Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
weight room?

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    home gym so they must have broken in :tongue:

In a commercial gym = hotness + respect

On the proviso that they aren't just doing a gazillion reps of isolation exercises. That goes for guys or girls though.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    When that girl who wears make up and did her hair is doing leg presses on the assisted pull up machine I'm like "wtf is she thinking?"

But when that one girl comes in who looks like she just rolled out of bed and doesn't give a duck, starts to perform snatches and C&J's with perfect form, i stand square in front of her, right hand over my heart and recite the pledge of allegiance.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    There was this one girl at my old gym who would always make the squat rack her *****.

>mfw that happened

*kitten*-*kitten*-*kitten*-*kitten*-*kitten*-*kitten*.jpg
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    kinda tingly
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    vaguely annoyed that she's statistically way more likely to get flirted with in between sets than I am.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    vaguely annoyed that she's statistically way more likely to get flirted with in between sets than I am.

You forgot to say "no homo"
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options

You forgot to say "no homo"

perhaps he didn't! HA
  • melrose09
    Options
    When that girl who wears make up and did her hair is doing leg presses on the assisted pull up machine I'm like "wtf is she thinking?"

But when that one girl comes in who looks like she just rolled out of bed and doesn't give a duck, starts to perform snatches and C&J's with perfect form, i stand square in front of her, right hand over my heart and recite the pledge of allegiance.

Awesome :) hehehehe

I don't do heavy weight lifting (at 95 pounds what would be a lot to me isn't all that impressive), but I do lots of acrobatic type stuff (press handstands, one arm handstands, planches, etc) and other body weight stuff. I definitely get applause on occasion and some "looks".
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    It's awesome seeing ladies lifting!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    There was this one girl at my old gym who would always make the squat rack her *****.

>mfw that happened

*kitten*-*kitten*-*kitten*-*kitten*-*kitten*-*kitten*.jpg

I just got a mean ab workout from laughing! :D
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    "When are they gonna get off that damn elliptical/treadmill/stairmaster/bike/recumbent bike"
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This is good to read considering how awkward it feels being in our weight room.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Love it. Theres a girl in my gym who does Bench, DL and Squat and she makes me go weak at the knees :flowerforyou:

But theres only about 3 girls who come into the free weight room. I wish more did
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This is good to read considering how awkward it feels being in our weight room.

Right?? I have yet to even touch the weight room. I don't even know where to begin anyway so I'd make a fool of myself :p

I'm sticking to the pool =p

The testosterone in the weight room is overwhelming :D
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Don't care just remember its a weight room and not for stretching in the mirror or setting up camp on a bench (I will remove anyone's towel, water botttle, ipod or magazine if you are yakking to a friend on a treadmill and what's with talking on the phone. I will have a look... But I really don't care I'd you're there to workout, prefer that to a screamer, BO wafter or weight dropper.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    When I/my workout partners come in, the guys get out of our way. They know which corner we're going to claim, and that we're going to be needing one of those incline benches, thanks. The guys who work there call us "The Power Rangers", and occasionally a guy will come over to ask a question or give admiring encouragement. I still haven't been asked for a "spot" yet, but I'm hopeful.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I think it's great!
    It shows that this lady is one of the few - the 1%.

Good for her:drinker:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Not a single woman does at either of the gyms I use. One is a less serious, day to day gym with a decent weights section and the other is a pit of testosterone, steroids and steel. It's a shame, but both places are full of posers with twig legs.

It'd be awesome to see some women folk doing it though. I have massive respect for women that do.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I feel lots better now, considering I just moved over to weights this week. Thanks men for the encouraging words. It's VERY nerve wracking for a me to go over there!!