Turbo Jammers 3/30-4/5

Options

Replies

• Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    I was wondering, how do you track your turbo jam workouts on here? Do put it under aerobic?? Kickboxing?? or something different?
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Ladies we have a man amongst us!!! Welcome Jason! Do you still Jam even though you are doing other workouts?

Tiff-I was using the kickboxing category and it came pretty close. Some girls use the high intensity aerobics. I think it all depends on your intensity level.

Janet Good morning. I agree with you on other workouts...they just don't compare after doing TJ. While I was at my mom's she said that I could do her Sweatin to the Oldies workouts :laugh: it would have been entertaining more than anything, but I couldn't see myself getting any benefit cuz I would have been laughing so hard the whole time. That reminds me....I need to throw out a bunch of old workouts cuz I will NEVER do them again!!

Megan-I am tempted to piece some together but I would have to sit and watch them and take notes first and right now I don't have time for that. I am tempted right now to do 2 CPs back to back...just for fun (did I just say for fun?:noway: )

Not much going on here today, hubby was suppose to have the rest of the week off and they called him this morning and asked him to come in....no complaints from me, work pays much better than unemployment. While I was gone last week, hubby cleaned house and did laundry so there is none of that to do. I joined the crazy world of Facebook yesterday so I may spend some time there today. Most importantly I must get my jam on. I didn't do any strength toning work yesterday so I must do it today....maybe some booty sculpt cuz I haven't done that in a long time. Cardio??? umm it's a toss up, CP 1 or 2 since I did 3 yesterday....but CP1 is really....boring to me (Megan if I remix any it will be that one :smile: )

Oh I had a question.....does anyone (with HRMs) get a really good calorie burn from FB? I only burn about 250-280 cals. With the CP workouts I burn over 500, so even though it's a shorter workout, I don't see the calorie benefit.

I've rambled enough, Have a wonderful day. I'll be back after my workout.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Oh yea I was gonna share this article.....

http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100235019&page=1

America's 10 Best Fast Food chains....

And then follow the link at the end of the article to the 15 Unhealthiest.
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Lyn, I find that too with FB, so much so that I feel like i havent worked out enough!!

I am soooo sore now! I know I only started back exercising yesterday but I've done loads and my mucles are aching so I will rest tonight and then back to the gym in work tomorrow and then when I come home I plan on doing CP.

Cant wait for CP2&3 to arrive!!
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Lyn...wow 2 CPs!!! That's gonna be killer! I thought about doing that once, but I never got past the "thinking" stage :laugh: Hey, I'm on Facebook too (Megan McLaughlin...my pic is the same one here so you'll know it's me) send me a friend request!! Anyone else out there on Facebook?

Deedun, good job on the workouts...now that I've been running a little too I'm pretty sore. I kinda like mixing the running with the CPs, it seems like I'm working different muscle groups. The fronts of my thighs are so stiff right now...I love it! :happy:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Oh, I wanted to add that I burn about the same as you guys with FB...that's why I've been adding it in the middle of a regular CP (w/o the warmup and cooldown). Also I do it before one of the toning DVDs to get my heart rate up first.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Megan I added you as a friend on Facebook :smile: Sara is on there too but I haven't found her yet. Also I didn't do the 2 CPs today...not up for it today...maybe on a day my hubby is home and can watch the kids for that long.

Deedun...remember pain is good it means you are changing the shape of your body.

I just finished CP2 and I'm going to do Booty Sculpt in a moment. My dvd player has to have time to cool otherwise it starts skipping (mental note-shop for dvd players).
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Jason and Sara- What do you think of Hip Hop Abs vs. TJ? My sister has HHA and wants to trade me for a while....is the workout as good? Is it worth the trade? I could definately use some help with my abs.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I just finished Booty Sculpt which I haven't done in forever and my body is shaking...my triceps burn, my lower back/butt area is achy, and my legs are jello! I forgot how hard that workout is...time to hit the shower!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Jason and Sara- What do you think of Hip Hop Abs vs. TJ? My sister has HHA and wants to trade me for a while....is the workout as good? Is it worth the trade? I could definately use some help with my abs.

I did the "cardio" of Hip Hop Abs & it was a joke compared to TJ's cardio. You FEEL it in your abs, though! I didn't burn as many cals, but I know my abs got a good workout. You basically "pump it" all the time while doing other moves if that makes sense.

