Options

Replies

• MistressOfHate
    Options
    John Hughes movies.
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Swatch watchers, neon clothes and the most of the 80's music, because those things will NEVER be cool again!

Oh, and the absence of facebook and cell phones....I'm so thankful that the things I did as a teen were never put out into the cyber world for people to see and there wasn't any GPS for my parents to figure out where I was!
    Sadly my most recent trip to the store says they are bringing back neon cloths ahhhhhh!!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Aquanet and hair metal! lol...I loved it!

I was going to say mullets and hair bands lol!
  • idahoprincess72
    idahoprincess72 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Concert Ts, ripped jeans, hair metal, boys with guitars, cruisin' the local streets....And that's why I got pregnant in high school. Oops! :)~
  • amersj
    Options
    EVERYTHING! The clothes (jordache jeans, and layered socks), the big hair and the MUSIC (mixed tapes made from the radio)!!! I LOVED THE 80'S!
  • andreacord
    Options
    I only WISH I had been a teenager in the 80s, My mom was though. Major envy going on over here.
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    the fact we were able to play outside, stay out late, :drinker: and actually CALL people on the phone to talk...no texting, no facebook, nothing was around...there was communication, face to face!!

Big hair (even though I still have it LOL)....leg warmers, long sweaters with black tights and funky boots...oh and who could forget Sunin - to dye your hair! :laugh:, the cell phones, that were ATTACHED to the car, and looked like actual bulky phones.

Bon Jovi, who is still freaking HOT!!! :) Guns n Roses, Poison, Journey, REM, and so on!

Shall I go on!?!?
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    NOTHING was good about the 80's.

80s-fashion-trends.jpg

OMG I LOVE IT!!! :)
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    ....I've got nothin' :ohwell:
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I couldactually go out on a Saturday morning and ride my bike all day til the sun went down. No beeper, cellphone or anything....parents just didn't worry. Try that **** now and I will report my kids missing.......such a safer and easier time then.....DISCO IS NOT DEAD, DISCO IS ALIVE!!!!!

So true.. and without an Ipod.. but maybe a walkman! - I was fan of the alternative music scene and dancing my *kitten* off at the under 21 clubs -- always a good time. My Benetton clothes .. and JAMS (the beach shorts).
  • Dude41
    Options
    I wasnt into fittness for me fast car 77 camaro rs,girls,drinking,drugs and loud music. :bigsmile:
    Life was good back than but I think its better now. :tongue:
  • wildman51
    Options
    ... my guess would be skateboarding while holding on to the back of a truck..... and/or traveling back in time with an old man 3x my age.

Best answer yet ;)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Keg parties every Friday and Saturday night (we never had the cops show up, but we were in farm country, so that might be the difference). When I moved into a city, keg parties disappeared and we just had regular old parties with alcohol and all other sorts of fun stuff.

Pretty in Pink!

8 tracks.

Permed hair.

George Michaels before I figured out he was gay and would never fall in love with me.

Miami Vice.

So many wonderful things. I graduated in 1985.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    80s new wave music...never was in to the neon stuff..or the big hair....walkmans...taping from the radio..John Hughes movies..and cant forget Dirty Dancing...
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    since I wasn't a teen in the 80's my guess would be skateboarding while holding on to the back of a truck..... and/or traveling back in time with an old man 3x my age.

Except the time spent in the old west... I have heard that not everyone believed that trip really served a purpose... ;)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Spray painting my Pumas gold and break dancing!
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Aquanet and hair metal! lol...I loved it!

Yes!!! I with you on this!
  • AmyJo54915
    Options
    Hair bands, roller rinks, and Aqua Net :P
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Purchasing my very first cassette: Van Halen "1984" and blaring "Jump" on my boom box.....
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    the BEST movies.