Options

Replies

• Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Oh man -

California-rolled, acid-washed jeans
    Hanging out at the mall
    MTV actually showed music videos - ALL DAY (Actually, I remember before MTV, we had to watch Friday Night Videos - only on Friday nights! LOL)
    Prince, Madonna, Bon Jovi, GnR.... too many bands to mention...

And I like what someone said about no cell phones and no GPS and staying up talking on the phone - my sister and I shared a "teen line." I tried to explain to my 15yo daughter what a teen line was - and she was freaked out that we had to talk on a phone that was actually tethered to the wall with a cord..... ROFL!
  • karenann1989
    karenann1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Who shot JR
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    The music, the hair, the movies (Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller, 16 Candles, etc), the overall FUN. It was a great decade. I graduated high school in 1987 when I was 17 so I got to have some fantastic 80s moments.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I wasnt a teenager yet.... but i was envious of the teenagers that could afford Nintendos.. and the 18yr old down the street with a Yamaha YSR..
    for thoes of you who dont know what that is, its a mini sportbike...

ysrvidarforus.jpg
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Folding over the bottom of your jeans and then rolling them up. Of course the jeans really needed to be acid washed for maximum coolness.
  • BrickTracy
    Options
    I actually worked in a small music store at the age of 17-18 in a smaller town, back when music stores were MUSIC stores and not huge over-run, corporate profit holes (of which I worked for in the 90's, I must admit). LOVE 80's music, all of it - the hard rock/metal, rap and the introduction of (I remember buying my first Ice-T tape in '86), Culture Club and Wham!, new wave...and driving around to all of this in my '72 Pinto. LMAO!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    My '86 Olds 442 with the T roof off and the tunes cranked everywhere it went.

The music was pretty cool and people seemed more friendly. Girls used to start dancing in the street when the car went by.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    The music!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The music, the hair, the movies (Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller, 16 Candles, etc), the overall FUN. It was a great decade. I graduated high school in 1987 when I was 17 so I got to have some fantastic 80s moments.

I graduated in 1986. i was 16. The 80's we a LOT of fun. I still love the music and movies. I never did have mall hair, but I did perms!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Vans shoes, my 67 GTO, Van Halen rockin the speakers and some herbs....
    This... except mine was a 70 Charger.

1Q_640.jpg
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Fewer, and easier-to-clear-up, venereal diseases!
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    since I wasn't a teen in the 80's my guess would be skateboarding while holding on to the back of a truck..... and/or traveling back in time with an old man 3x my age.
  • Rob_Sarge
    Rob_Sarge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I couldactually go out on a Saturday morning and ride my bike all day til the sun went down. No beeper, cellphone or anything....parents just didn't worry. Try that **** now and I will report my kids missing.......such a safer and easier time then.....DISCO IS NOT DEAD, DISCO IS ALIVE!!!!!
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hair metal, mini skirts, concert tshirts and cowboy boots! LOVED THE 80's
  • nays1983
    nays1983 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Slap Bands :)
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options

^^^This. I was class of '88. I loved high school. In my senior ball picture, my hair is wider than my shoulders! And seeing Billy Idol in concert at the Seattle Coliseum ..... mmmm hmmm!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Aquanet and hair metal! lol...I loved it!

I still love the hair metal...not so much the Aquanet ;)
  • lalalosing99
    Options
    shoulder pads, neon, 80's music, and the big hair!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I wasnt a teenager yet.... but i was envious of the teenagers that could afford Nintendos.. and the 18yr old down the street with a Yamaha YSR..
    for thoes of you who dont know what that is, its a mini sportbike...

ysrvidarforus.jpg
    Part of getting your racing license in Texas requires you work a race doing corner duty. You are trained on how to use the flags, how to help racers that fall, etc. The race I worked happened to be the 50cc guys. Bunch of modded YSRs with grown men having WAY more fun than should be legal.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

Graduated in 1988 but otherwise, THIS. :)