Sorry. I've been lurking. I need to really do a good post & catch up on everything. :blushing:
  • deedun
    Options
    Hey Megan I just added you!

Lyn, you're right about the body changing shape, I love the the feeling of sore muscles for some mad reason!

Well I'm off to bed now, and have my gym bag packed for tomorrow!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    My first ever TJ was CP1. Since I got CP3, I never do 1 anymore. It is pretty boring. I have only done 2 once. So far, I like 3 the best, but I'll give 2 a few more times.

Welcome, Jason!

How long is the Punch and Kick video? How many cals do you burn? It was most suggested by you ladies that I get that one next. I generally burn around 500 cals also with CP.
  • deedun
    Options
    PK&J is 50mins long and I find that I burn around 540-580 cals which is great!

What other dvd's have you got?
  • Amy_B
    Options
    PK&J is 50mins long and I find that I burn around 540-580 cals which is great!

What other dvd's have you got?
    I only have the 3 cardio parties as far as TJ goes. Did you want to know what non-TJ I have?
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Good evening Jammers!

Busy day but I managed to fit in Turbo Sculpt!! Love it! And totally enjoying all the nice weather! How has the weather been for all of you? Hopefully just as nice .. I love being outside! Well good night y'all .. just came on here to let you know I am going strong!! Old Navy here I come!!

Later JamStars!!:glasses:
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Good evening Jammers!

Busy day but I managed to fit in Turbo Sculpt!! Love it! And totally enjoying all the nice weather! How has the weather been for all of you? Hopefully just as nice .. I love being outside! Well good night y'all .. just came on here to let you know I am going strong!! Old Navy here I come!!

Later JamStars!!:glasses:
    We're having rain and 40-50 degree weather here in northern IN. DH is on spring break (we're both teachers, but I'm on maternity leave now) next week, and it's not supposed to be much nicer. At least that's what it says right now. It sucks because we were going to go outdoor places with the kids.

My plan is to get a cardio party in today after my 30DS. I am not sure if I'll do 2 or 3 yet though.
  • deedun
    Options
    Hey everyone, i'm logging on in work and just about to head over to the gym on my lunch break, hopefully i'll do a good workout.. I'm so tired today as i was tossing and turning all day!

I plan on doing either CP1 or TJ20 wTS when i get home later. I Havent done a toning workout in a while but my weigh in is 2moro and i want the scales to go down! I dunno which will be better for the added weightloss, any ideas?

The weather here is lovely, yesterday it was around 16' C and it should be like that again today! Its great to see the sun as it brightens everyone's mood!
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Good morning Jammers!

I was wondering where do you guys get your heart rate monitors? Are they very expensive? I would like to know how much I burn when doing Fat Blaster! Cause I am pouring sweat by the time i'm done! Just curious maybe I should be doing other videos instead! But I still love it!

Today the plan is to do Ab Jam and 20 Minute!

Talk to ya later!!
    By the way my name is Becky!!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Checking in with CP3 and Booty Sculpt.
    Beeks...I got my HRM from Buy.com. It's a reebok w/ chest strap and I LOVE it! It was only around $30...the polars are about $80 and up. Before this one I got a Sportsline from GNC with no chest strap and I didn't really like it...you can't put in your height and weight so I don't think it's as accurate.

Have a great day everyone!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Good morning Jammers!

I was wondering where do you guys get your heart rate monitors? Are they very expensive? I would like to know how much I burn when doing Fat Blaster! Cause I am pouring sweat by the time i'm done! Just curious maybe I should be doing other videos instead! But I still love it!

Today the plan is to do Ab Jam and 20 Minute!

Talk to ya later!!
    By the way my name is Becky!!

Becky, I have a Polar F4 that my hubby and sis in law bought me for xmas. I think they paid around 85 for it at a local sports store. I know you can find some good deals online. You may even check your local 2nd hand sports store ( I don't know if they carry those sorts of things but it's worth a try ).
    You may be pouring sweat after FB cuz you are working too hard. Before I got my HRM I pushed myself pretty hard. I had to use my asthma inhaler to make it thru a workout and I was dripping sweat when I was done. Turns out I was working WAY too hard. Now I don't need my inhaler and I still sweat but I know that I'm working my heart and body in a GOOD way.