What was the best thing about being a teenager in the 80's

Options

Replies

• AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Folding over the bottom of your jeans and then rolling them up. Of course the jeans really needed to be acid washed for maximum coolness.
    Pegged jeans. Yes!
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    Love that song! :love:
    99 luft baloons :)
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    NOTHING was good about the 80's.

80s-fashion-trends.jpg
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a teenager back then, but appreciate them more and more the older I get.

My current 80s obsession:

Apollo Creed.

I'm gonna be him for halloween.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    def. Big Hair!!!
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options

80s-fashion-trends.jpg

LIES!!!!
  • rayleansout
    Options
    First Love, First Time, Lots of firsts!! LIfe was sweet, I can still smell that girls perfume!!
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    Being outside in the fresh air doing stuff. No one ever played video games. I graduated high school in '81, so I wasn't a teen, but close. Trying to look like Madonna, who set the trend for all the colorful, crazy styles from the eighties.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I wasnt a teenager yet.... but i was envious of the teenagers that could afford Nintendos.. and the 18yr old down the street with a Yamaha YSR..
    for thoes of you who dont know what that is, its a mini sportbike...

ysrvidarforus.jpg

'Nother subject, sorry, but is that you on the bike in your profile picture? Who took the picture? Did you plan it? I'd love it if someone took a pic of me on my bike!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I didn't turn 13 until 1990. But I remember HBO in the 80s ;) so I got to live vicariously through the teens in high school in the 80s through various movies.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

80s-fashion-trends.jpg

LIES!!!!

there is nothing good about a rooster tail hair style.. i would know... i had one! .
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    I still have my concert T's! Rolled jeans.

Taking weeks to make a mixed tape that consisted of music recorded off the radio. Waiting all night for that one song to come on and being ready for it and nabbing it right at the beginning.

Bands that were not auto-tuned and played real instruments with their own music that wasn't sampled off of someone else. I miss those days. =)
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Being outside without a care in the world. Playing football or baseball in the street, hide 'n seek in the backyard late at night.

The music of course and cruising.
  • rebecca0507
    Options
    Big hair, blue eye shadow and definitely the music. Madonna and Duran Duran!!!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    All of it.

The rollerskating, the t tops, the hanging out in the street with your friends. Pegged acid washed jeans, big hair, freedom to screw up and learning the hard way to fix it, but not have it ruin your life forever. Friends and neighbors, being home, instead of always on the go.

Pop rocks, cabbage patch kids, garbage pail kids cards. O ring braclets up your arms and on your fingers. Being able to buy cigarettes without being carded. :wink:

I could go on and on and on and on.:wink:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I wasnt a teenager yet.... but i was envious of the teenagers that could afford Nintendos.. and the 18yr old down the street with a Yamaha YSR..
    for thoes of you who dont know what that is, its a mini sportbike...

ysrvidarforus.jpg

'Nother subject, sorry, but is that you on the bike in your profile picture? Who took the picture? Did you plan it? I'd love it if someone took a pic of me on my bike!

I was on deals gap last summer.... theres several people that take pics of people riding on the road.. then sell the pics to you later online.
    thats one of a set of 20+ pics of me taken that day.
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    This is what I loved the most...freedom. Nothing tying you down, computers were still monsters and although it was a class my junior year of high school, it wasn't in anyone's homes that I knew. Parents worried, but still felt it was perfectly safe to allow us to walk to the "corner" store, about 2 miles away for baloney! Wham!, Pet Shop Boys, Thompson Twins, Def Leppard... ROLLER SKATING every weekend! Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Body Snatchers, The Blues Brothers, Lawrence Welk ...NOT, LOL! And yes DISCO LIVES! :flowerforyou: :smooched:
    I couldactually go out on a Saturday morning and ride my bike all day til the sun went down. No beeper, cellphone or anything....parents just didn't worry. Try that **** now and I will report my kids missing.......such a safer and easier time then.....DISCO IS NOT DEAD, DISCO IS ALIVE!!!!!
  • Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Keg parties (and yes, the cops just took the kegs), the girls (I like big hair), punk rock rave parties (LOVED my ice-blue mohawk for the short time I had it), hitchhiking all over kingdom come to get to the concerts. Riding in the back of my mom's pick-up truck with my sisters/brothers and never a seatbelt in sight. As soon as breakfast was over being told to get out of the house untill the yell for lunch and then back out till the streetlights came on. NO CELL PHONES. The music. The girls again (I still like the big hair.) Going on a hike into deep woods and camping wherever we were when the sun went down. The F R E E D O M E! *sigh* I also graduated in 1988 and dearly miss my friends of old.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    AQUA NET !!!!!!!!:laugh:
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    No worries in the world!!