumping back into your TJ's

Lyn and Sara...Love the new pics! :smile:

wmcnicol...Happy B-Day to your little one! And congrats on the inches lost!!! :drinker: TJ is just soooo amazing! :happy:

Hi Janet...and all of my lovely TJ friends! :heart: Great seeing everyone checking in today!
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    megan- thank you :) yeah its amazing!!! I couldn't believe it when I measured and saw a loss. almost passed out haha :)

btw... my name is Whitney. So now you guys don't have to call me wmcnicol lol :):):)
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey there fellow jammers!!

I have gotten in the fat blaster (as usual!) and also managed to take the kids for a long walk to get the mail! I am starting to feel much better now that I am back jamming everyday! I am turning up the heat a little as I am 3 weeks away from my birthday! My present for my birthday and for working so hard losing weight is a trip to Old Navy!! Ya .. we live way out in the boonies .. so Old Navy excites me! Might even take a little peak into The Gap or American Eagle .. haven't been able to shop in those stores since before I had my three wonderful children! So we'll see how much fun I am having! Hehe!

Well hope everyone has a great day and i'll check in later!!

Take care and happy jamming!:bigsmile: :drinker: :tongue: :laugh:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    megan- thank you :) yeah its amazing!!! I couldn't believe it when I measured and saw a loss. almost passed out haha :)

btw... my name is Whitney. So now you guys don't have to call me wmcnicol lol :):):)

Oh I'm pretty sure we will forget but thanks for sharing Whitney! I'm terrible with names! Congrats on your inches lost...I understand I hate my thighs too...the only "up" side is that most of mine is muscle....but I don't want them to be as big as they are.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Hey there fellow jammers!!

I have gotten in the fat blaster (as usual!) and also managed to take the kids for a long walk to get the mail! I am starting to feel much better now that I am back jamming everyday! I am turning up the heat a little as I am 3 weeks away from my birthday! My present for my birthday and for working so hard losing weight is a trip to Old Navy!! Ya .. we live way out in the boonies .. so Old Navy excites me! Might even take a little peak into The Gap or American Eagle .. haven't been able to shop in those stores since before I had my three wonderful children! So we'll see how much fun I am having! Hehe!

Well hope everyone has a great day and i'll check in later!!

Take care and happy jamming!:bigsmile: :drinker: :tongue: :laugh:

3 weeks...my bday is in about 4 :smile: I hear ya too I keep thinking if I'm gonna lose this last 8 lbs by my birthday I need to kick it in the butt...and what do I do....take last week OFF. :laugh: I love Old Navy but their sizes are so off compared to every where else, so I really have to have the time to look thru everything and try it on. I hope you get to go shopping without the children.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I didn't know there were so many tj dvd's. How do you like that booty sculpt? Harder than lower body jam?

I like booty sculpt as well. It's fun and dancy but still gives you a great all body workout. Lower body is rough...I think booty sculpt is easier cuz it's not focused on just the legs.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Morning ladies,
    I hope everyone is ready to kick up the exercise a notch. Weekends seem to be a particular hinderance, for most of us anyway. I think I'm ready to start doing TJ 5 days a week. I'm really gonna give it a go. So wish me luck!:happy:

Good luck to you. You will love the way you feel after a full weeks worth of workouts. Good for you for kicking it up...summer is coming and we will all be ready thanks to TJ
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who commented on the new pic. My mom took that pic Sunday before we left her house.
    Janet-you jammed the whole weekend, good for you!
    Megan-you are now running??? You are crazy! Good for you though. Hey question for you....when you were mixin your workouts, what did you do while you were waiting for the dvd to load and get to the next section you wanted?? just walk in place?
    Sara-are you liking your gym membership? How are the kids dealing with it?
    Kelly-Hi :flowerforyou: Are you feeling better?

Okay, sorry about all the posts but that was the easiest way for me to catch up...and still deal with kids and dinner and keep my head on straight. :happy: I know you all understand!
  • deedun
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I not due in work til later so as I was snoozing I just decided to get up and do PK&J !! :noway:

As you all know I turned into a lazy mess for the past two weeks so this dvd totally wiped me! I lasted 30mins before I had to collapse and I was even pushing it at that stage! The sweat is still pumping off me but I fully intend to work myself back up to my old fitness level and surpass it!!

I just didnt seem to have the energy to go on! I don't know if it was due to such an early workout on an empty stomach or that I am not used to these dvd's anymore but at least I got something in and I will do another one later on...

I have to say I love the combination she does near the start with the punches, that really got my heart pumping!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I not due in work til later so as I was snoozing I just decided to get up and do PK&J !! :noway:

As you all know I turned into a lazy mess for the past two weeks so this dvd totally wiped me! I lasted 30mins before I had to collapse and I was even pushing it at that stage! The sweat is still pumping off me but I fully intend to work myself back up to my old fitness level and surpass it!!

I just didnt seem to have the energy to go on! I don't know if it was due to such an early workout on an empty stomach or that I am not used to these dvd's anymore but at least I got something in and I will do another one later on...

I have to say I love the combination she does near the start with the punches, that really got my heart pumping!
    Were you able to drink any water beforehand? I used to always exercise/Jam in the morning before eating, but I'd be sure to drink some water first. I tend to do better and have more energy in the morning.
  • megan0313
    Options
    Megan-you are now running??? You are crazy! Good for you though. Hey question for you....when you were mixin your workouts, what did you do while you were waiting for the dvd to load and get to the next section you wanted?? just walk in place?

Hi Lyn, yeah, when I changed the dvd's I kinda jumped rope and did some punches to keep my heart rate up. Let me know what combos you come up with if you make your own! :smile:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Friends:heart: ,
    Glad to see all are here and well and we're continuing on with the quest. Checking in this morning w/ 20min TJ and 20 min Cardio/Strength interval (denise austin) I really don't like her dvds much anymore now that I'm in w/ TJ but I needs a heart pumping weight combo to add (this IS supposed to be Strength day, LOL) and I was short on time this morning. I will do sculpt when I get home... I plan:laugh: ) I have a commitment now... I wrote it down!!
    Drevans - Love the new pix w/ the kiddos - you all look beautiful!! Keep working hard - that nasty 8 lbs will be gone in no time.
    Megan - Hey girl!! You are really peaking my curiosity about this Booty Sculpt!!.. Going to have to get that one!!
    Nicole- Nice to have a name to go w/ your pretty face!! Great job on the inches lost !! Keep it up!

Love to all I missed ~ i'll check in later, class beckons:laugh:
  • JasonArmbruster
    Options
    i Turbo Jam'd for a year a half before I had to have surgery on my knee back in Mar '08 ... then my doc took me off any workouts 'til Dec '08 ... then I became a Team BeachBody Coach... and started doing P90X... along with my wife, Kathryn ... We're a couple days away from being done with the first 90 days...

Wow... what a difference ... but I will always luv the Turbo Jam workouts that got me shape in the first place... Soon we'll try Chalean Extreme...

Thank you for reading... btw... i just joined yesterday...

Jason
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Just finished PK&J and moving onto booty sculpt!
    Janet-I know what you mean about the Denise Austin tapes, I feel that way about all of my other DVDs...it just seems like nothing compares to Chalene!
    Jason...welcome to the site! We're all addicted to TJ on this thread, and I'll be getting Chalean Extreme very soon...I'm so excited to start it!
    Have a great day everyone!
    :heart: