Options
karenann1989
karenann1989 Posts: 63 Member
I loved the BIG Hair!!!!!

Replies

• Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    lmao.... JAZZERCISE hahahaha remember with the full workout gear... matching headband, wristband, and leg warmers? I wouldn't be caught dead in that stuff now!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Leg warmers and flashdance!
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    Kegs parties in the woods!
  • karenann1989
    Options
    Kegs parties in the woods!
    And when they got busted we were told to go home and the cops took the beer
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Vans shoes, my 67 GTO, Van Halen rockin the speakers and some herbs....
  • runwithmike
    Options
    My 78 Camaro!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Swatch watchers, neon clothes and the most of the 80's music, because those things will NEVER be cool again!

Oh, and the absence of facebook and cell phones....I'm so thankful that the things I did as a teen were never put out into the cyber world for people to see and there wasn't any GPS for my parents to figure out where I was!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    99 luft baloons :)
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Aquanet and hair metal! lol...I loved it!
  • karenann1989
    Options
    driving around with the T Tops off - Motley Crue cranked on the radio
  • cdparmer
    cdparmer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    the big yellow walkmen
  • Smarternow
    Options
    Swatch watchers, neon clothes and the most of music, because those things will NEVER be cool again!

Oh, and the absence of facebook and cell phones....I'm so thankful that the things I did as a teen were never put out into the cyber world for people to see and there wasn't any GPS for my parents to figure out where I was!
    Agree, I loved the fact it was more laid back and less stress around.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Swatch watchers, neon clothes and the most of the 80's music, because those things will NEVER be cool again!

I agree completely! I have been saying it for a while now how technology is not always a good thing and is ruining our society! Kids have no idea how to actually call each other up and talk on the HOUSE phone or write letters, or use their imaginations now!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I would be so screwed if i was a teen now and often untag myself out of pics as it is!! Other than that not a lot!
  • inuit
    inuit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Big hair, Duran Duran, clubbing - Ra Ra skirts, harrington jackets, shoulder pads and short skirts.

I loved the 80s, i was 12 when it started and 22 as the 80s dissapeared, best time of my life. Even if some of my fashion choices where a little disgusting, especially the permed hair.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    The Skating Rink
    Cruising the drag
    Coming up with dance routines with my Best Friend and performing them for my family to Madonna and Whitney Houston songs
    T-Shirt Slides
    Jelly Shoes
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Arena rock with the big hair and huge shows.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Passing notes in class, all night chat sessions on the phone, hanging out at the park. The music seemed happier too!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    wearing your favorit bands t-shirt. my closet was full of jeans and heavey metal t-shirts
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Miami Vice
    Roller Skating
    It didn't cost a lot to be in fashion
    The second British music invasion (Duran Duran, Thomas Dolby, etc.)