80+ pounds lost - with a couple pics

Options

Replies

• Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You look W O N D E R F U L!!!! Congratulations on this huge accomplishment!! :flowerforyou:
  • maritenour
    maritenour Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    thank you all :)
  • rxgil1
    rxgil1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look great!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options

And a couple pics:

first1-1.jpgphoto-1.jpg

have to say again, you look fabulous and very laura linney-like! well done! well done indeed :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    OMigoshhh, you look fantastic!!!!!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!. Such an inspiration to me and to many others I'm sure. Brava!
  • PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great! I need to find a similar "before" photo. Idk if I can even find one because at my heaviest I never wanted my photo taken! lol. You've done great, it's no easy task, girl!
  • onyxbarks
    Options
    Very inspiring! Great job, you look wonderful but most importantly, feel fabulous!
  • renu74
    renu74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I will post with better pics once I reach my goal weight, but for now - I'm glad to say I'm 83 pounds down since I joined MFP! I have about 20 pounds minimum that I still want to lose. (I'm 5'10" in case anyone cares)

It's amazing what a change you can make eating healthy foods and paying attention to what goes in your mouth. We eat REAL food and we cook dinner 6-7 days a week. I now love my gym, I enjoy exercise (most days!) and I've registered for a 7k in March. I do strength training three hours, usually two hours of cardio and an hour of yoga a week. I see a trainer every other week to teach me a new weight training program and keep me motivated (it's not necessary, but it's been really helpful for me).

I have logged onto MFP every day since I started (day 230 was this week!), but I have taken weekends, even whole weeks, "off" from logging. I just get right back into it upon my return and it hasn't impacted my progress at all.

My biggest advice? There are a whole lot of paths to get you to a healthier place; the main key is taking the first step. Just start, and once you've started, don't stop.

And a couple pics:

first1-1.jpgphoto-1.jpg

The second pic was taken this Monday morning. Full disclosure: the first pic was taken at about 17 weeks pregnant, and it is the most unflattering full length photo I could find ;) I maintained my weight during pregnancy and lost 12-14 pounds after delivery/nursing, and I maintained that until I started here.

OMG you are so pretty!! congrats :flowerforyou:
  • chriswolffg
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! I am just starting the journey and have about 50+ to loose. I am really focusing on strength training and running ~ and eating better :) Keep up the great work!!
  • o0oBonnieo0o
    Options
    Wow, Awesome work you have done:) you look amazing
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great Job !!! You look beautiful !!!
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all the kind and supportive comments!
  • miller0438
    miller0438 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • ITTISSDONE
    ITTISSDONE Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    TALK ABOUT MOTIVATION!!! YOU LOOK GREAT!!
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    TALK ABOUT MOTIVATION!!! YOU LOOK GREAT!!
    ''

thank you so much :)
  • rootbeer1322
    Options
    What a GREAT inspiration you are !!! You have done fantastic and I pray that I can be as successful as you have been !! Keep up the great work !!! Congratulations !!!:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!